EA Forums - Banner

Technicality gets you nowhere here

ChromiumPalm
24 posts Member
edited March 15

Tired of button smashers getting these lucky one shot k.os when im puttin in the work to succeed. The submission game is ridiculous theres no differences whether your stamina is good or bad. Why cant you just add the old submission system back as an option . Seems like staggering and stunning are only accurate when it comes down to getting struck in the face or getting kick at a certain moment ,body shots are seriously underrated. Theres times i slips the overhand and come underneath with a rear body and nothing happens most of the time. Needless to say fix damage cause and effects

Replies

• In case you didn't know....
    UFC 4 is arcade style now, no more realistic fights and no need to go the body anymore (has no effect, yes it drains stamina, but that doesn't matter in this game anymore). Just try and punch quicker than your opponent to get the win. Plus all the costumes and clown fighters in ranked...
    The game should be renamed to UFE
    what a joke
  • The game can actually be really fun when you meet another technical player.

Problem is, spammers are really in the majority, and they will continue to exploit the flawed mechanics until they are fixed.
  • The game can actually be really fun when you meet another technical player.

Problem is, spammers are really in the majority, and they will continue to exploit the flawed mechanics until they are fixed.

Agree, I have also had great fights against other fighters who fight technical, but spammers are allowed to spam without consequence, that's the problem and will stay the problem unless EA patches this. Your punches and kicks should be way slower if you are gassed out or have low stamina. You cant be allowed to spam overhand / uppercut combos or 8x hooks combo without getting **** tired.... Try doing that in real life and see if your timing and speed slows down. They had the stamina game right in UFC 3, why change it???????????
  • This is the biggest problem in the game right now, another issue is just having a higher rated fighter. Its almost as if they've tweaked the game so if you have half a star less rating than your opponent then its way harder to knock them out. For example, I'm using Cub Swanson online. I'm having to rock Mcgregor 10 times+ until a finish is viable otherwise I would just get ko'd myself. Same in the female divisions, even using Holly Holm against Nunes. I kick her in the face clean over and over, rock her 8 or 9 times and end up ko'd in the 3rd round from a single punch. There is absolutely no balance whatsoever in this game, honestly guys, just pick Holloway, dillashaw, nunes, cejudo, khabib etc and mash your buttons at will. All technical sides of the game are lost, even getting to a higher level and facing better players it just becomes a hugging fest because grappling defense are ridiculously biased towards success for the attacking grappler. You can't even deny a clinch attempt meaning someone like Jon Jones can pretty much grab you at will. Its really becoming apparent that the hardcore fan base for the entire franchise can go and screw themselves because they're getting more money and players with their new system. Good luck sustaining the game with that.