EA Forums - Banner

In What Patch Can We Expect to see Rag doll Animations?

KnocksYOUoutCold
430 posts Member
edited August 2020
Anyone else tired of seeing the same two KO animations play out over and over again? We are two patches in EA and yet for some odd reason, THE most requested feature that has been complained about since the beta(Rag doll animations) has yet to implemented; why is That?

I for one am sick and tired of restarting matches in Career Mode over and over again in an attempt to get an acceptable looking KO. We need full rag doll animations, this is a FACT, and the lack of variety when it comes to the KO animations is quickly killing my enthusiasm for this game.

Here's a quick tip EA: if your KO animations in a fighting game are terrible, don't expect the player base to want to continue playing; especially when improvements to that feature have been highly requested since day ONE.

I've now almost completed my second Career Mode run through, and I'm finding it difficult to want to play through a third; due to the severe lack of enjoyable and realistic KO animations.

One would think that after the wildly successful implementation of Rag doll animations in UFC 2, making it arguably the best in the series due in large part because of that feature; that UFC 3 and now UFC 4 would have expanded upon the KO animations by adding even more of them and making them even more brutal looking and feeling.

While it is certainly true that the KO animations in UFC 4 do look brutal, that fact remains that their are less than a handful of them in the game; and what few animations there are don't look even remotely realistic or even Physics based. Sadly these are not enjoyable or satisfying to watch.

I know one thing for certain EA: If you don't improve the KO animations within the next patch or two, as well as implement other highly requested features; you can fully expect players to start moving on to other games with more visceral and satisfying combat.

In case I haven't hit the Nail on the Head hard enough, allow me to give one last piece of advice as an MMA enthusiast and practitioner:

The KO animations in fighting games are the very foundation upon which that genré of games are built, and if those animations are either: boring, repetitive, lacking in variety, or fail to look and feel brutal, then you can most certainly expect to see a steep decline in the player base if those animations are not improved.

I want UFC 4 to be a massive success, but that can't happen if the KO animations aren't improved this is a FACT; so please EA give us the Rag doll Animations we've all been waiting for.🙏🏻

Replies

• I think the answer to your question is "never". Patches are going to be fixes and maybe a few very easy to implement additions. If they renew ufc license they might be interested in keeping a player base. Otherwise it's just bare minimum maintenance mode
  • robbocroft wrote: »
    I think the answer to your question is "never". Patches are going to be fixes and maybe a few very easy to implement additions. If they renew ufc license they might be interested in keeping a player base. Otherwise it's just bare minimum maintenance mode

Damn lol

• robbocroft wrote: »
    I think the answer to your question is "never". Patches are going to be fixes and maybe a few very easy to implement additions. If they renew ufc license they might be interested in keeping a player base. Otherwise it's just bare minimum maintenance mode

Never say never, EA implemented a number.
    of highly requested changes to UFC 3 after its official release due to all of the backlash; which proves that EA is more than capable of adding major changes and improvements to a game after its been released.
  • @KnocksYOUoutCold

Never say never, EA implemented a number.
    of highly requested changes to UFC 3 after its official release due to all of the backlash; which proves that EA is more than capable of adding major changes and improvements to a game after its been released.[/quote]

I wanna agree with you, but EA knows they let us down with this one, and knew who there player base was. The contract is over and they have to know we wont be buying a 5 (if there is one). They played a money grab that isnt panning out, so Im sure they are just taking the L, and washing their hands of this whole thing.
  • EA , please ! add real tko , tko on game are false and random written its the same animation . Add it and referee ai to stop SUBMISSION punch on the ground and pounbd finish the fight looks like wwe , please 2020 we expect more than this , you just traped people day one to steal their money. OMG

People want new things , feeling more and more realistic game
  • Animations are the least of problems on this terd of a game
  • ^^ Exactly. For example forcing players to use fixed archetypes for you CAF playing OFFLINE modes.
  • wassym31 wrote: »
    EA , please ! add real tko , tko on game are false and random written its the same animation . Add it and referee ai to stop SUBMISSION punch on the ground and pounbd finish the fight looks like wwe , please 2020 we expect more than this , you just traped people day one to steal their money. OMG

People want new things , feeling more and more realistic game

Yeah the TKO stoppages and animations are the same from EA MMA