EA Forums - Banner

UFC 3

I don't think people get it. This hardly emulates the sport of MMA. Isn't this supposed to be a simulation game? Or am I wrong. I feel like this is just Mortal Kombat but with improve graphics and fighters from the UFC. I don't know what to think. Where's THQ at, they still around?

Replies

• Nothing like mortal kombat, this is a great game. Well online it is anyway, never played it offline
  • BoomsticKiller
    104 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Nothing like mortal kombat, this is a great game. Well online it is anyway, never played it offline

Of course you enjoy it, it was tailor made for the 5% of you that play online multiplayer! The entire game, down to every single mechanic has been fine tuned and balanced just for multiplayer! That pesky, franchise destroying vocal minority :#

The other 95% of us that bought it for its afterthought single player that’s been crippled by heavy multiplayer balancing and featuring the most flawed AI ever to be seen in a video game aren’t having a very good time though :/

• KnocksYOUoutCold
    360 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't think people get it. This hardly emulates the sport of MMA. Isn't this supposed to be a simulation game? Or am I wrong. I feel like this is just Mortal Kombat but with improve graphics and fighters from the UFC. I don't know what to think. Where's THQ at, they still around?

THQ has been out of business for years, they went bankrupt two years after the release of UFC Undisputed 3 for unknown reasons. Dana White actually went to the CEO of EA at the time (years before THQ was given the contract) and proposed making a UFC game and they turned it down stating that MMA was not a real sport and would not last. We all know how wrong they were now, as THQ made the three best MMA games ever made.
    Post edited by KnocksYOUoutCold on
  • I don't think people get it. This hardly emulates the sport of MMA. Isn't this supposed to be a simulation game? Or am I wrong. I feel like this is just Mortal Kombat but with improve graphics and fighters from the UFC. I don't know what to think. Where's THQ at, they still around?

THQ has been out of business for years, they went bankrupt two years after the release of UFC Undisputed 3 for unknown reasons. Dana White actually went to the CEO of EA at the time (years before THQ was given the contract) and proposed making a UFC game and they turned it down stating that MMA was not a real sport and would not last. We all know how wrong they were now, as THQ made the three best MMA games ever made.

Actually THQ is back and just recently bought a bunch of games back from other game companies that they used to make like saints row and stuff like that....they are called THQ Nordic now and with how bad EA did last year and with Disney threatening to take star wars away from ea maybe UFC will follow suit and give ufc games back to THQ....we can only hope.
  • I don't think people get it. This hardly emulates the sport of MMA. Isn't this supposed to be a simulation game? Or am I wrong. I feel like this is just Mortal Kombat but with improve graphics and fighters from the UFC. I don't know what to think. Where's THQ at, they still around?

Actually THQ is back and just recently bought a bunch of games back from other game companies that they used to make like saints row and stuff like that....they are called THQ Nordic now and with how bad EA did last year and with Disney threatening to take star wars away from ea maybe UFC will follow suit and give ufc games back to THQ....we can only hope.

What!? Really? Ladies and gents our prayers may just have been answered, as the company that made THE best MMA game ever: UFC Undisputed 3 is back. We can only hope that the UFC license is safely returned to the only company to do MMA justice...THQ

What!? Really? Ladies and gents our prayers may just have been answered, as the company that made THE best MMA game ever: UFC Undisputed 3 is back. We can only hope that the UFC license is safely returned to the only company to do MMA justice...THQ

Yep you can even look it up lol I think a week ago they purchased back the rights to some of there old games.
  • If THQ can get their online servers sorted out they could easily crush the garbage EA has been giving us for mma games since they got UFC. EA mma was awesome but these new games suck.
  • If THQ can get their online servers sorted out they could easily crush the garbage EA has been giving us for mma games since they got UFC. EA mma was awesome but these new games suck.

I think it's pretty funny, EA MMA was the only MMA game made by EA to actually give THQ's Undisputed series a run for their money in terms of: player base, CAF options, and gameplay. I think it's sad that none of the current UFC titles made by EA have even come close to what THQ produced on the now very outdated Xbox 360 some eight or nine years ago.