EA Forums - Banner

A lot of things removed from this game

Prev1
From striking to animations, this game has gotten rid of a lot of things. I think the one thing that disappoints me is the create a fighter. From a game that was trying to promote this side of the game with cosmetics, they got rid of how you walkout, choosing your fight trunks, and ankle support. I know for some that isn’t an issue, but I did enjoy having the jon jones walkout and coming in with the cartwheel to cage grab. They also removed the option of making a create a fighter with any stat. I get that it was OP in online fights, but I usually used it to play offline with friends and create storylines in event mode. Also not being able to choose the specific outfit for either UFC, Kumite and backyard is especially disappointing. I was hoping that in this game we were able to get more creative in appearances for not only real fighters but Create a fighters. Just disappointing

Replies

• YoungNewport95
    84 posts Member
    edited August 12
    AgreeD. All the way down to the ankle wraps. I don’t get why those were removed. I don’t get why the short selection was removed. They even removed GSP’s legacy kit when he’s coming out. The Gi and headband. Smh. I was also really looking forward to editing both CAF’s and active UFC fighters gears for all of the modes, Kumite, backyard, and even the normal fights tbh. It would be nice to be able to edit active guys fight kits. Short styles, shorts colors, ankle wraps the same way you would a CAF.
    Post edited by YoungNewport95 on
  • I can't speak English, so I use automatic translation. I'm sorry.
    I fully agree with you. The greatest fun of this game was playing with the created fighters. I like offline and not so much online. sad.
  • Even though I wasn’t a fan of the cosmetics, I liked the idea of just being able to choose all those things, but it was very underwhelming. Seemed like EA just kinda went half in on the last game in their contract.
  • Perhaps for more space for updates?
  • Perhaps for more space for updates?

I hope so. It just feels like it wasn’t that much of a thing to remove out of the game. No issues came out of choosing fight trunks colors and ankle wraps, at least not any that I’ve heard of.

• i think for all offline modes this can be patched.

For unranked and ranked it will stay the sane.
  • Tag one of the devs man. That’s the best way to get anything seen or heard. They’ve actually been responding to people, and working with the community a lot pre launch. So maybe they’ll look into some of it.
  • @EA_Blueberry I'm sure there are reasons as to why these things didn't happen, but is there anyway you can relay this to the devs. At least where we can make an offline CAF with any stats and emotes and things like that. also being able to change the fight trunks color
  • @EA_Blueberry if you can’t make the emotes free for offline CAFs, can you at least make them a little less expensive?
  • EA_Blueberry
    3079 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Blueberry I'm sure there are reasons as to why these things didn't happen, but is there anyway you can relay this to the devs. At least where we can make an offline CAF with any stats and emotes and things like that. also being able to change the fight trunks color

Will pass this along, thanks.

Keep the discussion going. Any features you want to see added into the game, submit them here. I can't promise anything, but it's important we hear what features fans want the most so the team knows what direction to go in for post launch updates. Dropping a list is fine, but if you're able to add details on why exactly each feature is so important to you in this game, a story behind it resonates well with developers.
  • What is happening with Game Face are you putting this feature back into UFC4. It the best part of playing the career mode. A lot of the fans have the same opinion. Would love if this could be put back in to UFC4. As only would have to use same Game face system as UFC3. 🤞👊🏻
  • Theflores95
    31 posts Member
    edited August 13
    @EA_Blueberry thanks. You are the man

1. Choose fight trunks, and compressor color ( ex. Max Holloway having red compressors with silver fight trunks in Holloway v Volkanovski 2
    2. Offline CAF can have any stats, perk,emote, cosmetics etc. since it’s offline and won’t affect anybody’s online experience, we should have some fun with the new cosmetics by being able to make OP CAF when you play with friends at home.
    3. Walkout options for CAF. Like the personality option in UFC 3.
    4. Being able to customize real fighters and CAF fighters fight gear for UFC, Kumite, and Backyard venues.
    5. Ankle wraps would be cool to have back and choosing a color for that.
    6. This one is kind of a stretch since I do not think it will be possible in this installment, but a download mode like in Fight Night Champions to download other people’s CAF would be a great addition. One of the coolest things about fight night was that talented players would create a good resemblance of a character in CAF, and being able to download and play with it was always a fun thing to do and recreate fights.

These things made the game a lot more fun to create events and simulate fights. Like for me, I would have tournaments with my friends offline, and the current champion would have their CAF wear the champions trunks until somebody beat them. These customization options would just make the game so fun, being able to change fighters gear, ( like Jon Jones switching from trunks to the Muay Thai trunks ). It makes the experience a lot more personal and fun just seeing the fight gear you can make for the fighters And CAF in different venues.

