EA Forums - Banner

Why wont you fix this game?

Congratulations on launching the most frustrating, control smashing inducing game ever created. I just got beaten by a CAF kickboxer after winning 2 and a half rounds of the fight by absolutely smashing his body and head. I had double his stamina and he locks in an armbar with zero stamina (mine is full). There was literally no way out. There seems to be no advantage of 'keepingthe fight standing' whatsoever.

451r9y1rhjpe.jpg

Replies

• That's a feature bro. It's realistic judging.
  • Honestly feels like the game has just been amplified for peoole that enjoy grappling and have taken everything away from the striking part of the game. It's entirely about clinching and wrestling now. Everything i hated about UFC 3 is all this game is, waited so long for this game and really just don't want to play it anymore
  • I disagree man. I've been tearing people up online as Nick Diaz just using the good stand up pressure he has. He's also extremely underrated in this game. Denying takedowns are pretty easy to do. There is a Stand and Bang mode though if you don't want to do the ground game.
  • I disagree man. I've been tearing people up online as Nick Diaz just using the good stand up pressure he has. He's also extremely underrated in this game. Denying takedowns are pretty easy to do. There is a Stand and Bang mode though if you don't want to do the ground game.

Nah, its not easy at all. I take it you havent faced many competent grapplers. The game should be balanced and not one sided, the joint submission mini game is so blatantly one sided, its ridiculous. There should be a clinch denial, a way to escape gnp mode without having to guess strikes, if I have beaten someone to a pulp on the feet then their grappling skills should also be compromised. You're just a person that doesn't get it and probably never competed at a high level in UFC 3.

Nah, its not easy at all. I take it you havent faced many competent grapplers. The game should be balanced and not one sided, the joint submission mini game is so blatantly one sided, its ridiculous. There should be a clinch denial, a way to escape gnp mode without having to guess strikes, if I have beaten someone to a pulp on the feet then their grappling skills should also be compromised. You're just a person that doesn't get it and probably never competed at a high level in UFC 3.

I have fought people of all skill levels. Right at the moment I'm sitting at division 15 on Owc, but I tend to mostly play quick match so I can choose the weight class that I want. So please, don't tell me what I get and don't get. You're the one complaining about a system the game has, not me. I would just like to start a conversation to try to help you.

Now with that being said, takedown defense works differently in this game than it does in 3. Once you are being taken down there are different directions your opponent can dump in. When you see an animation that shows the direction you are being dumped you have to flick the left thumbstick in the corresponding direction to stop it. Especially if you are late with your denial.

This video below does a very good job at explaining how defense works. This should help you a lot with being able to stop people taking you down so easily. The game itself doesn't do a very good job at explaining and teaching people how it all works.

• @D1g17al_N0m4d i agree, the game isn’t able to adapt to what has transpired in the fight. You clearly were beating this guy, just understand if you get over zealous and don’t back off periodically the game seems to punish ppl for that.

@BagginBrooks realistic judging?? It was a submission victory???

And Digital is right, there needs to be an escape to GnP mode without having to guess and then in real time alternate the post from side to side.

Understand this folks, I don’t know a single person, and I’ve been in practice lobby’s with the T4H and EK guys plenty, who can actually string together a defense combination that uses the post as well as the head movement when on the bottom getting GnP’d. It’s almost impossible, how are you going to possibly string together Posts (hook blocks) alternate the hands used to Post, and then also move your head in synchronization to avoid the straight punches. Completely silly to ever think this is the way to defend on the ground. It just isn’t a tenable defense method.

And thanks for mentioning stand and bang mode, but that’s not helpful here. Some of us would like to play the MMA game as we purchased it, to fight in an MMA match with a somewhat balanced system. Strikers can be the meta if they spam the easy quick combos but the wrestlers quickly become the Meta as soon as they posture up. To avoid the takedown involves like 3 inputs all of which can be canceled if you don’t input the triggers at the same time and then if you don’t flick the stick in the direction of the drive. Things became just a bit to intricate, inputs are very easily jumbled or missed entirely by similar inputs, nothing really works right 100% of the time.

