EA Forums - Banner

Let's Talk: UFC 4 Patch (7.0) Discussion Thread

Prev13
EA_Blueberry
4173 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 21
What's up, UFC 4 fans!

The 7.0 Title Update is now LIVE! Patch notes can be found here.

Drop by this thread after you get some matches in and leave us your feedback. How does the game feel after the stamina changes?
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• have not recived this yet
  • So far feels good I’m liking it
  • After the update I am getting a message reading “Your client version is not compatible with the server. please close the game and update it” what’s happening??
  • ****... This update doesn’t work! Still the same message...“Your client version is not compatible with the server. please close the game and update it”
  • BWrizzle
    80 posts Member
    edited January 21
    This all sounds amazing! I wasn’t able to find where venue select in OWC is.

“ - Added a venue select to Online Quick Fight and Online World Championship to prioritize venue preference during matchmaking”
  • EA_Blueberry
    4173 posts EA Community Manager
    MBonofacio wrote: »
    ****... This update doesn’t work! Still the same message...“Your client version is not compatible with the server. please close the game and update it”

Does power cycling the console fix it for you?
  • Games great but from a single player view its so frustrating that we still aren’t able to change trunk colour, for example the brazillian shorts in white look ace but i cant even use them
  • Deeznutz32211
    50 posts Member
    edited January 22
    2 things.

1. I had the same message about updating and the only thing that worked for me is a complete uninstall/re-install

2. This update is a huge step in the right direction. My only two requests are more long term stamina drain for taking body shots and more vulnurability after having a clinch strike blocked because being able to just release after throwing 2 knees isn't going to stop clinch spammers
    Post edited by Deeznutz32211 on
  • Oh and more vulnerability after missing big strikes because these guys will spinning elbow/overhand/spin kick you to death
  • I agree that this update is a massive improvement. It actually feels fair and competitive again. For the first time since release I found it difficult to stop playing tonight rather than having 3 matches and turning it off in frustration.
  • Of particular satisfaction was the fact that 2 of the opponents I came up against would have definitely beaten me before the update by just battering away at my guard but I was able to wear them out and KO them.
  • I’m enjoying it good update EA things I would like to see next are elbows/hammerfist and shorts selection or just more animations I think you guys nailed it with the new block animation and calf kick
  • rylee3812 wrote: »
    Of particular satisfaction was the fact that 2 of the opponents I came up against would have definitely beaten me before the update by just battering away at my guard but I was able to wear them out and KO them.

Bro Foreal now I’m beating everyone because they can’t just spam strikes and you can’t spam ground and pound the block is way better

• Dock-Zom wrote: »
    rylee3812 wrote: »
    Of particular satisfaction was the fact that 2 of the opponents I came up against would have definitely beaten me before the update by just battering away at my guard but I was able to wear them out and KO them.

Bro Foreal now I’m beating everyone because they can’t just spam strikes and you can’t spam ground and pound the block is way better

Absolutely. I might actually try out some ranked matches now. I was holding off on that until I felt the game reached a balanced state. As I recall, the previous 3 versions also took a few months to feel finished and this one just got there with patch 7.0 in my opinion.
  • hahahablya
    81 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Hello. I write through an online translator. Blocking the lower kick should do much less damage than the lower kick itself.
  • like this update, new blocks, leg kicks, 4 fighters, new model of Conor, thanx.
    and about bugs - Bruce Buffer also called mane without surname yet on Chandler, Andre Bishop , Frost, Askarov and Jennifer Maya, can it fixed ?
  • Definitely love the calf kick and new blocking animations, didn't see the other game improvement except that it feels a little bit smoother

We are still missing :

Real Ground and pound with elbows, hammer fists etc and without a timer
    Real clinch like UFC 3 with possibility of doing transitions to other positions
  • Anybody know what the patch released today is for?
  • Kevin Holland. Please
  • I REALLY LOVE THIS UPDATE!
    The Devs are on the right track! RESPECT TO YOU GUYS for making the game much better!

Some suggestions for improvements and some issues I'd like to address :)

1. THE TIMING OF BLOCKED COUNTER IS OFF. When someone is spamming hooks it is really hard to get the timing for the block counter. I don't know if it's just me. But in UFC 3 I can time it very well.

2. ROCKED MOMENT BEING KNOCKDOWN. When the opponent is hit by a huge kick or a punch, and he gets knockdown. Don't let them stand up very quick like nothing happened, just like in stand up there is a stunned or rocked moment. Let them choose either to stay and recover on the ground or stand up while still stunned. If they chose to stand up make it slower.

3. The GNP is OVERPOWER! In my opinion, the damage of GNP is too much! NERF the straights & hooks.
    To generate power hold R1+square/triangle, make it slower so there will be a chance for the defending fighter to blocked. Currently, some players mix it too well hooks body to head, straight and it's impossible for the defending player to block it. For Hammer fist make it the same as UFC 3 Analog up+square/triangle to generate power "hold". For Elbow L2+square/triangle to generate power "hold". Make the regular hooks and straights effective if the defending fighter has low head health.

4. PLEASE ADD FLYING MOUTHPIECE hahaha

NOTE: These are just my opinions. I am enjoying playing the game especially with this update 7.0