EA Forums - Banner

UFC 4 Ratings Update!

EA_Blueberry
4743 posts EA Community Manager
Hey, UFC 4 fans.

Here is the latest ratings update. Brought to you by the legend himself, D.C.

Replies

• Can you explain why you keep trying to make this game more arcade stand and bang block break garbage?

Today was the final straw, man.

Horrible.

Some subs were op - mostly chokes - but how can you justify this?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @GlassJoeGOAT

Which fighters do you think are OP with chokes that should have ratings adjustments?
  • @EA_Blueberry

No, i think submissions are grossly underpowered now. Only some chokes (standing guillotine, rnc, gogo, north south chokes) needed tuning to be less powerful. Now a jiu jitsu vanguard cannot armbar cm punk with full grapple advantage. The game is already biased towards volume stikers and anti grappler. i was ok with that. I also understand some people strictly took advantage of certain grappling exploits which made some people hate the ground game. You addressed the exploits but made already underpowered submissions even easier for all these stand and bang bums to escape. Now it is unplayable for me.
  • EA_Blueberry
    @EA_Blueberry

No, i think submissions are grossly underpowered now. Only some chokes (standing guillotine, rnc, gogo, north south chokes) needed tuning to be less powerful. Now a jiu jitsu vanguard cannot armbar cm punk with full grapple advantage. The game is already biased towards volume stikers and anti grappler. i was ok with that. I also understand some people strictly took advantage of certain grappling exploits which made some people hate the ground game. You addressed the exploits but made already underpowered submissions even easier for all these stand and bang bums to escape. Now it is unplayable for me.

Are you saying the standing guillotine should be less powerful even after the latest fighter update (yesterday)? It sounds like you've played since then, just want to double-check. Your feedback seems to indicate you're not happy with all the changes made to submissions in that update.

The standing guillotine being abused was something I've seen on these forums, the Answers HQ, Reddit, and Discord. The development team will observe community feedback and determine whether it aligns with data they see in game to help determine them if changes are required.

If you can, drop your feedback on the changes in this post below. We're currently discussing this on the fighter ratings post which is unrelated. I'll make sure the team gets the feedback posted from this link below:

https://forums.ea.com/en/ufc/discussion/272813/ufc-4-fighter-update-07-08-2021/p1?new=1
  • GlassJoeGOAT
    14 posts Member
    edited July 12
    @EA_Blueberry

- the guillotine is not the issue. It was was op but i never relied on cheese subs to win. Some chokes were in need of tuning and they were adequately addressed. I agree with you doing that.

- the armbar from mount, the triangle armbar, and the side saddle armbar were NOT in need of tuning. I feel like you just made it easier for people with no ground skills. A cop out for the DNFers. There are only two high percentage submissions left now. I have developed a method over 11 months and these tunings negate most of my set ups and execution of joint subs. It is really frustrating to see you change submissions now for the 5th time but the unrealistic volume striking, the block breaks, and the gnp remain untouched.
    Post edited by GlassJoeGOAT on