EA Forums - Banner

Why Judges are Broken in EA's UFC games.....

vexilleAPPLESEED
49 posts Member
edited March 2019
The reason why the judging system simply does just count significant strikes, and significant strike percentage, and submission is the most obvious way is because EA has leave room in the Judging to account for the Ultimate Team Packs where UFC is basically a pay to win game.

The ultimate packs add additional damage. And according to the EA Developers, the judging system is based off of effectiveness and damage NOT significant strikes, strike percentage, or submissions, etc.

From EA's perspective the Ultimate Team mode is where they make all of the real money off the gamer. So the judging has to work in favor of players who have leveled up their fighters with additional perks, and damages (especially damage). So to get the judging system right, EA starts from what works in Ultimate Team Mode giving two fighters who have spent enough money to guarantee a win, or guarantee the most damage. And then try to make the whole thing make sense all the way down to the single player experience where players are not spending the money and are not doing the "level up pack" game.

So in the end, a player looks at the stats after they've lost a decision and they can't understand how they can out strike percentage wise, and out strike as far as significant strikes and can out grapple the opponent an opponent and still lose. And the answer is the main stat which is (Damage Done) or Impact is not even listed on the stats screen. Those stats are accounted for with the Ultimate Team Packs and part of the Pay-to-Win scheme.

It would have been to obvious if EA had added damage to the Stats screen, or Impact to the Stats screen. Because then it would have been clear to really earn the wins you think you deserve you would have to spend out of pocket money. Because everybody knows that without spending the money, you won't get the real powered up moves.

So instead UFC developers come out with a cover story trying to whitewash the whole situation by saying the judges don't look at significant strikes, or strike percentage etc. Well the question is why don't they?

And if Significant strikes and strike percentage and submission attempts etc aren't the deciding stats then why not add "Damage Given" or "Damage Taken", or Impact as stats on the Stat screen.

Its extremely poor User Interface Design, or creates a Poor User Experience to show the end user a bunch of stats that really don't mean anything to the computer judges, and to hide the true stats that the judges use to make a decision.

So folks the judging is all rigged to account for the powered up, leveled up moves that you have to pay for out of pocket. The judging has to make sense for the Ultimate Fighter mode, and the rest of the modes just have to live with it.

So if I hit you with 100 jabs (the ones that are free and that are level 1), and you hit me with 10 jabs that are level 3 that you paid extra money for, the judging is simple YOU WIN!

The Judges reward those who have spent the most money!!!!
Post edited by EA_Roger on

Replies

• I've heard some great pay to win theories over the last 18 months or so but this tops it all.

Im not gonna lie I laughed after reading the first bit.

Stop making excuses and just get good at what you've got.. If give you £50 to spend on packs now you would be in maybe a slightly better position but I honestly don't understand what people think you get from packs.

I spent maybe £50 in the first couple of months of playing the game but since then I think the only other time I've put money on is a tenner in the no love event. I've been playing pretty casual since the start but more or less every 4 or 5 star fighter or move I have has come from packs or events.

Instead of overthinking something that doesn't really exist in the way you think it does.. Take a step back and think of how you could have changed that game because skill is a huge factor in this game and I've been knocked out by silver fighters with silver moves against my elites more times than my ego would like to admit
  • CAP1313
    115 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The reason why the judging system simply does just count significant strikes, and significant strike percentage, and submission is the most obvious way is because EA has leave room in the Judging to account for the Ultimate Team Packs where UFC is basically a pay to win game.

The ultimate packs add additional damage. And according to the EA Developers, the judging system is based off of effectiveness and damage NOT significant strikes, strike percentage, or submissions, etc.

So folks the judging is all rigged to account for the powered up, leveled up moves that you have to pay for out of pocket. The judging has to make sense for the Ultimate Fighter mode, and the rest of the modes just have to live with it.

So if I hit you with 100 jabs (the ones that are free and that are level 1), and you hit me with 10 jabs that are level 3 that you paid extra money for, the judging is simple YOU WIN!

The Judges reward those who have spent the most money!!!!

First off, how many of your fights make it to decision? I'll have maybe 1 in 20 go the distance, so, who gives a crap? Secondly, if you've really dominated the fight, your fighter WILL win. It's those situations where the fight is too close to call, you might not get the desired result.

Judging isn't perfect in real life UFC either, it's subjective. So, in the words of Mortal Combat - FINISH HIM!

P.S. I've spend $0.00 on packs or bundles and win 6 out of 10 on average.
  • Twiztdcrow
    7 posts New member
    Yea man... decisions are rare.. I commend you for making it to desicion but if you lost a desicion... you shouldn't have allowed it
  • You tough guys are talking like the game doesn’t have an excessive amount of flaws!! Why defend legitimate grips with a flawed judging system. Stop acting like you haven’t gotten a loss to decision when you absolutely destroyed someone!! The system is flawed. Facts ...sigh...
  • Absolutely horrible judging system. Who decided that this was the right plan for judging system? Make this game gut wrenchingly horrid sometimes.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4818 posts EA Community Manager
    Absolutely horrible judging system. Who decided that this was the right plan for judging system? Make this game gut wrenchingly horrid sometimes.

First, the idea of putting more money into the Ultimate Team mode will somehow increase your chances of winning more decisions is false. We went over the scoring system in this post below:

https://forums.ea.com/en/ufc/discussion/214009/judging-decisions-explanation