TORQUEFREAK1986 wrote: »
submissions on the ground on hard difficulty is basicly impossible i dont even get close. the AI starts off with full defence bar. we dont have reflexes like computers.
KnocksYOUoutCold wrote: »
Where is the substance? I was expecting FNC levels of storytelling here, with a: compelling storyline, a memorable cast of characters, and intense fights, but what we got is so barebones; it can hardly even be called a "story". Here are my issues with UFC 4's Career Mode:
I'm now on my second Career Mode CAF, and after going 50-0 retiring as the G.O.A.T. in my first Career Mode run through; I'm now forced to ask: exactly what is supposed to be unscripted here? After all of the hype surrounding the "unscripted storyline" I have yet to experience anything even remotely considered "unscripted". So far, every consecutive Career Mode run through plays out the EXACT same way.
I have now seen a number of very scripted cutscenes, all taking place at certain key points in the player's Career starting with: The opening intro cutscenes, their first four Amateur(tutorial) fights(one cutscene for each of the four main MMA disciplines), their WFA Title Shot, their UFC Title shot, their UFC Super Fight(catchweight fight), and finally their retirement fight. Nothing throughout UFC 4's Career Mode is "unscripted", as every major event is played out through fragmented "story" cutscenes(each of which plays out the exact same way regardless of the fighter's gender) and only take place during major milestones in the player's Career. Even the player's first Career Mode fight is always a scripted loss, which ultimately ends up being annoying and meaningless; as the player can do nothing but block or dodge strikes until the end of the fight. This is made worse by the fact that the initial loss doesn't even culminate into a heated rivalry or chance at avenging the loss.
Aside from the intro cutscenes and the scripted cutscenes mentioned above, there are no other meaningful interactions with Coach Davis throughout the rest of the player's career once they officially enter into the UFC; aside from the occasional text message. Sadly he ultimately ends up being relegated to nothing more than a generic coach, shouting out command prompts during training sessions(just like the coaches in UFC 3.)
Where is the ability to start rivalries? Over my 50 fight career I had a total of four rivalries, all of which were started by other fighters calling me out; which only left me with the option to reply back. Why can't I be the one to call out the specific fighters that I want to challenge? Where are the interactive press conferences or pre and post fight interviews? It's 2020 EA and If I'm going to call out another fighter, I should be able to do so in the Octagon after a huge win or at a press conference; NOT just over social media.
Injuring Sparring partners/ Getting Injured:
I have two major complaints here:
1. It is WAY too easy to KO the generic training partners during the various types of sparring mini-games, especially once the player has maxed out their punch/kick speed and power and has acquired some powerful perks. So far this has only been an issue on the "Moderate" difficulty setting and below.
This is absolutely pointless, as the player can't start a rivalry with the generic training partners; so this only serves to limit the types of training mini-games the player can choose from once they accidentally KO one of generic the training partners.
2. Why on Earth does simulating a week with a certain amount of weekly points left result in the player possibly getting injured? In what World does the player deciding to fast forward a week by RESTING result in getting injured? The last time I checked, it's almost impossible to injure yourself by relaxing before a fight.
Why is there no option to simulate these? After while, the training mini-games become stale or repetitive; so having an option to simulate these based on the player's previous results and chosen difficulty should have been an obvious inclusion(just like UFC 2).
No Interactive Weigh-Ins/Cutscenes/Post and Pre fight interviews:
I'm just going to go ahead and say this again: IT'S THE YEAR 2020, so why are these events STILL not fully interactive; especially when they are an integral part of any professional MMA fighter's life these days?
Moving Up and Down Weight Classes:
Why are we only allowed to do this once? There have been a number of UFC fighters both past and present who have changed weight classes on multiple occasions to either defend or challenge for the belt.
Inviting Other Fighters to Your Camp:
While I liked the idea of this feature, it's almost entirely pointless; as most players will only want to learn certain moves before this feature is never used again(I only used it twice my first run through the Career Mode.)
Too Much Money:
Aside from healing injuries and inviting other fighters to their camp, players will eventually end up with too much money and nothing of value to spend it on; especially seeing as how customization options require UFC coins/points to unlock.
My hated enemy returns, as the dreaded Longevity Meter is front and center during the Career Mode in UFC 4; serving as a constant reminder that my fighter's career has a finite end.
While I understand that every career must come to an end, this should have been done organically; through a sit down with Dana White and Coach Davis to discuss the player's retirement after suffering a string of brutal losses via KO or submission(just like with real life UFC fighters.)
Overall I really like what little story is here and while it's true that there are a ton of negatives, I do feel like improvements can and must be made; if this game/game mode is to have any real longevity or replayability. While I'm not entirely sure what changes can be made, here are some suggestions that I have for improving UFC 4's Career Mode:
1. Add more cutscenes and interactions with Coach Davis once the player officially makes it into the UFC.
2. Add interactive: Weigh-Ins, Press Conferences, Post and Pre fight interviews.
3. Add more Career path options, I.e. Strikeforce, One Championship, Pride, BKF
4. Give us the option to simulate training mini-games.
5. Allow the generic training partners to get KO'd without getting injured(Just like UFC 3) and just have the fighters reset position.
6. Allow the players the option to freely change weight classes in order to: defend, vacate, or challenge for other belts in other divisions.
7. Revamp the "invite fighter" feature by allowing players to also learn defensive techniques like: an improved sprawl, intercept Knee, or sprawl to submission attempt ECT.
8. Turn off player injury for simulating weekly training camps.
9. Allow players to spend money on customization options(maybe at an increased cost?)
10. Add an option to turn off the Longevity Meter.
11. Maybe bring back UT? While I never played a single match of competitive UT, I did spend a ton of time grinding for packs and fighter upgrades in the Single Player UT; which kept me engaged enough to play the mode daily. while I understand that EA viewed the game mode as having low interest or player count, as long as it was done right with:
1. Daily rewards and challenges for both Single Player and Competitive UT.
2. Give the Single Player UT community the ability to earn Master CAFs.
3. Regularly scheduled holiday or PPV events in UT.
4. Card pack giveaways or discounts.
5. Matchmaking based on fighter tier I.e. Silver vs Silver or gold vs gold.
6. Cheaper prices on spotlight fighters or moves.
7. Making fighter stats actually matter I.e. if I have max Submission Defense, it should be incredibly difficult to submit me.
As long as these and other balanced changes were made, I see no reason why UT couldn't be added to the game at a later date.
*This is coming from someone who quit UT in UFC 3 because of some of the issues stated above like: the unbalanced matchmaking, fighter stats not mattering(this was a huge Single Player UT issue),the lack of daily challenges, and the inability for the Single Player UT community to earn Master CAFs outside of grinding coins for packs.
What EA needs to realize, is that the players have lost out on an entire game mode in favor of a "story-driven" Career Mode that is sorely lacking in substance; but so as long as the changes above were made I'd have no issue with UT coming to UFC 4 at a much later date(Even though this is unlikely.)
P.S. I'd like to hear your thoughts on my issues and suggestions @EA_Blueberry, maybe you could send this post up to the devs for review? 😁
TORQUEFREAK1986 wrote: »
submissions are not possible on hard. the AIs bar darts around way to fast to even get lucky against. thanks keep up the good work.
MoopMiller wrote: »
I'm doing my second career playthrough and it automatically puts me in UFC, any way i can fix this so I can do WFA without it affecting my record by losing fights to get in there
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.