EA Forums - Banner

This Summer Camp event is a complete mess

KnocksYOUoutCold
430 posts Member
edited May 2019
As a returning player who hasn't touched the game in months, I can honestly say this new UT event is a joke. Just to make the BASIC gold CAF to even start this event I need TWO pages worth of group slot badges and RNG based STAT badges? Let's not mention the fact that for the first Summer Camp event all you needed to create the basic CAF in order to participate were the free badges provided to the player. Now I just found out that this event started what two Weeks ago? So now not only am I already two weeks behind, but now I need to grind just to get the RNG STAT badges and group slot badges necessary to EVEN START the event? So my question to you EA is this: will I have enough time to get a master CAF in this event, or should I just not even bother and go back to playing better games?
Post edited by KnocksYOUoutCold on

Replies

• Technically, you could start this event in the last week and it would make no difference. There's no daily packs or anything, just the weekly solo challanges. These remain for the full duration of the event, as such it doesn't actually matter when you jump into this one.
  • Technically, you could start this event in the last week and it would make no difference. There's no daily packs or anything, just the weekly solo challanges. These remain for the full duration of the event, as such it doesn't actually matter when you jump into this one.

Thanks for the helpful insight bud, I just wanted to make sure with the event already underway that I still have time to get a master CAF and not just wind up with nothing to show for it in the end.
  • CAP1313
    115 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    As a returning player who hasn't touched the game in months, I can honestly say this new UT event is a joke. Just to make the BASIC gold CAF to even start this event I need TWO pages worth of group slot badges and RNG based STAT badges? Let's not mention the fact that for the first Summer Camp event all you needed to create the basic CAF in order to participate were the free badges provided to the player. Now I just found out that this event started what two Weeks ago? So now not only am I already two weeks behind, but now I need to grind just to get the RNG STAT badges and group slot badges necessary to EVEN START the event? So my question to you EA is this: will I have enough time to get a master CAF in this event, or should I just not even bother and go back to playing better games?

Just like you, I quit playing this game a couple of months ago and just came back to see what kind of Summer Camp event they'd do. I've done all the easy and normal challenges and don't have enough to get even one gold fighter!! It's a carrot they dangle in front of your face. I HATE the grind, I don't want to spend hours every day, harvesting coins for their packs and will never pay a penny. So, I'll stay in this until the event is over to see whether I'd be able to get one Master level CAF. If not, UFC 3 is dead to me.
  • CAP1313 wrote: »

Just like you, I quit playing this game a couple of months ago and just came back to see what kind of Summer Camp event they'd do. I've done all the easy and normal challenges and don't have enough to get even one gold fighter!! It's a carrot they dangle in front of your face. I HATE the grind, I don't want to spend hours every day, harvesting coins for their packs and will never pay a penny. So, I'll stay in this until the event is over to see whether I'd be able to get one Master level CAF. If not, UFC 3 is dead to me.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the ridiculous requirements necessary to even start participating in this event. Like you I'm gonna buckle down and go through the tedious task of grinding just to see what comes from EA's last ditch effort at a clear cash grab(l guess that new bill targeting their lootboxes and p2w schemes has them scared)
  • Unless you spend a decent amount of money, have time to grind for coins all day, or they give you master tokens in the next two solo events most people won’t ever get the CAF they actually wanted at all this game, which is supposed to be the whole point of ultimate team. Credit to EA on the fighting system, I really like the gameplay mechanics. But ultimate team would have been waaayy better if they focused more on letting people use CAFs rather than incentivizing every weight class to use the same exact fighter. Conor McGregor vs Conor McGregor gets old pretty fast.
  • Oh yeah, you won't be able to complete the whole thing legit though. But neither will people who did it from the start. That's just standard ea practices though, as I'm sure you're aware.
  • dafuge1
    340 posts Member
    I'm wondering if I'll even be able to get the gold CAF!
  • dafuge1 wrote: »

EA4THEPLAYERS :D
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    dafuge1 wrote: »

You and I both bud, my last badge needed for the basic CAF is the submission group badge but this game has the worst submission system ever designed so I'm dreading having to get it.
  • Shwame83
    74 posts Member
    Is it even legel for EA to run this event like this??? It’s basically gambling and forcing people to spend money to buy packs. Man EA got sooooo greedy.
  • Shwame83 wrote: »
    Is it even legel for EA to run this event like this??? It’s basically gambling and forcing people to spend money to buy packs. Man EA got sooooo greedy.

Once the bill passes making loot boxes and p2w schemes illegal (which is continuing to gain support) yes it will be. Until then, EA is probably going to increase those schemes for as long as they can.
  • CAP1313
    115 posts Member
    Finally got my GOLD CAF!! There is only one Solo challenge left in this event and chances of getting even an Elite fighter are remote. I already had figured out the disgusting practices of this company, but wanted to give the game one more try after two months off. This may sound ridiculous, but unless I'm able to get a Master level CAF w/o spending a penny (which I never do) or grinding for hours on end (which I have no desire to do), this is it for me...
  • Shwame83
    74 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I’m actually grinding the crap outta single player and need 1 more Arm card for elite and then somehow have to put together 6 leg cards to get the master striker I want, dunno if it’s gonna be possible. Grinding single player really sucks, it’s zero fun whatsoever. Not many people are gonna get a master fighter out of this season which is ridiculous, we should be able to get a master just from doing all the challenges, EA aren’t even giving us 1 daily pack for this one, the greed they’re showing hoping people buy bundles is just off putting all around. God I hope this loot crate garbage becomes illegal and the devs are forced to make great games instead of half finished trash full of loot crate buying systems. If EA had used half the time they wasted on Ultimate loot crate pay to win mode on getting the broken unrealistic garbage grappling system from UFC 2 fixed instead of the copy paste job they did with 3 then we’d have the best mma game ever but the cheese holds it back.