How many of you are accidentally throwing lead overhands when trying to clinch someone?

How many of you are accidentally throwing body shots when you want a takedown shot? Or how many are getting unwanted takedown shots when you actually want quick punches to the body??

I’m so disappointed with this game. I was in such anticipation for it as we only get a new one every 3-4 years. And it feels really dissatisfying.
  • mp2232 wrote: »
    @D1g17al_N0m4d i agree, the game isn’t able to adapt to what has transpired in the fight. You clearly were beating this guy, just understand if you get over zealous and don’t back off periodically the game seems to punish ppl for that.

@BagginBrooks realistic judging?? It was a submission victory???

And Digital is right, there needs to be an escape to GnP mode without having to guess and then in real time alternate the post from side to side.

Understand this folks, I don’t know a single person, and I’ve been in practice lobby’s with the T4H and EK guys plenty, who can actually string together a defense combination that uses the post as well as the head movement when on the bottom getting GnP’d. It’s almost impossible, how are you going to possibly string together Posts (hook blocks) alternate the hands used to Post, and then also move your head in synchronization to avoid the straight punches. Completely silly to ever think this is the way to defend on the ground. It just isn’t a tenable defense method.

And thanks for mentioning stand and bang mode, but that’s not helpful here. Some of us would like to play the MMA game as we purchased it, to fight in an MMA match with a somewhat balanced system. Strikers can be the meta if they spam the easy quick combos but the wrestlers quickly become the Meta as soon as they posture up. To avoid the takedown involves like 3 inputs all of which can be canceled if you don’t input the triggers at the same time and then if you don’t flick the stick in the direction of the drive. Things became just a bit to intricate, inputs are very easily jumbled or missed entirely by similar inputs, nothing really works right 100% of the time.

How many of you are accidentally throwing lead overhands when trying to clinch someone?

How many of you are accidentally throwing body shots when you want a takedown shot? Or how many are getting unwanted takedown shots when you actually want quick punches to the body??

I’m so disappointed with this game. I was in such anticipation for it as we only get a new one every 3-4 years. And it feels really dissatisfying.

And so it was a sub, my mistake. I've just seen a lot of decision bugs so I assumed that's what it was on the picture. My mistake, I should of read. Was just saying that for the laughs though.

Now I do agree the gnp defense needs to be adjusted so that you can seamlessly switch between the sway and post, but at the same time, it's pretty easy to deny a posture up attempt. The only time the intense gnp happens is when you get knocked down and you opponent jumps on you. However, there is an upkick you can do to prevent that too unless your character is really out of it, but at that point the gnp should be intense and hard to defend.

I however have not been throwing accidental overhands and body shots when trying to clinch or takedown, I can see how it would be easy to do so. I just never struggle with that personally.

I mention stand and bang because it seems like a lot of people get mad that they get taken down, but that's part of the game and it's not difficult to deny.
  • Well I guess since your here for the laughs it’s better to just focus on what we agree on.

GnP defense as it relates to seamlessness of post/sway needs work.

All I’m saying is the clinch attempt LB+lead hand is the same input for a modified lead hand punch.

And the single leg attempt is the same input as a body punch

Single leg high is the same input as a body punch as well.

RT on the bottom is used for 2 things. To block, and to pull the head down and control posture.

• I'm not just here for laughs, I'm also here to give tips as well. I'm not the best at the game, but I can hold my own.

Gnp sway/post indeed needs work. Judging from the patch spoilers it seems like they are working on that.

Yeah, I understand a lot of actions require the same button combination so I certainly see why people input wrong when in the heat of the moment. To me that isn't too big of a deal though. You hold it for one action and tap it for another. Just gotta get that built into muscle memory and not panic when in a fight. I love how the clinch is more seemless in this game.
    Where this will throw people off is the ridiculous input lag that comes with the p2p connections.

I really wish EA would switch to dedicated servers. That's my biggest gripe with the game. This p2p latency issue has been a plague on all 4 games.
    Well I guess since your here for the laughs it’s better to just focus on what we agree on.

