EA Forums - Banner

Patch spoilers

Replies

• Ea cmon, add elbow on ground position.. and strong body Punch
  • Gameplay was a little better for me after the update. I would like to see some CAF updates in the next patch. CAF move edits, more colors for UFC gear and additional items such as hand wraps, boxing gloves, shin guards and ankle wraps is a big need for me.

Thank you for the support. We'll have more to come with official patch notes soon.

No plans to stop any updates so keep the conversation going on what you want to see added or changed in the game. We'll keep sending it their way so they can digest it for future updates.

@EA_Blueberry I’ll give you $100 if the CAF system fix comes in the next update.
  • Yall need to fix the submissions in the game. Takes literally no skill at all to submit someone. Most people in top 100 can't even strike and rush toward the first cheap submission they can get.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4129 posts EA Community Manager
    archy330 wrote: »
    Yall need to fix the submissions in the game. Takes literally no skill at all to submit someone. Most people in top 100 can't even strike and rush toward the first cheap submission they can get.

How would you change the submission game then?
  • archy330 wrote: »
    Yall need to fix the submissions in the game. Takes literally no skill at all to submit someone. Most people in top 100 can't even strike and rush toward the first cheap submission they can get.

How would you change the submission game then?

The way I see it, the submission system from UFC 3 was pretty satisfying. It has a perfect balance between skill and stamina available. The old system made much more possible a fighter with more stamina wast the chance to finish by making a mistake. Also, it made a really good job not allowing the button smashing players to win the mini game..
  • 40q6zigg8czm.jpg

How did I loose this? What a joke!
  • can we get a roster update? in the past 3 ufc main events 3 of the fighters participating are not in the game.
  • Fix clinch spam.
  • Well done for removing ads from the game, but it would be better to fix errors, bugs, spam and, in general, the whole gameplay that is out of balance so quickly
  • hahahablya
    81 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    n3ghpy8kunqd.gif
    pfjw7wez453y.gif

Add the spinning elbow from the clinch.
    Post edited by hahahablya on
  • These are the teasers of Diaz,Anderson Silva, McGregor in tournament mode and event creation mode . If they don't open a tournament or event . Fix.folnbp8bjqh8.jpg
    vcli5gno0lsm.jpg
    p83wj7d0qoah.jpg
    gr8ae4voegzd.jpg
    aod8kckb08xl.jpg
    tjoccggtz68g.jpg
    2engr96vj0f6.jpg
    m8hz5yy01h0y.jpg
    5lmkdxes5faj.jpg
    1xkimoro25l7.jpg
    caqn0yogbeg2.jpg
  • Why was this takedown removed ??? Bring it back!!!vgclpxfuec7o.gif
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > How would you change the submission game then?

It's literally overpowered and too difficult to stop but yet extremely easy to get into and finish fights. When compared to UFC 3, in order to submit someone online you actually needed some skill in the submission system, while not needing to be experienced to get out. In UFC 4 it's too easy for a minimum skill player to get a submission win.

Why is it so easy? The blue or red submission areas are too big and the penalty for erratic movement is too costly and is an overall irrational feature if you actually want someone to be able to defend submissions. You have to be moving the submission areas extremely slow in order to avoid the erratic movement penalty. Much slower than you need to in order to escape a submission from a beginner player.

The game isn't complete trash but there's many areas the need work before it will feel like online play is fair and competitive. Gamers really enjoy freedom, control and customizability. There's a lot less of all the in UFC 4 compared to UFC 3. In UFC 3's Ultimate Team you could pick which fighter you could use and which moves to use with that fighter. In OWC you can't pick which weight class you fight in, if I turned on the game hoping to play a ranked match with my favorite fighter, I most likely won't be able to... In UFC 3's Ultimate Team I enjoyed matching the perfect jab with the perfect straight, kick ect. until I had the perfect moveset for my play style. There's really no way to do this other than in career mode, we'd like to be able to test out against actual real players.

I wish there was a progressive game mode where you could customize which strikes/takedowns your fighter uses. The strikes/takedowns are leveled up through use like in career mode but you are able to play online with others. Have championship fights where move experiance is accelerated and gym training sessions against online friends where move experiance is decelerated.

Things you guys did better in this game:
    Clinch is more realistic (needs work)
    No Pay To Win
    Broader ranked of Ranked opponents
    Blocking while swaying

Yall just have some balance issues between Ground&Pound, Subs and general striking that need fixed. And people want to play the game how they want to play it. We want to fight in the weight class we want, with the fighter we want, with the moves we picked. That honestly isn't a lot to ask for. Seems like yall are trying to fix it, good luck.
  • hahahablya wrote: »
    Why was this takedown removed ??? Bring it back!!!vgclpxfuec7o.gif

Maybe because Dan "The Beast" Severn nearly killed that guy?😂
  • BWrizzle
    80 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    After much playing and thought my final conclusion is UFC 3 was just a better game. I don’t have any answers how to fix what is wrong with it and really I do like some of the changes. The GnP system in this game is pretty much the whole problem. Game would be fine with all changes implemented except leaving the GnP as it was in UFC 3. This new system, faster, slower, more/less damage, doesn’t matter. It’s just bad.
  • I waited for ufc4 - 1.5 years, bought it as soon as it came out, hoped that there would be something new, interesting with new graphics with improved gameplay and a lot of different new fighters and new network tournaments, in the end I got discouraged and upset .. that I got a terrible unbalanced game with old graphics and crooked gameplay! I play ufc 3 ..
  • We need to be able to change the color of the shorts. Not being able to diminishes the player vs player experience.
  • Any word on a timeframe for the next patch @EA_Blueberry ?
  • hahahablya wrote: »
    Why was this takedown removed ??? Bring it back!!!vgclpxfuec7o.gif

It's still in the game but off a weird scramble back take. I shot with Colby and usman gave up his back which ended with me giving him the german. I just don't have a clue how I did and when I posted in training to see if maybe the developers could share insight I got nothing. Maybe because they ignore these fourms.
  • But if you posture in guard you still cant transition to half guard