EA Forums - Banner

The 1, 2 meta needs to go.

Prev1
The fact that the meta in both ufc 3 and 4 is to spam 1,2's is so boring and unrealistic....i mean how many fighters actually throw 1 2's all the time in the ufc? Not many ill tell you that.

Replies

• bubyreyes12
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2
    Ummmmm the jab, cross is the most basic and and successful combination in mixed martial arts boxing overall. Diaz brothers n Conor uses it all the time
  • Ummmmm the jab, cross is the most basic and and successful combination in mixed martial arts boxing overall. Diaz brothers n Conor uses it all the time

Show me one fight where fighters just spam the 1 2 over and over and over.....
  • Ummmmm the jab, cross is the most basic and and successful combination in mixed martial arts boxing overall. Diaz brothers n Conor uses it all the time

Show me one fight where fighters just spam the 1 2 over and over and over.....

Bro literally Diaz spams it and if you know what your doing you can counter that spam everything is counter able
  • Dude....I guessing you never been in a fight your entire life or train MMA ever have you?
  • Yeah agree. How bout Liddell, Max Holloway, O’Malley, and most every other good boxer, puncher throws 1-2. In real life they disguise or angle off it a little differently Each time, so maybe your not picking it up. As for spamming it. It is a game so anyone can spam any move right?
  • Dude....I guessing you never been in a fight your entire life or train MMA ever have you?

Oh i forgot people who play ufc games think they are pro MMA fighters lol. First of all i never said nobody ever throws 1 2's im saying nobody in real life throws 1 2's like people do in the game. 1 2 is 85% of everyone's move list now and its just super boring and unrealistic its always 1 2 1 2 or 1 2 uppercut or 1 2 hook or 1 2 body kick. In real life fighters use jabs to set stuff up waaay more than they use 1 2's. And ill give you guys nate diaz he does use 1 2 alot but because nate does it means every single fighter in the game should have a good 1 2??? No
    Second i actually did boxing for 4 years until the gym i was going to closed and i was in judo for 15 years and again please show me some footage of fighters going 1 2 back up, 1 2 back up, 1 2 back up, 12 12, 12 back up....nobody does that lol...id be happier with jabs and fients being the meta besides people spamming 1 2...every fight online between two decent players goes the exact same way and its pretty boring both playing and watching players just spam 1 2's and it started with ufc 3.
  • Understood - that’s why I don’t play online. There’s always a way to spam something or figure a way to exploit something to get an advantage. If it ain’t a 1-2 it will be something else. 4-3 or 3-4 maybe. I’ll assume you know what that those are since you did boxing for 4 years lol. 😂Just messin🤣. No need to get into a fighting credential war here..we are taking bout a game and in all reality the guy behind the words may actually be a pro fighter...or 45 year old overweight dude...you never just know do you. 🤔
  • Understood - that’s why I don’t play online. There’s always a way to spam something or figure a way to exploit something to get an advantage. If it ain’t a 1-2 it will be something else. 4-3 or 3-4 maybe. I’ll assume you know what that those are since you did boxing for 4 years lol. 😂Just messin🤣. No need to get into a fighting credential war here..we are taking bout a game and in all reality the guy behind the words may actually be a pro fighter...or 45 year old overweight dude...you never just know do you. 🤔

Thats what i was talking about is the game lol these guys all turned it into something else and i found it easier to deal with the other exploits over the 1 2 meta....its almost like they designed it to be that if you dont start off every combo with a 1 2 you will get wrecked.
  • Theres literally one counter to the 1 2 spam and it looks ridiculous and un realistic

Nate Diaz doesn't fly halfway across the cage when he spams 1 2s he barely moves in real life

Cmac doesn't spam 1 2s he a counter striker that feints to create openings and fight at range

LOL
  • Yeah agree. How bout Liddell, Max Holloway, O’Malley, and most every other good boxer, puncher throws 1-2. In real life they disguise or angle off it a little differently Each time, so maybe your not picking it up. As for spamming it. It is a game so anyone can spam any move right?

