EA Forums - Banner

Ground And Pound Rework

I am absolutely in love with UFC4 in general, the only thing that i would improve is the G&P system.
so let my explain: The current G&P system feels unsatisfying and the punches feel like they sometimes just aren't connecting. Another thing that i would add are the ground elbows and hammerfist from mounted position. If EA manages to add more weight to the punches and make them look more satisfying, this game would be my absolute number #1 !!!

Replies

• The ground game also needs better animations and fixing missing animations. When in full guard on bottom most of the time the elbows look like repeated headbutts.
  • I agree it needs more impactful strikes and the meter isn’t really helping the ground and pound satisfaction
  • The ground game in general is terrible. They should’ve kept the ground game from ufc 3 and added the ability to post hooks and head movement from the bottom. If there was the option to transition it would make it a lot harder to ko someone from guard. Once they posture up you lose complete control of your fighter and have to block or get lucky with the posts and head movement. The inputs from the bottom is non responsive at times. Other than that the submission system is boring ****. Especially when you have full stamina and you still get submitted in my honest opinion it doesn’t reflect submissions properly. On another note the update has seemed to expose a lot of these exploiters and spammers.
  • > @Mrbig3o6 said:
    > The ground game in general is terrible. They should’ve kept the ground game from ufc 3 and added the ability to post hooks and head movement from the bottom. If there was the option to transition it would make it a lot harder to ko someone from guard. Once they posture up you lose complete control of your fighter and have to block or get lucky with the posts and head movement. The inputs from the bottom is non responsive at times. Other than that the submission system is boring ****. Especially when you have full stamina and you still get submitted in my honest opinion it doesn’t reflect submissions properly. On another note the update has seemed to expose a lot of these exploiters and spammers.

UFC 3 Ground game was amazing!

Another thing i just found out is that my character keeps punching when i let go of my controller? is this just me or just some sort of imput lag, it doesn't feel like i'm in control of my character...
  • i found this amazing video that sums up everything:

• Ya the ground and pound system is a joke as well as other things
  • Man I would love for the gameplay to be like Undisputed 3! They did almost everything better and more realistically...
    Actual TKO's and referee interaction, being able to keep punching until the ref pulls you off, and of course having the fighter react to being knockout and only having one fighter at the end standing up after really bad knockouts.
    If I were a developer, I don't know how you would NOT add these things when designing the game, with all do respect. Having doctor stoppages every now and again, ( which should be on a slider for people who don't want them), and if the doctor looks at the cut and says its ok, then its more fun when the round continues to try and make the cut worse and get a stoppage...
    A man can dream.