EA Forums - Banner

Constant quitting.

I'd like to address the numerous players who immediately quit the game as soon as they feel their chances of winning are compromised. First of all this is a fighting game and not a quitting game. If you cannot have the respect for your opponent to finish the fight don't start it. I sometimes lose a fight against an opponent who spends the entire fight bragging then i get a rematch and dominate him, he quits before the fight is over. I decided to write this post after having 5 opponents in a row quit on me. I don't care about winning or losing but I want to finish my fights. There should be some kind of display as there was on fight night where you can see how many times a player quits his games.

Replies

• chuchuko77 wrote: »
    I'd like to address the numerous players who immediately quit the game as soon as they feel their chances of winning are compromised. First of all this is a fighting game and not a quitting game. If you cannot have the respect for your opponent to finish the fight don't start it. I sometimes lose a fight against an opponent who spends the entire fight bragging then i get a rematch and dominate him, he quits before the fight is over. I decided to write this post after having 5 opponents in a row quit on me. I don't care about winning or losing but I want to finish my fights. There should be some kind of display as there was on fight night where you can see how many times a player quits his games.

I agree to display how many times the player quit in their stats. Some players also quit in character selection menu, when they see your level. They got scared by only seeing your “level”, skills are not measured by the level.

I agree but the problem is the fight often isn't over fast enough. Most people don't want to keep fighting if they've been dropped 5 times in the first round because this game takes too long to finish someone. And the chances of a comeback are slim to none

I agree to display how many times the player quit in their stats. Some players also quit in character selection menu, when they see your level. They got scared by only seeing your “level”, skills are not measured by the level.

Also they might be leaving due to rule set or when you pick a character that is OP or broken.

They wouldn't be able to quit if KOs were faster
  • Don't Spam or cheese ground then
  • Does reporting quitters as cheaters do anything?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4331 posts EA Community Manager
    In this update we’ve improved the matchmaking system for online matches to discourage users from repeatedly leaving early. This will be done via a timed delay added preventing the user from entering matchmaking for a set amount of time. Additionally, you will notice that we’ve updated multiple other areas of gameplay that are outlined below.
    Thank you again for your continued feedback and support in helping us make this the best EA SPORTS UFC yet!

PATCH 9.0 FULL NOTES

Major Updates:
    • Added 2 new fighters, Kevin Holland and Vicente Luque
    • Added a timed delay to matchmaking if a user repeatedly does not finish online matches

From the latest patch yesterday. The Patch Notes can be found here.
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > In this update we’ve improved the matchmaking system for online matches to discourage users from repeatedly leaving early. This will be done via a timed delay added preventing the user from entering matchmaking for a set amount of time. Additionally, you will notice that we’ve updated multiple other areas of gameplay that are outlined below.

Thanks.

Despite a few shortcomings, I actually enjoy the game very much. The stand up is beautiful - with good adversaries, it can really feel like a fight.

Now, if you guys could only fix the stamina issues that allow spammers to do their dirty work... ;)