EA Forums - Banner

career mode update

- ranking update (ex. Charles Oliveira in Lightweight just to name a name but there are many out of place) with the right positions and fights in the right categories.
- give the player the opportunity to provoke other fighters on social networks to create rivalries and possible encounters.
- Being able to choose shorts even in career mode matches.

Replies

• You are asking for things people have asked day 1 and the call out was the biggest let down possible and they said this was going to be in the game so they will NEVER FIX CAREER.
  • @EA_Blueberry
  • EA_Blueberry
    4641 posts EA Community Manager
    I'm not aware of any upcoming changes planned for career mode. The dev mentioned in Discord career mode actually gets a lot of resources from the entire UFC team, however it's a game mode that's not played as much when compared to all others. When players get through their career they generally move on to online fighting, unless they are a specific individual that enjoys the offline game modes. With that being said, it's possible there could still be updates in the future on career mode but their primary focus is on other aspects of the game at the moment.
  • [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2194106"]I'm not aware of any upcoming changes planned for career mode. The dev mentioned in Discord career mode actually gets a lot of resources from the entire UFC team, however it's a game mode that's not played as much when compared to all others. When players get through their career they generally move on to online fighting, unless they are a specific individual that enjoys the offline game modes. With that being said, it's possible there could still be updates in the future on career mode but their primary focus is on other aspects of the game at the moment. [/quote]

I think some players are focusing on other game modes because the career mode is not particularly curated. I personally like playing both online and offline
  • And that's what is wrong. Career mode should have been the biggest selling point. But thats not an ea problem that's every video game maker these days, cater to online multiplayer. Maybe makers should consider going back to selling just parts like fight night champion was, where I could buy just story mode for like 5 bucks instead of 20 for the whole game knowing I would never play online.
  • Today for for instance I have a game on a desk start playing I have to stop go into the online store to download the next set of story missions. Why sell a physical copy of a game if it does nothing
  • But it made sure all online functions i.e pvp were downloaded and ready to go asap