EA Forums - Banner

Let's Talk: UFC 4 Patch (7.0) Discussion Thread

Replies

• ONE MORE THING! Please add ONLINE TOURNAMENT. Let us invite our small community or friends to create an online tournament.
  • This is all Great and I love what EA has done over the years with the UFC. However as a super fan I feel as though there should be a Match Maker Mode in witch the player can create at his own PPV and the games tracks fighter ranking and allows players to control the ratings. How It would work is that as a Match Maker you will help Dana white pick the fights for on a month to month baisis similar to the WWE games in “Universe Mode” so you would pick the fight cards for 2 fight night events a month then at the end you create the PPV as well.
    This will eliminate us as players having to create a new/multiple Events in create event mode that take so much time and you guys can eliminate this. Creating this new mode that keeps up with fighter rankings in all divisions and creating your own UFC champions will be more fun also bring back the doctor coming in between rounds to check on cuts, doctor stoppage and being able to knock the mouthpiece out of the other players mouth.More realistic reference stoppages. UFC4 is great but missing these simple things I feel is why this is not the ultimate MMA game the Real life characteristics will go a long way. Also put back the ability to select different color fighter shorts like the other games put it back on playing with a fighter in the same gear can drag its not realistic. > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > What's up, UFC 4 fans!
    >
    > The 7.0 Title Update is now LIVE! Patch notes can be found here.
    >
    > Drop by this thread after you get some matches in and leave us your feedback. How does the game feel after the stamina changes?
  • hahahablya
    89 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Add Raphael Fiziev to the game !!! Patch nice , excellent !
  • Honestly, this is the fourth instalment for ea Ufc games and man I can’t believe that it’s been out since August and I’m still wondering what is goin on with this game, like the most creative freedom we have for custom fighters is what they wear which to me sounds like a bad joke lol Ufc 4 could be amazing but there is wayyy too many issues here, we don’t have full creativity with our custom fighters like we did in Ufc 1,2 and 3, we can’t choose the fighters trunk kit/colour like we did in Ufc 2 and 3, Ufc 4’S AI is the worse AI in all of the games cause all it does is spam clinch and takedowns, I’ve had an AI Conor spam takedowns on me and he isn’t the only striker AI that does this like when you have a striker being control by AI and all it does is spam takedowns and the clinch there’s a problem there and I worked so hard at getting good at defending the takedowns cause of the ridiculous amount of spamming in this game and since the new patch I can’t block or stop any takedowns at all, even the basic ones where their not driving left or right I can’t stop it even with fighters who have the best takedown defence. EA I’m a massive mma fan myself but this needs to change, so step up guys and give us the game we want and deserve finally or give the rights to a different game company who will cause I’m tired of playing a broken game of one my most favourite sports and video games ever.
  • I REALLY LOVE THIS UPDATE!
    The Devs are on the right track! RESPECT TO YOU GUYS for making the game much better!

Some suggestions for improvements and some issues I'd like to address :)

1. THE TIMING OF BLOCKED COUNTER IS OFF. When someone is spamming hooks it is really hard to get the timing for the block counter. I don't know if it's just me. But in UFC 3 I can time it very well.

2. ROCKED MOMENT BEING KNOCKDOWN. When the opponent is hit by a huge kick or a punch, and he gets knockdown. Don't let them stand up very quick like nothing happened, just like in stand up there is a stunned or rocked moment. Let them choose either to stay and recover on the ground or stand up while still stunned. If they chose to stand up make it slower.

3. The GNP is OVERPOWER! In my opinion, the damage of GNP is too much! NERF the straights & hooks.
    To generate power hold R1+square/triangle, make it slower so there will be a chance for the defending fighter to blocked. Currently, some players mix it too well hooks body to head, straight and it's impossible for the defending player to block it. For Hammer fist make it the same as UFC 3 Analog up+square/triangle to generate power "hold". For Elbow L2+square/triangle to generate power "hold". Make the regular hooks and straights effective if the defending fighter has low head health.

4. PLEASE ADD FLYING MOUTHPIECE hahaha

NOTE: These are just my opinions. I am enjoying playing the game especially with this update 7.0

I just don’t get why they don’t have the same gnp from the last one you could focus and combo strikes on the ground this one is just about spamming til they drop it’s not even satisfying anymore like it was in 3

• Hello. I write through an online translator. Add the Israel Adesaniya cartwheel kick . He uses this kick in his arsenal , cartwheel kick was at Israel Adesaniya before the first patch.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4769 posts EA Community Manager
    I REALLY LOVE THIS UPDATE!
    The Devs are on the right track! RESPECT TO YOU GUYS for making the game much better!

