EA Forums - Banner

Francis Ngannou 4 star grappling???

They honestly gave francis a higher grappling rating than robbert Whitaker? Francis grappling should be a 3 or 2 and half star rating. They need to start giving fighters real stats and highlight their real life weaknesses.

Replies

• Well he does do a good job defending the takedowns and clinch positions ever since the moicic loss. I do think 4 is a reach though. I would put it at 3.5 just because he has done a much better job at the defensive end of grappling
  • Good thing DC is in charge of rating now in the future. Poor Jones is going to be 1 star in everything regardless if he wins or loses next fight lol
  • Haha imagine if that was the case. I'm sure DC will take it serious though. Better him than somebody who doesn't truly know the sport
  • Definitely should be better than McGregor on the ground haha some people will be hurt by that comment but its true
  • Well he does do a good job defending the takedowns and clinch positions ever since the moicic loss. I do think 4 is a reach though. I would put it at 3.5 just because he has done a much better job at the defensive end of grappling

But when has he had to stuff takedowns or anything since stipe? He either goes against another striker or knocks out the grapplers before they have a chance to get ahold of him. The last time we seen him actually grapple was againsy stipe and he got wrecked.
  • he went against velasquez and blaydes. Both are high level wrestlers and he was able to stuff their attempts, albeit one attempt each, but in the first round fresh and finished them after as well
  • he went against velasquez and blaydes. Both are high level wrestlers and he was able to stuff their attempts, albeit one attempt each, but in the first round fresh and finished them after as well

Cains knee blew out and curtis go knocked out before he even got to try and grapple. Id say francis grappling is still a big weakness that we havent seen tested again yet.
  • Yeah I’ll give you that. But the fact that it isn’t a liability where a fighter can just go in and take him down easily should show that he isn’t that low in that department.