EA Forums - Banner

No rewards for Single players UT

Kristek91
219 posts Member
edited October 2019
Looks like ppl who didnt grind like crazy wont get any rewards from this event while online players can get few 5* fighters and moves without any problem. Next time Youll do something that stupid maybe think about giving wild card to everybody in the end of the event so offline players can get one fighter too.. Unfortunately i know why You guys try so hard to force ppl to play online(ppl playing online will get frustrated rly quick so they might spend money for packs) and its fully unfair to ppl who dont want or just cant (cuz of their internet etc) play online. With wild card You dont even need 101 clinch to get master fighter.. This company is nosediving atm.

Replies

• Clearly Solo players are in an unfair situation this time. I have fought Fighters with the new Master CAF and 8 Master moves from this event. It 's cool for them but frustrating for us.
  • If you've fought people with 8 master moves they've either spent real money or have been grinding about 10 hours a day - which you can't really be mad at. I play online and all I've gotten out of the event is one master fighter, one elite fighter and one elite move. I still don't understand why single player players are so opposed to collecting daily tokens.
  • I'm not opposed to collecting daily tokens but it's just that I do not have a very good internet connection and It lags :).
    All the better for the online players if they could get lot of cool stuff with their wild cards.
    It's just that I don't understand the interest of doing an event asking players to make weekly and daily challenges, to buy packs to complete the set and ultimately that it doesn't get the expected reward.

Having wild cards makes it possible to override all this without efforts.
    But those who doesn't have one have spent 1 month doing all what was expected for nothing or almost.
    What is the point ?
  • Oh yeah, I completely agree with that. This event has been a disaster. Everybody should be able to get at least one master fighter and one master move without having to use wildcards and even opening a single extra pack from the store. But overall, you can't expect to have fighter/move collection on par with an online player - and rightly so (though I do think there should be weekly objectives for tokens i.e 'complete 150 transitions' that are open to single player as well).
  • ashsamuel wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I completely agree with that. This event has been a disaster. Everybody should be able to get at least one master fighter and one master move without having to use wildcards and even opening a single extra pack from the store. But overall, you can't expect to have fighter/move collection on par with an online player - and rightly so (though I do think there should be weekly objectives for tokens i.e 'complete 150 transitions' that are open to single player as well).

Totally agree. :)
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Kristek91 wrote: »
    Looks like ppl who didnt grind like crazy wont get any rewards from this event while online players can get few 5* fighters and moves without any problem. Next time Youll do something that stupid maybe think about giving wild card to everybody in the end of the event so offline players can get one fighter too.. Unfortunately i know why You guys try so hard to force ppl to play online(ppl playing online will get frustrated rly quick so they might spend money for packs) and its fully unfair to ppl who dont want or just cant (cuz of their internet etc) play online. With wild card You dont even need 101 clinch to get master fighter.. This company is nosediving atm.

This is thanks to EA IMMEDIATELY segregating the game's community in two: the "Whales"(the name used by devs to describe the suckers who continue who continue to give them money) and those of us that don't. EA split the community in hopes of turning the Single Player UT only community(which I am a part of) into "Whales", which is why Single Player UT doesn't have access to daily challenges or wild card tokens. If it makes you feel any better bud, I have NEVER been able to get a Master CAF from any of this game's events due to the utterly ridiculous requirements needed to attain one. I either A: Never have enough currency( because matches against the CPU don't offer much currency) to open enough packs to get the required tokens/card sets needed to complete a set, or B: the requirements are so ridiculously high that I don't have anywhere near the amount of spare cards or tokens to complete a Master CAF set. PRIME Example: during the recent Summer Camp event I was only three camp tickets shy of finally getting a Master CAF, only to find out that in order to create JUST ONE camp ticket I would need 12 spare cards; for a total of 36 spare cards needed to attain enough camp tickets for a Master CAF(As if anyone other than a "Whale" player had 36 spare cards just laying around going to waste) To make matters EVEN worse, now my Elite CAF is CONSTANTLY being matched up against Master CAFs of which I stand little chance of winning against thanks to so many "whales" wasting $80-$100 on the spotlight fighter of the week. Now thanks to EA's god awful matchmaking, Single Player UT has become unplayable due to Elite CAFs and lower being constantly matched up against Master CAFs. This is why I am done with EA and this game. To the few of you still playing this: mediocre, unrealistic, game that's "supposed" to immitate real life MMA I can only say good luck and I wish you all the best😁
  • KanoNico16 wrote: »
    Clearly Solo players are in an unfair situation this time. I have fought Fighters with the new Master CAF and 8 Master moves from this event. It 's cool for them but frustrating for us.

"This time"? Try since the very beginning of the game's release bud, EA immediately segregated the community in hopes of turning the Single Player UT only community into "Whales" who will continually give them money. This is why we don't have access to daily challenges or wild card tokens.
  • KanoNico16 wrote: »
    Clearly Solo players are in an unfair situation this time. I have fought Fighters with the new Master CAF and 8 Master moves from this event. It 's cool for them but frustrating for us.

