EA Forums - Banner

Give The Single Player UT Community The Ability To Earn Wild Cards

KnocksYOUoutCold
430 posts Member
edited June 2019
I'm tired of making this OBVIOUS point but here goes: NEWS FLASH EA not everyone plays competitive UT and as such not everyone has access to Wild Cards. The fact that half of the player base has the ability to earn something the other half can't simply because they choose to play a particular game mode over another is COMPLETELY unfair and unbalanced. The ability to earn Wild Cards has allowed the competitive player base to earn high level Champion and other CAFs that the Single Player UT community simply can't, and this massive oversight has continued to create unbalanced matchmaking against the CPU. With this new event new or returning players(like myself) will be driven away by the inability to earn a master CAF in time to make matchmaking against other player's Master CAF CPU a fair experience. While it's true that there would need to be restrictions in order to keep the competitive UT community from farming Single Player UT for extra Wild Cards, the fact still remains that the ability to earn Wild Cards should NEVER have been limited to one half of the player base. If any EA devs fail to see the logic in my proposal, then by all means I am more than happy to fly out to your headquarters and explain to upper management why my simple request is the FAIR and BALANCED thing to do.

Replies

• WaterIAm
    332 posts Member
    Your logic is spot on.
    The only thing I see is it may be easier to get them vs the a.i. instead of having to beat people BUT everyone would have that opportunity.

Which to your point is what we dont have now..
    no opportunity!

There definitely should be an avenue to get them for the reasons you mention.

Im average and getting better. I have a total of
    1,199 points with a 40 and 41 record in multiplayer.
    Beat 2 in the top 100 last night thats awesome for me.
    But Ive only completed 424 daily objectives for a small amount of wild cards. I couldn't of had more than 10.

In single player I have 36,697 points 999 level.
    An opportunity to earn wild cards in single would have been a huge boost to my potential.

Im a rec player at best, but Ive got dreams man.... big dreams of breaking that top 100 just 1 damn time!! Lol

I completely agree with your suggestion, theres absolutely no reason they cant look out for Single player....

• You are 100% correct. I play solo almost exclusively. But as you say, that limits our abilities to perform in challenges, champion sets and anything else that Wildcards could be ultilised in. And it DOES put you at a disadvantage. In solo you fight what are essentially ghosts. They are ripped from players that have used wildcards to gain many 5 star cards and fighters. As such you are already at a disadvantage in almost every fight you have. This NEEDS to be looked into.
  • You are 100% correct. I play solo almost exclusively. But as you say, that limits our abilities to perform in challenges, champion sets and anything else that Wildcards could be ultilised in. And it DOES put you at a disadvantage. In solo you fight what are essentially ghosts. They are ripped from players that have used wildcards to gain many 5 star cards and fighters. As such you are already at a disadvantage in almost every fight you have. This NEEDS to be looked into.

What's really sad? Is that this is the second or third time I've made this exact point since the game's release, and no one at EA even seems to care. Not one dev has ever bothered to respond to either of my previous posts on this matter, and I highly doubt any of them has a good explanation as to why the Single Player UT community(where the majority of the player base resides) doesn't have the ability to earn Wild Cards AND why we are so completely and continually overlooked and ignored.

Since the game's release I have asked for only two things for the Single Player UT community:

1 The ability to earn Wild Cards in Single Player UT- IGNORED

2 The ability to participate in daily challenges in Single Player UT- Once again completely IGNORED.

I'm not being unreasonable here, I'm simply asking for the Single Player UT community to have the same equal opportunities that the competitive community has when it comes to Wild Cards and Daily Challenges. WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO COMPLETE CHAMPION SETS TOO EA. It's sad, that after a year and a half I have never been able to complete a Champion set because I don't have the ability to earn Wild Cards.