EA Forums - Banner

Your new CAF system is garbage.

Prev13
**** EA? Why can’t I put moves in empty slots or edit the moves and their ratings? This is entire set up is ****. How is it a custom fighter if I can’t edit any of their stats? I get not wanting that for online play but why can’t it be done for offline play? This is number one ****.

Replies

• I think that's gonna be possible once the full game comes out. I think they're still working on it.
  • I absolutely, whole heartedly agree with this post and that’s why I’ve had to cancel my preorder. The system is totally bent.

Change it.
  • @Halexos its ridiculous. UFC needs to have 2K make their games from now on.
  • Side note, we shouldn’t have to buy emotes for our offline cafs either.
  • LOL i forgot how when the match starts you have to taunt LOLOL oh my lord. UFC 4 kids only
  • LOL i forgot how when the match starts you have to taunt LOLOL oh my lord. UFC 4 kids only

press X on ps4 no taunt needed to start.
  • [quote="Marc110_98;c-2146688"][quote="NoMercyMarc;c-2146658"]LOL i forgot how when the match starts you have to taunt LOLOL oh my lord. UFC 4 kids only[/quote]

press X on ps4 no taunt needed to start.[/quote]

Yeah but why should we need to skip it even? What a total waste of development time. If you must implement that, why not when Buffer is introducing you which you can skip as in previous years.

Lazy development its that simple.
  • Better question, why can’t we set the CAFs first name or set their record yet?
  • I'm absolutely pissed because EA took out game face.
  • SklallamBear
    119 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    This game needs
    1) The ability to give a CAF a record.
    2) Way more spaces for CAFs
    3) Community sharing CAFs
    4) The ability to edit ALL fighters stats, age, and records.
    5) More name options
  • Ye completely agree. I always liked making different fighters whether real or fictional and using them in offline play with all different ratings and move sets.

I think the best way to go about it would be to have an online category on the CAF ‘fighter type’ menu that is used for playing ranked. Then everything else that we’ve had in previous games like rating and move editors be in a further category for offline and even quick match play with friends.
  • what would be amazing is if they had the community CAF where you can download other peoples CAF like in fight night champions. The community is so talented and it would be amazing to see their work get some respect
  • what would be amazing is if they had the community CAF where you can download other peoples CAF like in fight night champions. The community is so talented and it would be amazing to see their work get some respect

That’s why I think 2K should take over after this game runs its course.
  • bfield6661 wrote: »
    what would be amazing is if they had the community CAF where you can download other peoples CAF like in fight night champions. The community is so talented and it would be amazing to see their work get some respect

That’s why I think 2K should take over after this game runs its course.

Yeah to be honest. I think EA did the best it could with the funds they had, but when a game like UFC 3 Undisputed has things that you can't do in a game coming out in 2020, I think it's safe to say that it is time to give up the license to another company. Seeing all the things added, not added and/or removed really makes me wonder where this game could've went in its 4th installment.

• EA_Blueberry
    4819 posts EA Community Manager
    Thank you for raising concerns around CAF, @bfield6661. I'm passing along everyone's thoughts here to the team on how you all feel about CAF, including those additions you want to see to build on top of what's currently available.
  • Thank you for raising concerns around CAF, @bfield6661. I'm passing along everyone's thoughts here to the team on how you all feel about CAF, including those additions you want to see to build on top of what's currently available.

@EA_Blueberry thank you for your reply and effort!
  • SklallamBear
    119 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    We should be able to edit a CAF’s reach at least for offline and online can have a standard reach.
    Also more realistic hair styles would be nice and more beard styles not just Viking style
    Post edited by SklallamBear on
  • I also think a facial aging feature when creating CAF’s like wrinkles and complexion weathering
  • ngh3000
    1 posts New member
    The. CAF editing is not working either once you go back and do changes after you’ve made your fighter unless I’ve missed something 🤔