EA Forums - Banner

Ground and pound still seems inferior to last game, will you guys just ditch the mini game crap

TGFPdan
26 posts Member
edited October 2020
Hundreds of threads have been made on this, but nothing has been done. @EA_Blueberry

The new system is inferior. Finishes are too easy to get, so easy that people tend to just quit games when it goes to the ground like that. Every now and then I will fight someone who can efficiently post and dodge but it is so rare. Not to mention that one knockdown usually can result in tko finish if you know how to throw.

The nonsense timer needs to be removed, people need to be able to transition so they have other options besides the glitchy post/dodge system. This is not realistic, the change makes NO SENSE.

The whole "finish the fight" mode is very mobile game esque. It looks bad, it plays bad, it is bad. Stop taking us out of the flow of the fight for these little mini games. Subs are the only thing that should be like that. Both parties need have the ability to transition, both parties need to have the responsibility of transitioning themselves, NOT AUTO TRANSITIONS!!!!!!

Remove the queued strikes, all this does is lead to spam, its horrible. Half the time people don't even mean to spam but the queue just naturally results in spam.

From the striking side of GnP, the flow is horrendous. In UFC 3 we could transition very smoothly from throwing a variety of strikes on the ground. I could drop two hammer fists leading into some body hooks only to go back to the face. I could mix it up, it felt less cheap to my opponents. In UFC 4 you are limited to three strikes, and they don't transition well to each other. Body strikes have a good 1-2 second lag between head shots, hooks and straights don't even blend together that great.

You limited the striking, limited the defense possibilities, you limit the natural flow of the GNP with the automatic timer nonsense,. This system is hands down inferior to the last system and there is absolutely no reason we should still be stuck with this.

If you do these things you will improve the ground experience ten fold, if you don't the ground game is going to be what makes this title stale in less than 6 months.

-Add transition options for GnP bottom

- remove autotransition timer completely

-allow everyone to transition all the time just as it was in UFC 3

-Make GnP striking more fluid from head shots to body shots

-add hammerfists, elbows, body straights

Replies

• Go back to the gates for subs
    The spinning is easy beaten
  • EA_Blueberry
    4743 posts EA Community Manager
    I know adjusting to new mechanics can be tough at first and if you were very skilled at the previous system it makes sense to prefer it for future titles. I cannot guarantee a complete overhaul of the system will take place. In the event they decided to change back to a previous system, this inadvertently creates a curveball for all newer players that now have to adjust to a new system. While veterans of the game could enjoy this (and not all of them), you could lose players in the process out of unwillingness to re-adjust.

The team continues to gather the feedback around the ground and pound system, making subtle changes in updates to avoid painful learning curves. In the event a larger change is needed you'll likely be made aware and see it in a large update down the road. I'll pass along this thread and be sure to highlight your top requests at the bottom.

Appreciate the constructive post. In the meantime, good luck on the ground .
  • I know adjusting to new mechanics can be tough at first and if you were very skilled at the previous system it makes sense to prefer it for future titles. I cannot guarantee a complete overhaul of the system will take place. In the event they decided to change back to a previous system, this inadvertently creates a curveball for all newer players that now have to adjust to a new system. While veterans of the game could enjoy this (and not all of them), you could lose players in the process out of unwillingness to re-adjust.

The team continues to gather the feedback around the ground and pound system, making subtle changes in updates to avoid painful learning curves. In the event a larger change is needed you'll likely be made aware and see it in a large update down the road. I'll pass along this thread and be sure to highlight your top requests at the bottom.

The ground n pound mechanics are pretty awful. It's not dynamic in response time which makes it crazy hard to control what you want to throw. The bottom has far too many directions for seasoned players let alone new players. No elbows or hammer fist is pretty absurd. Not too mention the stamina just feels completely unbalanced. It's my least favorite part of the game. Well aside from the arcade style stamina for striking that allows a max holloway to throw over 300 strikes in Rd and not be gassed the slightest.
  • The gnp is better than ufc 3 , they will update it anyway . I think only gnp does not have that rpm technology ( clinch striking takedowns)
  • wassym31 wrote: »
    The gnp is better than ufc 3 , they will update it anyway . I think only gnp does not have that rpm technology ( clinch striking takedowns)

Completely disagree. UFC 3 I could pick my shots. Conserve my stamina and be effective at damaging my opponents body and head. This new system of hit punch once and throw thirty strikes is beyond game breaking. I hate stand and bang but looks like that's the only way to go at this point.
  • I know adjusting to new mechanics can be tough at first and if you were very skilled at the previous system it makes sense to prefer it for future titles. I cannot guarantee a complete overhaul of the system will take place. In the event they decided to change back to a previous system, this inadvertently creates a curveball for all newer players that now have to adjust to a new system. While veterans of the game could enjoy this (and not all of them), you could lose players in the process out of unwillingness to re-adjust.

I write through an online translator. The new system is not difficult to learn ,but it is far from reality, so players do not like it and is not suitable for a sports simulator. Players want the game to be close to real battles .

I love how you says painful learning curves. ThIs is MMA not a mortal kombat tekken ground and pound . Please tell me when you’ve seen someone just sit there taking strikes at the bottom . It’s mma I’m adjusting to get in a better position . This timer system should never decide how many strikes I throw on top . If I get counter and put in a bad position that’s my fault . Your making this game Arcady your talking about new players as if they still play it they are back on war zone . And the veteran fans since day one are just playing 3 again because atleast the system made sense maybe not all of it but it made sense . Get it together EA . This is UFC game “as real as it gets” try to keep it that way . Change the timer . Add hammer fist and elbows