EA Forums - Banner

Issues in UFC 3 that UFC 4 must address

KnocksYOUoutCold
430 posts Member
edited July 2020
1. First and foremost: EA UFC 4(just like every title in the series) is "supposed" to be a simulation of real life fighting, and as such the game should reflect this with heavier feeling strikes that deal more damage. This is NOT TEKKEN.

2. Knockdowns: By far one of my biggest issues with the EA UFC games is the utterly ridiculous number of knockdowns that can occur during a fight. I should not have to knockdown my opponent eight or more times during a fight before a KO can occur, as this is completely unrealistic.

3. Knockdown Animations: While I understand that some of these animations lead into certain positions for Fight finishes, these look canned and completely unrealistic as my opponent conveniently falls into the perfect pose for me to take back mount or lays flat on their back completely motionless while I step in to take side control.

4. Knock Out animations: We NEED full rag doll plain and simple, these animations are unacceptable. People do NOT fall like this when getting KO'd in real life. No one simply falls over perfectly on their side or drops to one Knee before laying face down on the canvas.

5. Sustained damage: No one should be able to take: four clean Head kicks, five Haymakers to the face or a multitude of Body shots and still be standing. I thought EA UFC games were "supposed" to be a simulation of real life fighting? How many fighters have any of you seen in real life that took that many clean significant strikes to the Head or Body and were still standing? I'm guessing none. We want simulation fighting, that means heavy hitting strIkes deal a ton of damage and One or Two clean Head Kicks ends a fight. If this can't be achieved through tuning, then at the very LEAST give us a simulation setting in the options menu(like UFC Undisputed 3 did) that allows our strikes to deal more damage but all strikes cost more stamina.

6.Stamina: there are a number of issues with this, first and foremost: If I have FULL health and FULL stamina(start of a round) I should NOT be able to be taken down and then IMMEDIATELY get submitted; especially when I wasn't hurt and I have max Submission Defense.

Second: If a fighter attempts a submission with low stamina, it should be very hard for them to be able to finish that submission depending on the defending opponent's stamina.

Third: The CPU need major stamina tuning, as they can constantly: throw strikes, go for and land takedowns, and submission attempts, all while losing very little stamina.

Fourth: Why is it that when two fighters are broken up the player controlled fighter does not immediately regen stamina, but the CPU does?

7. Takedowns: I have three major complaints:

1. Unless they have a high Wrestling pedigree, a fighter should NOT be able to go for and land a takedown IMMEDIATELY after being rocked; this attempt rarely works in real life and is almost always met by a well timed sprawl.

2. Takedowns from certain positions should NOT be guaranteed, as in a real life there is no such thing.

3. Intercept Knees should be added to UFC 4, as they are a huge deterrent for takedown spammers(this was in EA MMA so why not?)

8. Unblockable techniques: There is NOT a single unblockable strike or takedown in real life, so why is it ok to have them in a fighting game; when that game is "supposed" to mimic real life fighting? Answer: IT'S NOT OK. There should a counter for every strike and grappling/submission attempt in the game.

This is my list of current issues plaguing UFC 3 that UFC 4 NEEDS to address. I will update it if more issues come to light, but in the meantime feel free to add any other issues any of you have come across. Hopefully a community manager or someone from EA reads this and can pass it along to the right department.

Stay safe everyone😁

Replies

• All of this is excellent and makes great sense. I’m glad to see you agreed with my post on punch and fist angles. I like that someone else wants to see the technical and realistic side of the sport. Hope EA listens to some of this list!
  • lettek1000
    5 posts New member
    They don't listen to it being said here all the time and they then make a game where everything is badly unrealistic. I love UFC.
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    All of this is excellent and makes great sense. I’m glad to see you agreed with my post on punch and fist angles. I like that someone else wants to see the technical and realistic side of the sport. Hope EA listens to some of this list!

This is my biggest issue with the striking in EA UFC 3: every fighter throws strikes the EXACT Same Way. This is completely unrealistic, so much so that even Martial Mind a major YouTuber who covers UFC games made it a point to bring up the lack of veriety in the striking department during his Beta review. I really hope EA can address this before release, as UFC 4 won't be worth full price for a re-skin of UFC 3 with some grappling/submission improvements but with no varied striking animations.
  • 100% agreed. Love all of this feedback, especially regarding the knockdowns and knockouts. UFC 2 had that down, just a little more tweaking and it would have been damn near perfect. I'm hoping UFC 4 full release follows suit and just lets fighters drop, makes the game all that extra fun and sticks to EA's own motto of "feel the fight". Massively breaks immersion when you drop the opponent 4 times consecutively and they perform the exact same knockdown animation everytime and then when they are finally knocked out they just fall into the fetal position, every damn time. Looks really awkward and unnatural, game breaker.
  • Simple fix for punch variety, angle and fist position...just tune up the animations, physics and mechanics from UFC 2 and keep the regular & heavy cross and hooks along with the regular and heavy overhand hooks and uppercuts. If they can add Wanderlei’s Hooks to just him in a patch, add them to other fighters who throw lower angle hooks with neutral, palm facing fist connect. Especially should be an option for CAFs.
  • Dude everyone agrees with you. The same thing is being on thread for years and EA staff never listen. The whole beta is copy and paste from ufc 3 lol
  • EA, you should probably listen to this guy. He just fixed your entire game. The only thing Id add is no more AI gaining world class Mayweather-esqe defense after being rocked. Ive never seen a fight check a leg kick after being knocked borderline unconscious!
  • Id also like to add UFC 2 was borderline perfect! I refuse to buy 4 unless severe changes are made!
  • Totally hear you all. EA if you’re going to copy and paste, at least use UFC 2 and update rosters and animations. Add new clinch, GNP and take downs. Done.
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    MrMightyI wrote: »
    EA, you should probably listen to this guy. He just fixed your entire game. The only thing Id add is no more AI gaining world class Mayweather-esqe defense after being rocked. Ive never seen a fight check a leg kick after being knocked borderline unconscious!

Thanks bud, I wish someone would. I've only been stating the same: obvious and common sense facts for two years now, and as of yesterday across two different forums; as I've made similar complaints in the UFC 3 forum. Just how many people have to state the EXACT same issue with game before you finally listen EA? In all seriousness, hire me EA as I would be excellent as a Quality Control Rep.
  • @KnocksYOUoutCold I remember seeing your name all over the UFC 3 threads, saying the exact same things
  • MrMightyI wrote: »
    @KnocksYOUoutCold I remember seeing your name all over the UFC 3 threads, saying the exact same things

What can I say? I'm passionate about MMA games.😁 When I experience the same issues as everyone else, I have no other choice but to come on these forums and demand answers; Especially when nothing is being done to fix said issues or the devs refuse to acknowledge the fan's complaints.