EA Forums - Banner

Takedown fluidity and transition denial

Going from strikes to takefowns feels so clunky, ill try to throw out a low stamina combo like 2 jabs to distract from a takedown and my guy will pause for about 2 seconds before initiating a takedown, its a huge tell that the takedown is coming, honestly i see about 80% of takedowns coming my way but i just can defend them. The transition denial is also "off" to me, it seems like i have to pre deny transitions in ufc4 and even still sometimes they dont deny, i actually brought my ps4 into the room with the wifi router and connected it to the ethernet just to make sure it wasnt my connection and im still blocking transitions with no effect

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4302 posts EA Community Manager
    What's your counter to the take-downs? What are you pressing?
  • What's your counter to the take-downs? What are you pressing?

R2+L2... Sometimes out of habit I'll press down on the analog stick also, but i don't think that negates the takedown denial, idk if it's my timing or what
  • EA_Blueberry
    Timing plays a huge factor. You have to recognize it very early. It could be input delay or lag too though. Do you know if your T.V. has Game Mode on? If it's turned off, there's input delay.

Connectivity wise, try power cycling the console and your network to see if that helps fix this for you. The slightest amount of lag can make it tougher to stop takedowns.

Connection Troubleshooting
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

How to power cycle your PS4/PS5
    1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
    2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:
    1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

• Timing plays a huge factor. You have to recognize it very early. It could be input delay or lag too though. Do you know if your T.V. has Game Mode on? If it's turned off, there's input delay.

Connectivity wise, try power cycling the console and your network to see if that helps fix this for you. The slightest amount of lag can make it tougher to stop takedowns.

Connection Troubleshooting
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

How to power cycle your PS4/PS5
    1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
    2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:
    1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

I never thought about game mode, I'll try that now thanks
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Deeznutz32211

No problem. To be honest I'm surprised they don't have it automatically enabled on all T.V.'s. Your mind is about to be blown if it's been disabled the whole time. When it's turned off it will feel like every button input is a second behind.

I recently upgraded my CAT5 cable to CAT6 too. Not a huge difference in speed but statistics show it's slightly faster so if you haven't upgraded cables in years that might be worth a look. Mine was around $10.