"This time"? Try since the very beginning of the game's release bud, EA immediately segregated the community in hopes of turning the Single Player UT only community into "Whales" who will continually give them money. This is why we don't have access to daily challenges or wild card tokens.

Whilst I completely understand your frustration - and in no way am I sticking up for EA (Worst. Company. Ever.). Ultimate Team is and has always been an online/competitive based game mode. Rewards for playing single player aren't on par with online - and nor should they be.
  • Shouldn't rewards be for UT players whether single player or online?
    The reward should be for the game mode, and we should easily be able to switch between single or online seamlessly....At least in a perfect scenario
  • WaterIAm wrote: »
    Shouldn't rewards be for UT players whether single player or online?
    The reward should be for the game mode, and we should easily be able to switch between single or online seamlessly....At least in a perfect scenario

We get rewards for both. But there's absolutely no way single player rewards should be on par with online play given the difficulty gap and the fact that online is a competitive game mode. Single player isn't.
  • WaterIAm wrote: »

Yes they absolutely should, one half of the UT community should not have access to something that the other half does not. Things like daily challenges and wild card tokens should be available to both halves of the community, while other rewards should differ depending on which UT game mode is being played.
  • I'd love to get daily tokens for single player, would be great to be able to get wildcards in half the time.
  • To be fair, if they didn't keep screwing up these monthly sets there wouldn't even be an issue. Wildcards should be a luxury not a necessity to use in place of missing cards we should have already unlocked. Still can't believe this event has finished and I've got like 80 odd cards sat there.
    Still can't believe this event has finished and I've got like 80 odd cards sat there.

I have 176 tokens that I couldn't do anything with.

Didn't we used to get clean up sets after events like this in the past?
  • dafuge1 wrote: »
    ashsamuel wrote: »
    Still can't believe this event has finished and I've got like 80 odd cards sat there.

I have 176 tokens that I couldn't do anything with.

Didn't we used to get clean up sets after events like this in the past?

Yes, you used to be able to trade in unused cards/tokens for a few hundred coins
  • dafuge1
    339 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes, you used to be able to trade in unused cards/tokens for a few hundred coins

I guess the others didn't have one as there was a token exchange, which this one was badly missing.
    Post edited by dafuge1 on
    WaterIAm wrote: »

We get rewards for both. But there's absolutely no way single player rewards should be on par with online play given the difficulty gap and the fact that online is a competitive game mode. Single player isn't.

Single player rewards were just crappy packs right?

I agree the difficulty is far different, but thats no reason to hold players with low skill levels back from getting wild cards.

Use the Solo challenges to allow Single players to beat daily objectives and earn wild cards.
    Just like the Solos earn event cards.

Make the objectives tougher than online objectives.
    For example hold side ctrl in pro or legend for 2:00.
    Scale the difficulty of the ai and difficulty of the challenge to find the appropriate balance.

1 or 2 Daily tokens via Solo challenges a day is a fair ask, especially for lower skill lvl players or players who came into the game late.
    Its the only way to build their fighter inventory and move inventory which would enable them to compete online.

Events help but only when they arent broken.
    And events dont allow lower skilled Single players the ability to earn permanent perks which can greatly help your ability to compete and earn online dailys.

Sorry for the essay...lol
  • WaterIAm and Ashsamuel, I assume you are both right . In my opinion the UT is not necessarily an online mode, the goal being unlike the divisional championship to be able to build your own character thanks to the cards to collect.
    But I agree that the online mode is the main mode and represents a higher challenge than the solo mode.
    It is therefore normal that players who manage to play well in this mode are more rewarded. This is already more logical and deserving than just pay to get good fighters.

That being said, some players prefer "single-player" for simple reasons:

-A not good enough internet connection . Lags are fun for no one.

_They are beginners.

The point is that the community of player is not huge and the matchmaking can't avoid the confrotation between experimented and novice players.
    It's hard for new players to deal at the same time a better opponent with a better fighter.
    " WaterIAm" is right, "Solo mode" is a good for learning, improve and get better fighters.

That being said, I think we all agree on the fact that EA could have done better.
    Like many other players I opened bonus packs for 450 000 coins and got only an additional 101 clinch. I do not think the ratio is balanced.
    What a pity.
  • Agree with you both. Single player needs to be completely reworked for UFC4. I think it's pretty safe to say that it will stay mostly geared towards online players though and DEFINITELY pay to win.

I STILL don't understand how everybody isn't able to complete at least a couple of daily tokens a week though. Bad connection or not. You're literally choosing not to collect them.
  • HiCal79
    1 posts New member
    Why does anyone want the rewards from online UT? So they can play online opponents! So if u don't have good internet then you don't play online right? Two different modes have different rewards. It's a hard as hell I'd admit but don't see the use of acting like it's unfair when you say you don't play online.