EA Forums - Banner

Glaring issue found with this event

KnocksYOUoutCold
430 posts Member
edited May 2019
Let's say you are trying to make an Arm slot group badge, and you have 5/6 necessary stat badges needed to complete the set. If you go over to the exchange badges tab and don't have any extra stat badges then the game uses two badges from the five you are already using to make the Arm slot group badge in the exchange. This unfortunately leaves you with 3/6 badges for the set, so now you'll have to grind packs in order to replace the badges you lost. Was this done on purpose? If not this needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. The game should not take my badges already in use in order to make a badge exchange, that's called a VERY poorly designed mechanic.

Replies

• Wait when you trade in two stat badges for one does it seriously pick them at random? Is that what you’re implying? Or do you get to choose the two you trade in and this you pick the stats you have more than enough in?
  • Wait when you trade in two stat badges for one does it seriously pick them at random? Is that what you’re implying? Or do you get to choose the two you trade in and this you pick the stats you have more than enough in?

You can choose which stat badges are used in the exchange, BUT if you choose one or two that are already being used to make a group slot badge and you don't have any extra stat badges then when you go to complete the exchange the game takes one or two stat badges away from the badges you already put in a slot to make the Arm group slot badge or any of the group slot badges.

Example: I want to make the Arm slot group badge, I already have 5/6 stat badges needed but because I don't have any extra badges when I go to exchange random badges for the last one I need to complete the set the game will take two away from the five I'm already using. Now I only have 3/6 badges in the Arm group slot tab. Make sense?
  • Basically the game takes away stat badges that you are already using if you don't have extra badges to make an exchange.
  • Paltsari
    323 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Knocks... You are doing it wrong and understanding it wrong. It is hard to explain via text as you just have a logic failure on the issue.

But let us try. First things first. Don't use stat cards that you will still need. For example if I'm to craft Master CAF with Leg Slot => I will need a lot of Leg Badges. I calculated around 12 maybe (unconfirmed) for the whole process from Gold Caf -> Elite Caf -> Master Caf. That would mean 12 stat cards OF EACH stand up stat.

If I have 10 Speed cards, there is no sense using them on the exchange even if I have a lot of them. Only use cards you definitely will not need later when you are crafting the remaining badges. For speed I would still need 2 more and exchanging some of them away now just means I will need to add them later.

For the disappearing thing... Let say that I need combined of three Takedown Badges (yet, just a random number but making a Striker or Brawler u need much less Takedown and Submission Badges). I will need 3 of every ground stat. If I have 5 Submission Defense Badges and convert two of them for random badge, I will still have enough to complete the three Takedown badges. It doesn't matter if one disappears from the craft slot, as I can replace it from the ones I have left.

It is the same with Elite Champions cards. If I have two Cormiers and one is in the slot for Elite Jon Jones... And I use him to craft a gold Token... He will disappear from the Jones slot, but I can replace him with the other one. No harm done.

Just be sure that you don't convert those stat cards if you still need them later. Just use the ones you are SURE you won't be needing anymore. I just converted a buck load of Clinch Controls and Takedown Defenses as I won't be needing em. But I wouldn't craft my Footwork cards as I still need 9 of them and only have 7.
  • Paltsari wrote: »
    Knocks... You are doing it wrong and understanding it wrong. It is hard to explain via text as you just have a logic failure on the issue.

But let us try. First things first. Don't use stat cards that you will still need. For example if I'm to craft Master CAF with Leg Slot => I will need a lot of Leg Badges. I calculated around 12 maybe (unconfirmed) for the whole process from Gold Caf -> Elite Caf -> Master Caf. That would mean 12 stat cards OF EACH stand up stat.

If I have 10 Speed cards, there is no sense using them on the exchange even if I have a lot of them. Only use cards you definitely will not need later when you are crafting the remaining badges. For speed I would still need 2 more and exchanging some of them away now just means I will need to add them later.

For the disappearing thing... Let say that I need combined of three Takedown Badges (yet, just a random number but making a Striker or Brawler u need much less Takedown and Submission Badges). I will need 3 of every ground stat. If I have 5 Submission Defense Badges and convert two of them for random badge, I will still have enough to complete the three Takedown badges. It doesn't matter if one disappears from the craft slot, as I can replace it from the ones I have left.

