EA Forums - Banner

Hard to get better in UFC4

I remember a dude i used to play on UFC3 named "Romero" something, he used to wash me Everytime we fought, i think by the time ufc4 came out this dude beat me maybe 20 times, but Everytime he beat me i learned something new, i remember i had him in stack guard and he caught a punch and turned it into a submission and i didn't even know you could do that before i played him, so afterwards i went out of my way to learn how to avoid them and do them so i could do it to my next opponent. I bring this up because the way i learn to play any fighting game is by playing against guys better than me and watching what they do and then I either mimic their techniques or learn how to counter them, but in UFC4 its like most guys with higher rankings than me or the guys beating me are just using imbalances in the game to win. I played a guy with a level 50 purple diamond, and when the fight started i was like "either this guy sucks or I got really really good" and after he/she realized i knew what i was doing, here came the clinch spamming, then I'd start to sway from the clinch and then they'd start with the spinning elbow and knee elbow, then i was like ohhhhh, this is how they got to that level. Idk man i just really like mma but i don't really like this game but i get so pumped after a ufc event i get on just to be disappointed again, so i post on here thinking it'll change something

Replies

• Dock-Zom
    268 posts Member
    If you thought this was gonna be an mma simulator then clearly you haven’t been paying attention to the literature
  • Dock-Zom
    268 posts Member
    This is UFC 4 where the people that play warzone and pay for cosmetics voices matter . It doesn’t matter if you are a die hard fan or have been following them since they released ufc 1 in 2014 . It’s about how many kids can we get to play this and win easily lol .

You like realistic stamina and ground and pound we’ll forget that kids don’t even know what that is so let’s add a submit , ground and pound and posture up so they know that this is all that matters .
  • you make the mistake of thinking that the level has anything to do with skill. he is a noob and therefore he is fighting you. Being a purple level 50 is a matter of playing a lot, not of winning
  • Dock-Zom wrote: »
    If you thought this was gonna be an mma simulator then clearly you haven’t been paying attention to the literature

No, the point of this post is comparing the top guys i played against in ufc4 and the top in ufc3. Ufc3 guys were washing me because they could read the combos i was throwing, mixed up their shots etc, playing them normally taught me something new I'm not saying there weren't guys who didn't play cheap in ufc3 but in ufc4 when i get to division 16 and higher it's almost expected, neither game is a simulation I'm just complaining that ufc4 is too open to exploits especially being almost a year old
  • bandszky wrote: »
    you make the mistake of thinking that the level has anything to do with skill. he is a noob and therefore he is fighting you. Being a purple level 50 is a matter of playing a lot, not of winning

The only indication i have outside of ranked is that level indicator, i mean he can't be a noob (if i understand the word correctly) if his diamond is purple. I mean he won the fight against me based off the tactics he resorted to after seeing the way he was playing before wasn't working, so just going off that i assume the clinch spam +elbow/knee spam is the ace up his sleeve, I'm complaining because the way he decided to fight shouldn't have been as effective as it was