[edited for profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • WaterIAm
    332 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Shwame83 wrote: »
    I’m actually grinding the crap outta single player and need 1 more Arm card for elite and then somehow have to put together 6 leg cards to get the master striker I want, dunno if it’s gonna be possible. Grinding single player really sucks, it’s zero fun whatsoever. Not many people are gonna get a master fighter out of this season which is ridiculous, we should be able to get a master just from doing all the challenges, EA aren’t even giving us 1 daily pack for this one, the greed they’re showing hoping people buy bundles is just off putting all around. God I hope this loot crate garbage becomes illegal and the devs are forced to make great games instead of half finished trash full of loot crate buying systems. If EA had used half the time they wasted on Ultimate loot crate pay to win mode on getting the broken unrealistic garbage grappling system from UFC 2 fixed instead of the copy paste job they did with 3 then we’d have the best mma game ever but the cheese holds it back.

I feel ya on single player, the ai is a mind reader.
    Funny thing about single player is i was at level 999
    And thought maybe we get something better than basic pack for maxing out levels.
    Nope it stops just short of going to the next level and no packs, nothing for maxing out as far as you can.
    Just the unsatisfying feeling of always seeing yourself just under level 1000.

[Edited quote]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • CAP1313
    115 posts Member
    WaterIAm wrote: »
    I’m actually grinding th #$&* outta single player and need 1 more Arm card for elite and then somehow have to put together 6 leg cards to get the master striker I want, dunno if it’s gonna be possible. Grinding single player really sucks, it’s zero fun whatsoever. Not many people are gonna get a master fighter out of this season which is ridiculous, we should be able to get a master just from doing all the challenges, EA aren’t even giving us 1 daily pack for this one, the greed they’re showing hoping people buy bundles is just off putting all around. God I hope this loot crate garbage becomes illegal and the devs are forced to make great games instead of half finished trash full of loot crate buying systems. If EA had used half the time they wasted on Ultimate loot crate pay to win mode on getting the broken unrealistic garbage grappling system from UFC 2 fixed instead of the copy paste job they did with 3 then we’d have the best mma game ever but the cheese holds it back.

And thought maybe we get something better than basic pack for maxing out levels.
    Nope it stops just short of going to the next level and no packs, nothing for maxing out as far as you can.

It's their way of "rewarding" you with the middle finger vs say $100,000 for putting yourself through this garbage for a year or more...
  • Kristek91
    219 posts Member
    This game is dead and what is even more funny that as You all can see EA is not even trying to bring it back alive. There are only few players active and devs are trying to drain their money as much as possible..
  • I’ll grind before I pay but it’s usually such a ridiculous grind that it’s not worth it for most people and just keeps people away.
  • WaterIAm
    332 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    CAP1313 wrote: »
    WaterIAm wrote: »
    I’m actually grinding th #$&* outta single player and need 1 more Arm card for elite and then somehow have to put together 6 leg cards to get the master striker I want, dunno if it’s gonna be possible. Grinding single player really sucks, it’s zero fun whatsoever. Not many people are gonna get a master fighter out of this season which is ridiculous, we should be able to get a master just from doing all the challenges, EA aren’t even giving us 1 daily pack for this one, the greed they’re showing hoping people buy bundles is just off putting all around. God I hope this loot crate garbage becomes illegal and the devs are forced to make great games instead of half finished trash full of loot crate buying systems. If EA had used half the time they wasted on Ultimate loot crate pay to win mode on getting the broken unrealistic garbage grappling system from UFC 2 fixed instead of the copy paste job they did with 3 then we’d have the best mma game ever but the cheese holds it back.

It's their way of "rewarding" you with the middle finger vs say $100,000 for putting yourself through this garbage for a year or more...

Lol your right, that's their perfect thank you to a customer who endured all the changes from the beta to the pre order and every event since for a year and a half......

Post edited by WaterIAm on
  • I'll never understand why they do these sort of practises. This game already has a poor player base, the fans that are still playing are true fans, especially given the disgusting things EA have pulled prior in this games lifecycle. As such you'd have thought that EA would show us a little respect. EA lose NO money by being fair in their events. Should they want to include purchaseable packs as a shortcut in these events then fine, have at it, the people who want to skip things, allow them. But don't force the dedicated players, the players that have put the hours into the game, don't force them to HAVE to buy packs to complete and event. It's disgusting, there is NO other business industry that opperates like this, smacking the fans in the face constantly with greed.
  • Paltsari
    323 posts Member
    I'm a firm believer in EA. They will make it all good when UFC 4 comes out. The UT experience will be one for the ages...

tenor.gif?itemid=9157582