It is the same with Elite Champions cards. If I have two Cormiers and one is in the slot for Elite Jon Jones... And I use him to craft a gold Token... He will disappear from the Jones slot, but I can replace him with the other one. No harm done.

Just be sure that you don't convert those stat cards if you still need them later. Just use the ones you are SURE you won't be needing anymore. I just converted a buck load of Clinch Controls and Takedown Defenses as I won't be needing em. But I wouldn't craft my Footwork cards as I still need 9 of them and only have 7.

Unfortunately that's not the case, it's not an error in my logic but rather a flaw in the event mechanics. Due to the game not having a way to mark or keep track of stat badges you've already placed in a slot, when the time comes to make an exchange if you don't have any extra badges(some not already used in a slot) or if you use a duplicate badge(but accidentally chose the one already in a slot) the game will take stat badges from those already in a slot in order to complete the exchange instead of denying it. As a player I should not have to keep track of which badges I have already placed in a slot when doing an exchange, as those badges already in a slot should not be a viable option during an exchange. If I have every available badge I own in a slot then an exchange should not even be possible to complete. Again, there is no flaw in my logic but the game's event mechanics.
  • Paltsari
    323 posts Member
    They are easily calculated even when equipped in slots. Never thought counting would be a problem.
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Paltsari wrote: »
    They are easily calculated even when equipped in slots. Never thought counting would be a problem.

I never said counting was the issue bud, you're confused. I simply stated that the game should be able to track or mark with an icon the badges I already have placed in a slot, or at the very least the game should not use the badges already in a slot when making an exchange.
  • EA did take the greedy route this time (unsupprising), the stat icons you get from the challanges will never drop certain ones, I think it's Power or Speed for the arm/leg badge, and sub def for the ground slots. As such, you are forced to either buy packs or transfer two randoms token for a token. Essentially, it's impossible to complete this challange without spending money or coins on packs. And even then your chances are super slim.
  • Paltsari
    323 posts Member
    Switch Stance has been the one reported most. I did have challenges with it too, but then I got few in a very short span. My experience before has been that there will be one card/shard that is hard to get, but it will switch up at some point and start to give it more. I think its more random than we make it out to be.
  • CAP1313
    115 posts Member
    Let's say you are trying to make an Arm slot group badge, and you have 5/6 necessary stat badges needed to complete the set. If you go over to the exchange badges tab and don't have any extra stat badges then the game uses two badges from the five you are already using to make the Arm slot group badge in the exchange. This unfortunately leaves you with 3/6 badges for the set, so now you'll have to grind packs in order to replace the badges you lost. Was this done on purpose? If not this needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. The game should not take my badges already in use in order to make a badge exchange, that's called a VERY poorly designed mechanic.

I got completely screwed over. After having done Easy and Normal Challenges, I ended up with all the groups needing one more badge: HM for stand up and Bot for ground. STUPIDLY, I decided to risk trading all the extra badges I had, hoping to get the ones I need in return. I WASTED ALL my extra badges, without getting a ONE of the ones I needed!!!! SHAME ON ME for thinking this game would be designed with any other result in mind.
  • WaterIAm
    332 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    CAP1313 wrote: »

I got completely screwed over. After having done Easy and Normal Challenges, I ended up with all the groups needing one more badge: HM for stand up and Bot for ground. STUPIDLY, I decided to risk trading all the extra badges I had, hoping to get the ones I need in return. I WASTED ALL my extra badges, without getting a ONE of the ones I needed!!!! SHAME ON ME for thinking this game would be designed with any other result in mind.

I have needed 5 switch stances for 2 weeks and now need 4.
    2 weeks of challenges and grinding and trading has netted me 1 damn switch stance.
    I spent 60k on a master pack cause why not, maybe i get a switch stance in that one lol

I got an elite spinning elbow who some might love, but i dont use.

Anyways i feel for you, i might try to grind some tonight. This event is a money grabber.
  • WaterIAm
    332 posts Member
    All switch stances aquired.....lol finaaaaaaallly!
    Should I say screw the challenges tomorrow and use a wild card on the final striking card just to be done with this event?

What ya think?
  • Paltsari
    323 posts Member
    No, don't do it.
  • WaterIAm
    332 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I did it and it felt so good to say bye to this event.
  • Yea this event is terrible. Last year it was enough to do the challenges and claim free pack daily and it was fair imo but this time its most likely money grabber