EA Forums - Banner

Fix side step sway exploit

It drains all stamina and gives them free KO or takedown and moves you completely out of range. Broken fix this

Replies

• Bump. This is a game breaking exploit
  • EA_Blueberry
    4302 posts EA Community Manager
    Anyone else have thoughts on this?
  • Deeznutz32211
    57 posts Member
    edited February 18
    Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Yes i spoke on it in another post, guys abuse it because there isn't much of a drawback to abusing it, you can block while lunging so the risk of running into something isn't high
    Post edited by Deeznutz32211 on
  • CAFkilla92 wrote: »
    It drains all stamina and gives them free KO or takedown and moves you completely out of range. Broken fix this

I don’t get what you mean by side step like the side lounging can you show a clip of it
  • Mrbig3o6
    43 posts Member
    edited February 19
    The minor lunge is what he is referring too. When you flick your left analog.
  • As someone who uses the minor lunge quite often just going to let some people know the big draw backs to it. Ye if you are using straight shots e.g. 1-2, front kicks etc you’re going to miss continuously and it can be quite frustrating. However when your opponent is doing this they cannot block legs kicks and these kicks will do a lot more damage if you catch them during the step. As someone who uses side step this is very discouraging when your opponent adapts in this way. Also if the person side steps into hooks whilst blocking it will do a lot of permanent block damage that can leave you very vulnerable by the third round of a fight. Basically when your opponent is using this technique just take a second to consider the counters and you can quickly shift the fight back in your favour.

Hope this helps :)
  • BillyH72 wrote: »
    As someone who uses the minor lunge quite often just going to let some people know the big draw backs to it. Ye if you are using straight shots e.g. 1-2, front kicks etc you’re going to miss continuously and it can be quite frustrating. However when your opponent is doing this they cannot block legs kicks and these kicks will do a lot more damage if you catch them during the step. As someone who uses side step this is very discouraging when your opponent adapts in this way. Also if the person side steps into hooks whilst blocking it will do a lot of permanent block damage that can leave you very vulnerable by the third round of a fight. Basically when your opponent is using this technique just take a second to consider the counters and you can quickly shift the fight back in your favour.

Hope this helps :)

That's A1 advice! This post though, or at least my interpretation of it, is asking the devs to balance it out. Imo there is too much reward and not enough risk for a guy who spams lunging left and right, even a missed foward moving leg kick can have the lunging fighter behind you and i know from experience taking one straight punch from that position can k.o you. I understand the permanent block damage from running into a hook or looping kick, but thats not enough considering how hard it is to get your hands on guys who take advantage or overuse this mechanic.
  • Y'all.. c'mon.
    One lunge or sidestep into a body kick = instant body rock. You can't check leg kicks while doing it, and lunging into a round strike causes massive problems. Lunging isn't an exploit lol.
  • ZyaffYT wrote: »
    Y'all.. c'mon.
    One lunge or sidestep into a body kick = instant body rock. You can't check leg kicks while doing it, and lunging into a round strike causes massive problems. Lunging isn't an exploit lol.

Found the side stepper
  • Yea I’m not seeing an exploit from it
  • Anyone else have thoughts on this?

It’s not an exploit lol the fact someone falls for this is insane . This dude is probably a Holloway spammer . Minor lunges are perfectly fine there’s more risk in minor and major lunges then there are on missing 300 strikes in a round on this game . So the minor lunge is fine . Fix the stamina drain on permanent stamina
  • ZyaffYT wrote: »
    Y'all.. c'mon.

These are the guys that are spamming shots lol if they wanna talk about exploit look at how many shots they throwing and actually landing with no penalty

• Use hooks if they do thst or leg kick
  • Just wanted to share this video, i was in quickfight and the guy i was playing was really good, he DID NOT spam the lunges but he used it enough to where i would normally hesitate to throw more than one punch at a time, so i thought about what was said in this thread about being unable to block leg kicks while lunging and here are the results...

• I'm MM Johnson btw
  • EA_Blueberry
    4302 posts EA Community Manager
    Just wanted to share this video, i was in quickfight and the guy i was playing was really good, he DID NOT spam the lunges but he used it enough to where i would normally hesitate to throw more than one punch at a time, so i thought about what was said in this thread about being unable to block leg kicks while lunging and here are the results...

Thanks for sharing!

Will pass this along to the team. Close fight until the leg kicks at the very end.