EA Forums - Banner

TRAINING CAMP SEASONAL + Spotlight Information!

Prev1
So, we have new seasonal out and there is also information on Spotlight fighter that is coming out soon.

Spotlight fighter will be Alexander Gustafsson it seems and that means he isHeavyweight fighter. Most probably striker taking in consideration the versions of him that have been out before.

Seasonal is kind of a straightforward affair. You can collect three different types of items: Vote Tokens, Stat Tokens and Training Camp tickets.

Training Camp tickets can be used for Master fighter. Without Wildcard it looks like you need 64 of those tickets to build master fighter (Striker or Brawler of any type). With Wildcard in hand you can cut that down to twentysomething tickets. You get few out of daily and weekly solo challenges, maybe daily packs too. Rest of it you have to grind from packs.

Master moves are in three sets of 5 it seems. Now there are Body Crane Kick, Lead Spinning Side Kick, Cage Superman, North South Choke and Imanari Roll available. There is possibility of voting the stats in. Most voted get put in, least voted are taken out of the card. That would most likely mean that Switch Stance gets all the standup minuses and most likely TDD or Throw gets the ground minuses.

Plusses can go what ever way, but speed, power, top and subo are most likely top of the list. I would prefer footwork over anything else for my moves. As far as grappling goes Top would be best for me as I have a lot of BOT/SUBO/SUBD moves.

As far as the moves go, none of em are must haves. Lead Spinning Side Kick might be handy at times, but mostly it would hit opponents block more than anything. North South Choke is not common occurance and Imanari Roll has not been working like it did in UFC 2. I don't know if master version would do better job though. You never know!

It is still mystery how many stat badges you need to complete one move. Is it one of each kind for standup/grappling or do you need multiple of the kind? My guess is you need up to 10 of the specific winning stat (lets say speed) and half of that of the second place one (lets say power) + one of every other stat.

That remains to be seen.

The packs drop at least one vote, stat or training camp ticket per pack, sometimes two. Vote tokens and stat tokens are most common, you get fewer training camp tickets. In my experience thus far at least.

Lets get to the grind gays!

Replies

• WaterIAm
    284 posts Member
    edited August 17
    Paltsari wrote: »

Lets get to the grind gays!

Ban him for offensive language
    Or hate speech lol
  • Paltsari
    191 posts Member
    edited August 17
    I have to correct my mistake made in the first post. You actually don't need only camp tickets for CAF's, but only 1 for Gold CAF, 3 for Elite, 6 for Master. But you do need Stat tokens for the rest of those slots.

18 different stats for Gold, Elite and Master, 54 combined. So its 10+54 combined and there are specific stat categories you need for different CAFS. Most likely you need more than 54 to hit em all. I've completed all the dailies and bought packs for 60-70k and have 4 tickets and 11 fitting stat tokens. Missing 2 tickets and 7 tokens from Master CAF, Wildcard equipped to Elite CAF Fighter slot. I'm skipping the Gold and Elite fighter slots.

What do the moves need is still unknown, but most likely it includes both tickets and stat tokens.
  • What's the stats and slots for this LW Striker for this event???
  • Thanks for all the info. I have having trouble deciding if anything was actually worth the time. I wanted some 4 or 5 star moves but I'll wait for Guss. cheers
  • Paltsari
    191 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Gus and the event itself don't have too much overlap. Obviously few wildcards are taken away to get Gus, but otherwise no money is needed for him.

There should be two patches of moves yet to come. There might very well be something more useful in those. I myself wouldn't acquire these moves as it is right now. Then, IF no better moves come available I could be swayed for trying out the Imanari Roll or North South Choke.

Body Crane Kick is very telegraphed move and you need at least the Crane Kick alongside to mask where it hits. Lead Spinning Side Kick can be hit "naked" and surprise people after going to body for awhile before hitting it, but it is not game-changer by no means. Aint gonna even talk about that cage move lol.

