EA Forums - Banner

Advanced Takedown Defense Tutorial

Prev1
EA_Blueberry
4403 posts EA Community Manager
Shout to to @BagginBrooks for sharing this video from this discussion.

Replies

• Try on legendary in offline no way realistic i masterd take down defense in practice and in actual fight i am at 10% i was 110% on every other game and there is no way i can improve through practice even with take down DRILLS if there were any. this seems permanent no way to fix this with patch.No need to respond i deleted this game for many reasons i just thought you should no
  • Champ__7 wrote: »
    Try on legendary in offline no way realistic i masterd take down defense in practice and in actual fight i am at 10% i was 110% on every other game and there is no way i can improve through practice even with take down DRILLS if there were any. this seems permanent no way to fix this with patch.No need to respond i deleted this game for many reasons i just thought you should no

You said no need to reply, but I'm going to anyway. I do play on legendary. I'm around 13-1 on the difficulty. My only loss was a flash ko from an uppercut when I when for a body hook.

You just gotta watch for the animations and react accordingly. Sorry you deleted the game, but practuce does make perfect.

Good luck.
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    No way
    Post edited by Champ__7 on
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Lol lol lol
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Be nice
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Wow lol
    13-2 now you lost this one practice makes perfect dont forget

Sorry bud, didn't mean to strike a nerve. Spamming me is not a strong debate tactic.

Anyway, You just gotta learn how the subs work. In a joint submission it helps to hold down both the triggers then seesaw them back and forth from there. Be sure to watch your stamina. With practice you'll get the hang of it.

Good luck 👍
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I like your sass
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    You are a good boy
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    You are so smart
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    i told you do not reply
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Wow you are cool
    well harassment did not go your way today kid after reading all your rude disagreements you went 0-10 had your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ handed to you try again tomorrow with some other kids leave the grow folk stuff to us mr nube 13-1 i rite this for every one who does not need your opinion and has been treated like an idiot by you the idiot i deleted this game and i am done schooling someone who clearly does not know crap i hope its lesson learned kid

Good sir, the community does not need your ignorant toxicity in it anyway. I tried to help and you got triggered, it is what it is.

Like I said, spamming me is not a very strong debate tactic, especially when you do it with extremely poor grammar.
    If you disagree with me about something then lets talk about it. Instead you just harass and spam me with poorly written dialog. It looks poorly on you maturity wise.

Unless you want to start up an actual dialog with me then I'll be ignoring you from now on because all you are doing here is trying to troll.

Good luck to you.
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    If this was a spelling B you win i however am a real man with real muscles who needs grammar? I was talking about take down defense and you wanted to brag about your 13-1 record and be condescending after i ask for no response you then did this to 10 more people i disagreed with no one and just responded sorry the game was bad you say nothing but basic tutorial stuff then again you are only 13-1 after you got schooled by everyone you took it out on me after EA robbed me not cool you say you wanted to help and say nothing about what i posted just condescending spamm sorry for grammar in advance seriously god bless you have a good day bro
  • BagginBrooks
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Champ__7 wrote: »
    If this was a spelling B you win i however am a real man with real muscles who needs grammar? I was talking about take down defense and you wanted to brag about your 13-1 record and be condescending after i ask for no response you then did this to 10 more people i disagreed with no one and just responded sorry the game was bad you say nothing but basic tutorial stuff then again you are only 13-1 after you got schooled by everyone you took it out on me after EA robbed me not cool you say you wanted to help and say nothing about what i posted just condescending spamm sorry for grammar in advance seriously god bless you have a good day bro

Alright, it seems like you're trying to have a conversation. I'll try'll to piece this all together and unpack as well as respond to what you have said here.

First of all, you were complaining of takedown defense. So I told you to watch for the animations. The video above explains how to defend it. I'm telling you basic information because defending takedowns is a basic part of the game.

You said try on legendary, so I told you that I do play on legendary and gave you my record that I had at that point in time. I was not bragging about it. Sure, you can ask for no response, but I can see your frustration you have with not being able to defend takedowns and properly defend against submissions or at the very least, have an understanding as to why you got submitted. So I want to get to the root of it to try and help. You see this as being condescending, but it's not at all. I'm just trying to help you understand. I would like as many people as possible at all skill levels to enjoy this game.

Now, I'm trying to figure out who schooled me, I can't see anyone who "schooled" me and I believe you have a huge misunderstanding of what the slang term "schooled" actually means.

Also, I see you're trying to take a dig at me by saying "you're a real man with muscles", but you in no way present yourself as man, but a child. It's ok if you have improper grammer, but don't expect to not get called out on it if you're going to spam all if my own personal complaints I have with the game.
  • Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    takedown defense is buggy thats what the firs pach was for it did not fix it. joint sub defense after 3rd even with full stam are very ineffective. caf fighters are already made for you and all lack. offline is not.fun watching for animations is effective to a point but ultimately ineffective with all variables at play. winning is easy but not fun most people feel this way. basic advice does not help people who have experience it is intended to belittle your comments were taken this way by many. you talk about how stupid i am but have no real helpful advice. character assassination is not cool i hope my grammar was not to offensive god bless you brother.
    take down defense is buggy thats what the firs pach was for it did not fix it joint sub defense after 3rd even with full stam are very ineffective caf fighters are already made for you and all lack offline is not fun watching for animations is effective to a point but ultimately ineffective with all variables at play winning is easy but not fun most people feel this way basic advice does not help people who have experience it is intended to belittle your comments were taken this way by many you talk about how stupid i am but have no real helpful advice character assassination is not cool i hope my grammar was not to offensive god bless you brother

Well, sorry I couldn't help. I'll be honest, it's hard trying to figure out a lot of what you're saying here. I do agree however, that character assassination is not cool. Hopefully you won't try to do that in the future. Take care and good luck to you.
  • Again nothing productive to say just more insults take care brother
  • This has become more about grammar than ufc 4 i feel like my grade school teacher is mad at me.
  • BagginBrooks
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Champ__7 wrote: »
    This has become more about grammar than ufc 4 i feel like my grade school teacher is mad at me.

Because when you make paragraphs it's like a trying to piece a puzzle together. I'm not insulting you, just try harder to articulate what you are trying to say. Proof read it, repeat it out loud and see if it makes sense to you. You are also the one who was trying to character assassinate me in multiple other threads.

Here's a question for you. If you struggle with defending takedowns and I don't struggle at all with it. Does it mean the game is broken or could it possibly mean that you need to practice with it more?

You can go into practice mode and record any move/takedown in the game and practice defending against it until you've got it down 100%. I suggest doing that.