EA Forums - Banner

Not enough opportunity to do damage on the ground

Im more of a wrestler/ ground and pound fighter an i find the new GNP system infuriating. IMO there was nothing wrong with the GNP and SUB system in UFC 3. It feels more fluid in UFC 4 but that is about it! Take the Armbar for instance on a completely drained opponent, he shouldn't be able to pick me up and slam me on ground with no stamina available!! If im on the ground the only way of winning is holding my opponent in side control and spamming elbows until i posture up(and even then you can rarely finish the fight before running out of stamina) or deny until he quits. There is no real Ballance between Standup an the ground game anymore. And all a Standup player has to do is spam two shot combos to finish the Fight. I get that the game its supposed to be more friendly to new players but atm it feels unbalanced towards button spammers and not calculated Fighters

Replies

• Agrees. More damage should be done on the ground..even those small punches
  • BWrizzle
    80 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    The postured up button inputs pre-register on ground like they do on the feet so try using 2 or 3 hit combos on the ground then really go for it when you posture up and he goes red like after the first shot. I kind of understand what you’re saying but when I started using combos on the ground then going for the kill when I know opponent is close, that helped. Plus the majority of my almost 100 losses on OWC have come from GnP and sometimes fast without much prior damage so I know the ability to finish on the ground is very high if you know what you’re doing and even greater if your opponent doesn’t know what they’re doing.
  • BWrizzle wrote: »
    The postured up button inputs pre-register on ground like they do on the feet so try using 2 or 3 hit combos on the ground then really go for it when you posture up and he goes red like after the first shot. I kind of understand what you’re saying but when I started using combos on the ground then going for the kill when I know opponent is close, that helped. Plus the majority of my almost 100 losses on OWC have come from GnP and sometimes fast without much prior damage so I know the ability to finish on the ground is very high if you know what you’re doing and even greater if your opponent doesn’t know what they’re doing.

But listen to how cheesy that is tho . Like you sit there and dodge to wait for your bar to turn blue like what?!? No of that should matter on the ground , there shouldn’t be a timer for how long you can posture Up for . From the time he throws his first shot on the ground I should be able to scrabble or something there needs to be more options then just sitting and waiting for you to get a bar

• Yea it’s frustrating when a boxer who gets submitted with drained stamina can counter or slam jiu jitsu/wrestling expert.i hope they fix it.
  • Dock-Zom wrote: »
    BWrizzle wrote: »

But listen to how cheesy that is tho . Like you sit there and dodge to wait for your bar to turn blue like what?!? No of that should matter on the ground , there shouldn’t be a timer for how long you can posture Up for . From the time he throws his first shot on the ground I should be able to scrabble or something there needs to be more options then just sitting and waiting for you to get a bar

Yea that grappling meter advantage is just ruining the ground game....almost everybody just waiting until it fills up 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Dock-Zom wrote: »
    BWrizzle wrote: »

Yea that grappling meter advantage is just ruining the ground game....almost everybody just waiting until it fills up 🤦🏻‍♂️

Grappling meter is only for quick matches purpose for practice of course. If it's on rank, I absolutely agree. They should get rid of it for sure.