Then there is the CAF route. Striker or Brawler available. Watching some streams WBW CAF is decent, but I haven't played with it so really can't say. LW Cafs I've been facing in Online gameplay. They look fluid, but I wouldn't take that Striker over Conor or Pettis. Maybe the Brawler could be better with its standup than Nate? For WBW Striker feels better go than Brawler as Nunes is BEAST.

I would not with HW CAFs. Middleweight Brawler is actually very decent (I have one from earlier camp) after you get used to it and find right body type with long enough arms.

Gus is something I'd like to add too as I don't have HW Striker yet. His build is okay for what I have experimented and obviously he will have standup slots for days if striker. My Brawler build in HW is very, very nice and adding up to 2 moves will make Gus absolute beast upping head movement and adding couple of head kicks to the arsenal.

The downside will most likely be his ground work and health stats. Icons Brawlers have very nice build up for ground and you can actually get passable Clinch worked in with max or almost max stats in TOP, BOT, SUBO, SUBD. Gus most likely have to be solely a defensive on the ground. Have to be better than the uncomfortable Cro Cop though.

[Removed profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Paltsari wrote: »
    There should be two patches of moves yet to come.

Looks like there's time for three more sets of moves, or have you heard that we are only getting two?
  • dafuge1 wrote: »
    Paltsari wrote: »
    There should be two patches of moves yet to come.

Looks like there's time for three more sets of moves, or have you heard that we are only getting two?

Have not heard anything concrete. Hopefully 4 sets obviously.
  • How would one get gus?
  • How would one get gus?

If it's the same as the last spotlight event, you have the options of paying cash or one wildcard & 30 daily tokens.
  • Sup daf long time! Haze still playing? And have u broke into top 100 yet? Lol
  • Sup daf long time! Haze still playing? And have u broke into top 100 yet? Lol

I think even Haze has gone now, just me left by the looks of it!

And I'm still really inconsistent (mostly play online for dailies), top 200 is about my best!
  • So what exactly is spotlight? Is it recently retired fighters? Cos seen a few with master gsp... so has there been a bisping ? Rumble johnson?
  • So what exactly is spotlight? Is it recently retired fighters? Cos seen a few with master gsp... so has there been a bisping ? Rumble johnson?

GSP was the first, so we are not really sure how the fighters are being picked.

Recently retired would make sense if Gus is next.
  • @dafuge1 so how often do these spotlights occur? Would be sick if there was a nick diaz!!

• @dafuge1 so how often do these spotlights occur? Would be sick if there was a nick diaz!!

GSP was mid July, lasting a month. No idea when the next one is happening.

Nick Diaz would be great, he's had nothing despite being hugely popular back in the day.
  • Paltsari
    191 posts Member
    edited August 22
    Gustafsson happened last night. We got Heavyweight Striker which is rare sight before this. You had your Bishops (only few of those around) and Cro Cops. Gustafsson has some nice reach and base standup stats, he is lacking at least one standup slot from what I expected tho (which is compensated with 10 ground slots) . Not as compact as Chuck, but solid fighter nevertheless. He has enough slots for defensive ground work too and you can even bump up TOP or Clinch a bit too. Not Chuck level, but solid still yet again. Health stats obviously don't compare to Brawlers.

Today we will find out what it takes to get 5 star move, how many stat tokens and how many camp tickets. I have my Master CAF lined up to be cashed in, but haven't yet as I'm waiting on the information on these moves.

• Moves are out, anyone get any and wanna share what the stats are???
  • srf1999 wrote: »
    Moves are out, anyone get any and wanna share what the stats are???

You can see all of them now in highlights of the week.
  • Hi all i need some advice...is it worth voting for these weekly move sets or just exchange them? For other stats tokens to get the gold elite and master CAF?
  • Hi all i need some advice...is it worth voting for these weekly move sets or just exchange them? For other stats tokens to get the gold elite and master CAF?

You might as well vote as there isn't anything else you can do with the vote tokens.