EA Forums - Banner

Change subs back. Ground and pound input

This new sub system is ridiculous. Imagine i used to do fine with subs now i lose almost all sub encounters. Thanks ea for that. If the future ufc games continue that route i wont buy. Shouldn't have bought this atrocity. Also i can tap x twice in top mount and get more than 2 strikes. Almost every time ive been reversed due to a missed postured strike i didnt even really throw the strike. Just a huge mess.

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4302 posts EA Community Manager
    What did you really like from the old sub system?

Honest question. Is it the difficulty of the system you don't like (if you won every sub do you think your thoughts on this would be different) or are the controls not as intuitive?
  • What did you really like from the old sub system?

Honest question. Is it the difficulty of the system you don't like (if you won every sub do you think your thoughts on this would be different) or are the controls not as intuitive?

The system is not difficult it’s extremely flawed!!! Why did you guys remove something that wasn’t broken in the first place? You left a lot of your fan base **** with the state of the game and yet we’re still ignored. Nobody and I mean nobody enjoys the submission system that’s in place it’s a stupid mini game if anything.
  • Mrbig3o6 wrote: »

The system is not difficult it’s extremely flawed!!! Why did you guys remove something that wasn’t broken in the first place? You left a lot of your fan base **** with the state of the game and yet we’re still ignored. Nobody and I mean nobody enjoys the submission system that’s in place it’s a stupid mini game if anything.

You will get sub easily, if your stamina is depleted, do not panic and do not try to get too many transition, watch your stamina.. Joint submission is hard to escape especially if you will just push L2 and R2 drastically. Let the bar get shorter before you move it. To be honest I really love the submission system from EA UFC 3. But I also enjoy the simplicity of the new sub system. EA UFC 3 sub system gives much more satisfaction when you submitted someone.
  • Mrbig3o6 wrote: »

You will get sub easily, if your stamina is depleted, do not panic and do not try to get too many transition, watch your stamina.. Joint submission is hard to escape especially if you will just push L2 and R2 drastically. Let the bar get shorter before you move it. To be honest I really love the submission system from EA UFC 3. But I also enjoy the simplicity of the new sub system. EA UFC 3 sub system gives much more satisfaction when you submitted someone.

🤦🏽‍♂️ I know how the sub system works but that doesn’t change the fact that the system is flawed. You can have full stamina and still be submitted with ease. It’s extremely unbalanced.
  • I completely agree that the old sub system is a million times better! The reason being is you could see why you either won/lost "blocking the gate" if you didn't do good at blocking them from advancing you would lose the sub. But now we have a case of 2 mini games that if you either go to fast you lose or go to slow an you lose..

I've played every UFC game ever made spend thousands of hours on each an the submission system is the worst one ever made. Might as well just bring back the sub system from ufc 2010.

But the reason why EA broke the system is because the game is fantastic every other aspect but submission. An they need something to "improve" for the next ufc game or we most likely would stick with this game.
  • agree, old SUB system was much, much better! when u get used to defense and offense its very competitive! bring it back pls
  • I completely agree that the old sub system is a million times better! The reason being is you could see why you either won/lost "blocking the gate" if you didn't do good at blocking them from advancing you would lose the sub. But now we have a case of 2 mini games that if you either go to fast you lose or go to slow an you lose..

I've played every UFC game ever made spend thousands of hours on each an the submission system is the worst one ever made. Might as well just bring back the sub system from ufc 2010.

But the reason why EA broke the system is because the game is fantastic every other aspect but submission. An they need something to "improve" for the next ufc game or we most likely would stick with this game.

Makes the charge and shine seem great... I dont mind the circle one like thq undisputed 3. But I also only say cpu in career mode so my preference really doesn't impact co.pwtitve online players
  • Actually, what I would really like to see is a ground game that's as much of a simulation as the striking part, which does a fairly good job of being close to the real thing.

I know it is a complicated thing to do, but the ground game is really the worst part of the game.

The game is fantastic ? Let’s talk about the unsatisfying ground and pound system . It’s so corny , posture up spam some strikes that don’t even hurt lol you can’t even really do anything besides lay there the ground and pound and wrestling side is really bad atleast in 3 the damage was impactful on the ground and then that cheesy ground and spam timer just makes it lame . Let’s not get started on the tko stuff too lol . This game could be a lot more fluid .

Tkos in the ground the bottom should be able to scramble to different positions while the aggression is still attacking them .

The lack of elbows and hammer fist and varies different strikes in different positions is what makes the ground game corny

• I personally love the UFC 3 submission game. Its just extremely satisfying and fun to do. I liked UFC 4 at first with the new submission game but quickly realized how much I miss the old one. It takes a lot more skill and mental concentration from the old one.
    Would be great if they gave us the option to choose between the two in a future patch?
  • Agree old needs to comeback
  • Oddessitt
    59 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Yep, in third part was best sub. system
  • Gav402
    12 posts Member
    edited March 14
    @EA_Blueberry honestly its just the simple fact that you spend years getting used to something then you guys change it. Its like you are trying to make it harder for the players who spent lots of time on past games. But trying to appeal to wwe players maybe? I heard its similar to their sub system. If trying to appeal to wwe players i think that is super weak. But I'm just as concerned with throwing 5 ground strikes when i only pressed x 3 times or what not. So whats up with that???? But ya the subs are not really that much harder just too much change. All around honestly. Against cpus i do just fine but online its completely differnet feel with subs. I feel like people online do what you are supposed to NOT do but it ends up working as when you try to do what you are supposed to it doesnt lol
    Post edited by Gav402 on
  • > @Gav402 said:
    But I'm just as concerned with throwing 5 ground strikes when i only pressed x 3 times or what not.

Yup, that's an issue. Ground strikes don't really correlate with inputs, and the timing is off.
  • I personally love the UFC 3 submission game. Its just extremely satisfying and fun to do. I liked UFC 4 at first with the new submission game but quickly realized how much I miss the old one. It takes a lot more skill and mental concentration from the old one.
    Would be great if they gave us the option to choose between the two in a future patch?

agree 100% but i think it won't work if you got the old one and your opponent the new one.
    but i think most of the community wants the old one back
  • 100%.
  • As a person that submits people a lot on 4 it’s striaght cheese . If someone has no stamina and it’s flashing that should be an easy sub tho . The older system seemed more believeable