Thanks for hearing us out. If anybody wants to add anything, feel free.
  • YoungNewport95
    84 posts Member
    edited August 14
    @EA_Blueberry thanks. You are the man

1. Choose fight trunks, and compressor color ( ex. Max Holloway having red compressors with silver fight trunks in Holloway v Volkanovski 2
    2. Offline CAF can have any stats, perk,emote, cosmetics etc. since it’s offline and won’t affect anybody’s online experience, we should have some fun with the new cosmetics by being able to make OP CAF when you play with friends at home.
    3. Walkout options for CAF. Like the personality option in UFC 3.
    4. Being able to customize real fighters and CAF fighters fight gear for UFC, Kumite, and Backyard venues.
    5. Ankle wraps would be cool to have back and choosing a color for that.
    6. This one is kind of a stretch since I do not think it will be possible in this installment, but a download mode like in Fight Night Champions to download other people’s CAF would be a great addition. One of the coolest things about fight night was that talented players would create a good resemblance of a character in CAF, and being able to download and play with it was always a fun thing to do and recreate fights.

These things made the game a lot more fun to create events and simulate fights. Like for me, I would have tournaments with my friends offline, and the current champion would have their CAF wear the champions trunks until somebody beat them. These customization options would just make the game so fun, being able to change fighters gear, ( like Jon Jones switching from trunks to the Muay Thai trunks ). It makes the experience a lot more personal and fun just seeing the fight gear you can make for the fighters And CAF in different venues.

Thanks for hearing us out. If anybody wants to add anything, feel free.

I really appreciate you @EA_Blueberry working with people like us on this, and encouraging more discussion. It makes me feel super hopeful about the game. I don’t have much to add to this as I think the OP did a pretty thorough job. But, I will second the idea of an offline customize fighter option so we could edit current fighters on the roster’s fight gear, If that’s possible to do it would be sick. Also, I’m with the OP on bringing back the ankle wraps. Definitely need those back for when I make my Kickboxers. Haha. Thanks again!
    Post edited by YoungNewport95 on
  • LAV_1008
    3 posts New member
    The ankle wraps are a must have! I like everything else though!
  • EA really needs to clean up this mess they created...Let’s start with getting rid of all the cheesy fortnite stuff and adding more realistic attire and hair styles including facial hair then adding back every single UFC 3 feature that you guys removed
  • Carthew91
    1 posts New member
    > @Theflores95 said:
    > @EA_Blueberry thanks. You are the man
    >
    > 1. Choose fight trunks, and compressor color ( ex. Max Holloway having red compressors with silver fight trunks in Holloway v Volkanovski 2
    > 2. Offline CAF can have any stats, perk,emote, cosmetics etc. since it’s offline and won’t affect anybody’s online experience, we should have some fun with the new cosmetics by being able to make OP CAF when you play with friends at home.
    > 3. Walkout options for CAF. Like the personality option in UFC 3.
    > 4. Being able to customize real fighters and CAF fighters fight gear for UFC, Kumite, and Backyard venues.
    > 5. Ankle wraps would be cool to have back and choosing a color for that.
    > 6. This one is kind of a stretch since I do not think it will be possible in this installment, but a download mode like in Fight Night Champions to download other people’s CAF would be a great addition. One of the coolest things about fight night was that talented players would create a good resemblance of a character in CAF, and being able to download and play with it was always a fun thing to do and recreate fights.
    >
    > These things made the game a lot more fun to create events and simulate fights. Like for me, I would have tournaments with my friends offline, and the current champion would have their CAF wear the champions trunks until somebody beat them. These customization options would just make the game so fun, being able to change fighters gear, ( like Jon Jones switching from trunks to the Muay Thai trunks ). It makes the experience a lot more personal and fun just seeing the fight gear you can make for the fighters And CAF in different venues.
    >
    > Thanks for hearing us out. If anybody wants to add anything, feel free.

https://forums.ea.com/en/ufc/profile/EA_Blueberry
    I also strongly agree with the above, id like to be able to edit my moveset and stats for my Offline CAF. Id also like the return of ground and pound elbows from full guard, half guard and full mount ( Jon Jones style ) they were in EA UFC 3 so it makes no sense they were removed???
  • how about forget all that shorts and hair stuff fix gameplay and add positions, pride and things to make the game fun like thq did!!! it could have been a great game!!! i say that because i dont believe EA will add anything that will make it so mma fans really injoy it???
  • Please add back trunks color selection pre fight for fight now and create event.Also add the tale of the tape screenshot used in career where it has the belt on the champs shoulder for fight now and create event championship fights. Would add alot to presentation.
  • > @peace401 said:
    > how about forget all that shorts and hair stuff fix gameplay and add positions, pride and things to make the game fun like thq did!!! it could have been a great game!!! i say that because i dont believe EA will add anything that will make it so mma fans really injoy it???

No we want the pre fight shorts option that was already in ufc 3 [email protected] something many want.
  • I think what ea did was they wiped there data for ufc. Then lockdown come and they thought okay ufc 4 made it in three weeks.

Compete garbage of a game lmao