1. THE TIMING OF BLOCKED COUNTER IS OFF. When someone is spamming hooks it is really hard to get the timing for the block counter. I don't know if it's just me. But in UFC 3 I can time it very well.

2. ROCKED MOMENT BEING KNOCKDOWN. When the opponent is hit by a huge kick or a punch, and he gets knockdown. Don't let them stand up very quick like nothing happened, just like in stand up there is a stunned or rocked moment. Let them choose either to stay and recover on the ground or stand up while still stunned. If they chose to stand up make it slower.

3. The GNP is OVERPOWER! In my opinion, the damage of GNP is too much! NERF the straights & hooks.
    To generate power hold R1+square/triangle, make it slower so there will be a chance for the defending fighter to blocked. Currently, some players mix it too well hooks body to head, straight and it's impossible for the defending player to block it. For Hammer fist make it the same as UFC 3 Analog up+square/triangle to generate power "hold". For Elbow L2+square/triangle to generate power "hold". Make the regular hooks and straights effective if the defending fighter has low head health.

NOTE: These are just my opinions. I am enjoying playing the game especially with this update 7.0

Thank you for the detailed feedback on fight mechanics! Flying mouthpieces would be pretty cool, too.

Curious to hear what everyone else's thoughts were on points 1 and 3.
  • I REALLY LOVE THIS UPDATE!

Thank you for the detailed feedback on fight mechanics! Flying mouthpieces would be pretty cool, too.

Curious to hear what everyone else's thoughts were on points 1 and 3.

1. Yeah i deal with that as well, especially with uppercuts, I'll block the first one and try to sway backwards to counter the second and end up eating them, but hooks are pretty bad as well

3. I dont even know, i mean the current ground and pound is so uneven and exploitable offensively and defensively I'm open for anything at this point
  • Are we ever going to use our CAF in offline play? Or do anything fun offline? I built one career guy spent hours developing him only to find out, once youre retired you cant use the guy. Havent played since. It's frickin terrible.
  • hahahablya
    89 posts Member
    edited January 25
    Hello.I write through an online translator. The young version of Conor McGregor has very slow kicks. Especially slow is the animation of the left foot hitting the body ( midlkick) . Fix please.
  • Patch 7.1 has been downloaded. What changes does this patch bring?
  • Just wanted to share a video of someone abusing the clinch system, i spoke about this before where they've adapted to the "light them up after blocking" technique that was created try combat clinch spam
  • Add in Alexandr Rakic , who is ranked fourth in the light heavyweight rankings.
  • immortal079apple
    41 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Hey guys?! Have you experienced playing online and getting stuck in the cage while the opponent is kneeing you to the body? You cannot block low in this position and you cannot escape using analog stick. How to counter this move?!
    Post edited by immortal079apple on
  • Brand new UFC 4 patch (7.0) the best
  • Супер
  • EA_Blueberry
    4769 posts EA Community Manager
    Just wanted to share a video of someone abusing the clinch system, i spoke about this before where they've adapted to the "light them up after blocking" technique that was created try combat clinch spam

That uppercut at the end was money. Are you referring to the player constantly clinching you for a knee and leg takedown? You ended up winning the fight on this one, but do you regularly lose to others you see using this technique? If not, I'm not sure if that's an exploit or imbalance at the moment.
  • Hello. I write through an online translator. Why is it that when an opponent falls into a knockdown on his stomach, face down, then when you start to finish him off, he automatically turns over on his back? Let the opponent remain in the position on his stomach or on his knees face down, whether it is the position when I finish him off from the side or finish him off from the back.
  • The game is feeling very competitive after this patch. I also like the added alternative to get to mount postured up when on top and the calf kicks, great additions. Playing on series X now, the game looks and feels great 👌🏾
  • Just wanted to share a video of someone abusing the clinch system, i spoke about this before where they've adapted to the "light them up after blocking" technique that was created try combat clinch spam

That uppercut at the end was money. Are you referring to the player constantly clinching you for a knee and leg takedown? You ended up winning the fight on this one, but do you regularly lose to others you see using this technique? If not, I'm not sure if that's an exploit or imbalance at the moment.

If I'm being honest a lot of guys only start doing this as a last resort. this guy was really predictable standing and wasn't that good on the ground, but even still he kept using it because the risk wasn't high for him, he got a few knees that did damage and was able to get out before i could react, it really hurts when it's a competitive fight and the guy I'm fighting is on par or better than me, they start pulling out things like this to get the edge. If there was more vulnerability after a blocked clinch strike or a few extra frames between a clinch strike and takedown from clinch.