All I’m saying is the clinch attempt LB+lead hand is the same input for a modified lead hand punch.

RT on the bottom is used for 2 things. To block, and to pull the head down and control posture.

You have the exact same issues as I do with this game, thanks for articulating it better. I made my post while angry lol I agree with everything you have said and honestly, what you have said shows me how much you have played UFC 3 like me.

I constantly throw things I'm not meant to because UFC 3 button map is hardwired into my brain, I am still pressing RT + down to stop takedowns as its just something I used to do in an instant. I believe you are hitting these wrong button combinations because of that in the same way that I do. That's what I meant by this guy doesnt get it, I dont really see a need for the intricate button map. They could've kept the controls much the same while implementing the new systems.

Alot of the UFC 4 controls don't make sense to me as there's no reason to force players to switch across controls so often to do minor things, I was involved in alot of the requests for game changes in UFC 3 that eventually made the game awesome but I remember it being bad at launch as well. Anyway, my point is that I am just as sorely disappointed with not only the entire new system but with how much the roster is lacking as well. There were rumours of a complete roster on launch for a long time, the whole thing feels rushed to me and as though they released a game that wasn't ready to meet deadlines.
  • BagginBrooks
    45 posts Member
    edited September 1
    mp2232 wrote: »
    Well I guess since your here for the laughs it’s better to just focus on what we agree on.

You have the exact same issues as I do with this game, thanks for articulating it better. I made my post while angry lol I agree with everything you have said and honestly, what you have said shows me how much you have played UFC 3 like me.

I constantly throw things I'm not meant to because UFC 3 button map is hardwired into my brain, I am still pressing RT + down to stop takedowns as its just something I used to do in an instant. I believe you are hitting these wrong button combinations because of that in the same way that I do. That's what I meant by this guy doesnt get it, I dont really see a need for the intricate button map. They could've kept the controls much the same while implementing the new systems.

Alot of the UFC 4 controls don't make sense to me as there's no reason to force players to switch across controls so often to do minor things, I was involved in alot of the requests for game changes in UFC 3 that eventually made the game awesome but I remember it being bad at launch as well. Anyway, my point is that I am just as sorely disappointed with not only the entire new system but with how much the roster is lacking as well. There were rumours of a complete roster on launch for a long time, the whole thing feels rushed to me and as though they released a game that wasn't ready to meet deadlines.

Gonna have to adapt friend. Don't know what else to tell you. I played a ton of 3 as well, though I hated how pay to win that ultimate team was and how unbalanced the cafs were. I also switch to other video games frequently so I can get used to controls pretty easily.

So I guess from a standpoint of not being able to adapt to a new system. No I don't get it, it comes easy for me. If you have any questions or tips about getting used to it just ask and I'll try my best to help you out.

Gonna have to adapt friend. Don't know what else to tell you. I played a ton of 3 as well, though I hated how pay to win that ultimate team was and how unbalanced the cafs were. I also switch to other video games frequently so I can get used to controls pretty easily.

So I guess from a standpoint of not being able to adapt to a new system. No I don't get it, it comes easy for me. If you have any questions or tips about getting used to it just ask and I'll try my best to help you out.

You are missing the point completely, stop wasting my time with your condescending garbage. You're clearly on another tangent entirely in this conversation. Our issues are not with the controls.
  • BagginBrooks
    45 posts Member
    edited September 3
    You are missing the point completely, stop wasting my time with your condescending garbage. You're clearly on another tangent entirely in this conversation. Our issues are not with the controls.

I'm not missing any points. I'm just not agreeing with you lol. I'm sorry if you took what I was saying as being condescending, I was just trying to help. At this point though it just seems as though you came onto the forums just to complain because you lost, in other words this is originally a rage post. If you have no desire to become better with the systems in place or take advice then all you had to do was say so.

Good day.
  • This guy baggins is disagreeing with every one who complains he is 13-1 nube city dont listen to him look at his comments and you will see
  • bagg boy baggins has more complaints than any one but disagrees with every one else with a problem its a love hate thing i guess