EA Forums - Banner

Silver bonuses & fighters... Unicorns?

So I can't help but notice two of the most important things in regards to earning Gold fighters are practically unicorns. The first being Silver bonuses. I purposefully buy consumable packs to try to get silver bonuses to craft the tokens required to get Gold fighters. I can't help but notice they are few and far between and at this point it seems intentional. Why you may ask? Because I have an over abundance of silver perks, silver boosts, and silver moves (none of which are ever used because everything I have equipped is gold). So its obvious everything else is prioritized over the bonuses. And in the beginning thats fine. But I'm over 500 fights deep and in division 6.... safe to say I could use a more even distribution since all I do is craft tokens to try to get something good since the card packs are a joke. And the same goes with Silver fighters, something heavily required in getting the champion unlocks on many of the champions and heavily required to craft tokens to receive Gold fighters.

You guys have no problem with drowning me in bronze piles of garbage though. Again, stop putting elements into your game that obviously steer consumers to your micro transactions. Your micro transactions should be there as an option, not a necessity.

Replies

• Kh3ll
    381 posts Member
    So I can't help but notice two of the most important things in regards to earning Gold fighters are practically unicorns. The first being Silver bonuses. I purposefully buy consumable packs to try to get silver bonuses to craft the tokens required to get Gold fighters. I can't help but notice they are few and far between and at this point it seems intentional. Why you may ask? Because I have an over abundance of silver perks, silver boosts, and silver moves (none of which are ever used because everything I have equipped is gold). So its obvious everything else is prioritized over the bonuses. And in the beginning thats fine. But I'm over 500 fights deep and in division 6.... safe to say I could use a more even distribution since all I do is craft tokens to try to get something good since the card packs are a joke. And the same goes with Silver fighters, something heavily required in getting the champion unlocks on many of the champions and heavily required to craft tokens to receive Gold fighters.

You guys have no problem with drowning me in bronze piles of garbage though. Again, stop putting elements into your game that obviously steer consumers to your micro transactions. Your micro transactions should be there as an option, not a necessity.

I agree with you 100% on everything in you first paragraph. Gold fighter drop rate is terrible. The complete over abundance of everything silver and bronze but the bonuses.

I don't however see how that pushes you to micro transactions. You still get the same packs that have all the same issues. The only difference is you don't have to put any work in to get them. That's just my opinion though.
    I have mental health disabilities that prevent me from leaving the house. I like to play UFC 3 Ultimate Team, so I do. Probably too much.
  • But that's the whole purpose of micro transactions to begin with. Its to cut out the work for the player and make money for the company... an already shady business practice in my opinion. But when that is a system in the game, the fact there are uneven drop rates for what seems like unanimously the most needed items just comes off as intentional and shady to me.

Seriously think about it. Getting the coins to purchase fighter packs (especially some of these special 12,000 coin packs) takes a long while while. And when you work full time and play multiple games, its even more of a pain. Once you get the packs, they are completely random so the odds of you getting anything you actually want is really very thin. The items people actually need for crafting what they want (if they're lucky enough to get what they want) are more rare than not.

And the one mechanic of the game that could be the saving grace, Item Scouting, is so over priced the tab to enter it is collecting dust. Really think about Item Scouting for a second. It is the one and only way to consistently acquire specific cards you want. The way its set up? Well, you have to first spend real money to lock a card in place (if you don't there's no way you'll get it without just having coins ahead of time and getting lucky). After spending real money to lock the card in place, you have to put an unreasonable amount of time in to acquire the amount of coins needed for the absurdly priced items (i.e. 150,000 coins for one gold fighter). And then you have micro transactions, the monetary fast track to getting the packs you need to maybe be lucky enough to get the items you want. It is basically Battlefront 2 all over again.
  • Kh3ll
    381 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    But that's the whole purpose of micro transactions to begin with. Its to cut out the work for the player and make money for the company... an already shady business practice in my opinion. But when that is a system in the game, the fact there are uneven drop rates for what seems like unanimously the most needed items just comes off as intentional and shady to me.

Seriously think about it. Getting the coins to purchase fighter packs (especially some of these special 12,000 coin packs) takes a long while while. And when you work full time and play multiple games, its even more of a pain. Once you get the packs, they are completely random so the odds of you getting anything you actually want is really very thin. The items people actually need for crafting what they want (if they're lucky enough to get what they want) are more rare than not.

And the one mechanic of the game that could be the saving grace, Item Scouting, is so over priced the tab to enter it is collecting dust. Really think about Item Scouting for a second. It is the one and only way to consistently acquire specific cards you want. The way its set up? Well, you have to first spend real money to lock a card in place (if you don't there's no way you'll get it without just having coins ahead of time and getting lucky). After spending real money to lock the card in place, you have to put an unreasonable amount of time in to acquire the amount of coins needed for the absurdly priced items (i.e. 150,000 coins for one gold fighter). And then you have micro transactions, the monetary fast track to getting the packs you need to maybe be lucky enough to get the items you want. It is basically Battlefront 2 all over again.

I totally understand what you are saying. I wasn't trying to suggest that spending money didn't get you there faster. I get the time constraints a lot of people have, which limits the amount of coins they can earn. I was just saying the pack drop rates were the same.

To be honest we are likely going to have this game for 2 years. and its likely to be 6 months or so before 4*s are available in packs. So time is on the side of the patient. Having a bunch of 4-5* cards because you spent money isn't going to give you much incentive to play. IMO it would just get boring.

I am a disabled veteran, so I have significant playing time at my disposal. I do use the Item scouting to fill gaps in my champion sets. It is overpriced I agree.
    I have mental health disabilities that prevent me from leaving the house. I like to play UFC 3 Ultimate Team, so I do. Probably too much.
  • I don't care so much about 4 or 5 star fighters. I care about being able to get the Gold fighters I want. It takes entirely too long to get a gold fighter. And when I do its random (I'm not even considering item scouting as an option because of the price). Which almost always results in a fighter I could care less to get. And to rub it in, all I fight against are fighters I wish I could obtain. Gold Cerrone? Would love one. Instead I get a Gold Tarec Saffedine... great. Gold Anderson Silva? Would sure be awesome to have one... instead I get Ovince St. Priux... stupid.

There should be challenges in place that let you work towards whichever fighter you want. This randomized nonsense is not a good system. It leaves people like me with terrible luck feeling cheated. I literally today used coins to purchase 6 consumable packs. That's 9000 coins spent... All I wanted was a couple silver boosts so I could craft tokens. I didn't even receive 1 silver boost. I received almost nothing but bronze trash. I really hope someone who matters reads this post because there is a serious issue with the randomized items and it needs to be addressed. I don't need the head movement updated I need the reward system updated.
  • Dude you need to buy the $129.99 points pack lolol