None of those names just spam 1 2s maybe chuck thats it everyone else fights extremely smart using feints distance timing and creating openings for offensive and creating mistakes on defense.
  • If you can shut down their 1-2’s they’ll have to use something else 🤷🏾‍♂️
  • All you do is flick the stick right or left to slip the jab and straight lol..you counter with your straight after you slip..its a pretty basic counter in the game man..theres no problem with it at all. If someone spams it you can get an easy wobble after you counter..come on man out of all the things you can complain about you complain about the most basic 2 button combo...smh
  • Holloway dropoed Aldo with a 1,2 pull counter
  • All you do is flick the stick right or left to slip the jab and straight lol..you counter with your straight after you slip..its a pretty basic counter in the game man..theres no problem with it at all. If someone spams it you can get an easy wobble after you counter..come on man out of all the things you can complain about you complain about the most basic 2 button combo...smh

The slip counter straight is the ugliest animation in the game.

It might be a basic concept buts definitely not easy to time i rarely see people use it.

The slip straight is THE ONLY COUNTER that works if i slip the straight and throw a hook it does nothin compared to the UGLY slip straight that hook should at least stop u from punching most likely should be a KO

Its literally the only slip counter in the game with a use and it looks so bad but whatever as long as u can smash buttons its all good right

LOL
  • doupee85 wrote: »
    All you do is flick the stick right or left to slip the jab and straight lol..you counter with your straight after you slip..its a pretty basic counter in the game man..theres no problem with it at all. If someone spams it you can get an easy wobble after you counter..come on man out of all the things you can complain about you complain about the most basic 2 button combo...smh

It might be a basic concept buts definitely not easy to time i rarely see people use it.

The slip straight is THE ONLY COUNTER that works if i slip the straight and throw a hook it does nothin compared to the UGLY slip straight that hook should at least stop u from punching most likely should be a KO

Its literally the only slip counter in the game with a use and it looks so bad but whatever as long as u can smash buttons its all good right

LOL

You seem like a casual to be honest... I told you the counter to the 1 2 spam and you change the subject to talking about the animation and that you dont see many people use it..thats an opinion ..the Fact is thats one counter.. another is an overhand with the counter hand and not only that from close range you can hit a hook to left uppercutt..and also a push kick would be effective enough...so you saying thats the only counter is a joke..go to practice mode and see for yourself because obviously you need the practice..
    All you do is flick the stick right or left to slip the jab and straight lol..you counter with your straight after you slip..its a pretty basic counter in the game man..theres no problem with it at all. If someone spams it you can get an easy wobble after you counter..come on man out of all the things you can complain about you complain about the most basic 2 button combo...smh

LOL

You seem like a casual to be honest... I told you the counter to the 1 2 spam and you change the subject to talking about the animation and that you dont see many people use it..thats an opinion ..the Fact is thats one counter.. another is an overhand with the counter hand and not only that from close range you can hit a hook to left uppercutt..and also a push kick would be effective enough...so you saying thats the only counter is a joke..go to practice mode and see for yourself because obviously you need the practice..

Lol its only counter from slips

That overhand u talk about is even worse

Why does lead uppercut hook stop a jab straight ?

The front kick is like 5 buttons

U forgot bout side steps

The 1 2s r extremely un realistic nobody flys across the cage like that maybe dillashaw but u just keep ignoring that be cuz for some reason u like the 1 2.

U called me a casual show ur not just a spammer show me ur technical mastery lol

GT Kush land 604 xbox lol
    doupee85 wrote: »

LOL

Lol its only counter from slips

That overhand u talk about is even worse

Why does lead uppercut hook stop a jab straight ?

The front kick is like 5 buttons

U forgot bout side steps

The 1 2s r extremely un realistic nobody flys across the cage like that maybe dillashaw but u just keep ignoring that be cuz for some reason u like the 1 2.

U called me a casual show ur not just a spammer show me ur technical mastery lol

GT Kush land 604 xbox lol

Excuses ..and ill add you but if I smack you around..you come back to this forum and let everyone know you lost. And how about who ever losses gifts UFC 4.
  • 4as2eu7e2rh2.jpg
    Where you at lol...fake
  • gfn79yn2hbc2.jpg
    All talk.
  • Kush Land 604 capital L my bad

u sure talk alot trash