EA Forums - Banner

Complain of a lone offline player.

Prev13
I am an offline player only and I played UFC only for creating custom CAF's. All the fun I had playing UFC is to have options on how I draft skills, perks and moveset of my CAF, including maxing out all skills to 100. Forcing offline players to choose from archetypes with preset only is seriously limiting creativity on purpose for offline players. Is there anyone who is offline player only and have a similar complain? I guess there is not much of us since EA made a decision to punish offline players like that.

Replies

• Yeah I’m not a fan of preselected move sets either. I get that they want to discourage people from using maxed out CAFs in online play, but if you do a whole career mode, leveling up moves and tailoring your CAF to you, you should be able to use those Moves online. Granted the stats should not be maxed out, but if you made It there, you should have champ level stats
  • > @lung4444 said:
    > Yeah I’m not a fan of preselected move sets either. I get that they want to discourage people from using maxed out CAFs in online play, but if you do a whole career mode, leveling up moves and tailoring your CAF to you, you should be able to use those Moves online. Granted the stats should not be maxed out, but if you made It there, you should have champ level stats

I generally agree, but the point is that I'm not playing the game online, and don't care about it. I play the game offline only and I want to have options - including maxing out my CAF - just as I could do it in previous EA UFC games. Since I'm not playing online then I should have the ability to do this at least offline, right?
  • You do have the ability to do that, you just have to go through career mode first. It makes sense to limit the ability to make maxed out CAFs in create mode if they can brought online immediately. I used to play online a lot, they killed Ut mode in 3 for me with the changes from 2 and it broke my “addiction” to playing competitively. I find it enticing to play career mode several times to see the different paths available, it would be nice to bring those hard earned moves and skills online if I chose to
  • You don't get what I'm saying. I want to randomly customize my CAF offline only. For online matches preset archetypes could stay, since I don't care about it. And I get I can do it in career mode, but it takes time and effort and it's not the same as jumping to "Create a fighter", make a fighter with skills, perks and moveset however I want (including maxed out) and then jump to offline tournament or CPU vs CPU, as I did in previous UFC games. I get I can't play online with my maxed out CAF's, but it should be an option for offline matches with AI.
  • Pre selected works for online but not for offline.

It should get patched in at some point but don't expect it in online play
  • IF you are offline only the sad news it most devs today don't give two **** about you. They need online multiplayer with cosmetic items so they can make $$$$$. How the hell are you going to buy virtual leopard print board shorts without a connection?
  • Even If you go through career mode once your done with it you still can't use that created fighter in any mode outside of career. Which really pissed me off I didn't mind going through it building my fighter from the ground up but to not be able to continue to use it after career mode is ****
  • > @TGFPdan said:
    > IF you are offline only the sad news it most devs today don't give two ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about you. They need online multiplayer with cosmetic items so they can make $$$$$. How the hell are you going to buy virtual leopard print board shorts without a connection?

Unfortunately, that is the sad part of it. I guess there is not that many offline players like me, otherwise limited creativity in creation of your CAF would be much more of an issue and much more players would complain about it. For now, I have no reason to buy UFC 4 at all, and however ridiculous it may sound, that is only because they forcing offline players to use fixed archetypes for offline playing.
  • I sympathize. I actually posted a thread about this issue, among others. Was hoping to see some feedback/responses from devs on it. Nothing yet. Here's the link to the original thread: https://forums.ea.com/en/ufc/discussion/261406/missing-customization-options-that-are-badly-needed#
  • I am mostly an offline player as well. Not a lot of options for offline. We should be able to edit roster fighter stats as well as attire. We have all this ridiculous clown clothing, VERY limiting that only CAF's can use them. (and badly)

I'm not really feeling the CPU vs CPU engine either, I find myself setting it on pro otherwise every fight is a stand up war if set on legendary.

I do like like going online from time to time too beat everyone up but I am a single player/simulation/organization player first. Almost everything I do has to be on spread sheets and I have to keep a 20 sided dice on hand for injury simulation since EA didn't bother to code in a meaningful ranking system for offline players.

It's almost like these developers don't know how to monetize DLC for offline players. Just give us arenas, fighters, customizations, bare knuckle modes, various rulesets, PRIDE mode etc and offline players will buy the **** out of some DLC. It's not rocket science.

These companies are into the cash grab and not really trying to make great games.
  • > @CMK494 said:
    > I sympathize. I actually posted a thread about this issue, among others. Was hoping to see some feedback/responses from devs on it. Nothing yet. Here's the link to the original thread: https://forums.ea.com/en/ufc/discussion/261406/missing-customization-options-that-are-badly-needed#

I saw this thread and the way it just died out shows what I said - that there is not much of us offline players and majority plays online and are ok with preset archetypes. I guess this is the way where video games are heading overall. Unfortunately.
  • > @NukerMMA said:

> I do like like going online from time to time too beat everyone up but I am a single player/simulation/organization player first. Almost everything I do has to be on spread sheets and I have to keep a 20 sided dice on hand for injury simulation since EA didn't bother to code in a meaningful ranking system for offline players.
    >
    > It's almost like these developers don't know how to monetize DLC for offline players. Just give us arenas, fighters, customizations, bare knuckle modes, various rulesets, PRIDE mode etc and offline players will buy the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of some DLC. It's not rocket science.
    >
    > These companies are into the cash grab and not really trying to make great games.

Exactly. For me there was nothing more fun than creating my own offline tournaments, sometimes CPU vs CPU, sometimes involving me playing, mixing real life roster with my CAF's, randomly customize skillset of my CAF, creating hypothetical fights of maxed out CAF for example lightweight with weakened heavyweight CAF, etc. etc. The fun I had playing offline like that seemed to be endless for me, but now where only thing you can do with your CAF skillset is to chose fixed archetype is not only killing the fun, it is killing the entire game for me.
  • I'm also a big offline player and hardly do online modes, I was super excited to see what they did with CAFs for UFC 4 but once I entered create-a-fighter for the first time and went through the options of what I could do it just went downhill from there, pick an archetype, put in their info, sculpt the fighters looks and done. No fine tuning stats, moves or perks. What I loved about the previous installments was the whole creative aspect around CAFs being able to fine tune their fight style, stats and perks to make the fighter you wanted. But now its gone and you make CAF in under 5 mins tops, cool that they added new costumes I guess but I would 100% take being able to fine tune my fighter over all these cosmetics any day.

I also love running my own offline tournament/fights and events with my CAFs and roster fighters and I too keep a record of it on google sheets. I ran an offline event for UFC 4 but the AI is not the greatest in this game, no matter what difficulty I set it to, no matter what type of fighters I pick, it always ends up being a stand-up fight. Grapple type fighters won't shoot for takedowns, they'll engage in the clinch to only strike and the only way they end up on the ground is if the grappler lands a shot that rocks the opponent then they follow up on the ground but won't maintain the position for long and will go back to the feet. I miss the whole "MMA" simulation where there was a mix of all disciplines in the AI.

I wish and hope there are changes, fixes and support for the offline community for UFC 4.
  • > @CageTactics said:
    > I'm also a big offline player and hardly do online modes, I was super excited to see what they did with CAFs for UFC 4 but once I entered create-a-fighter for the first time and went through the options of what I could do it just went downhill from there, pick an archetype, put in their info, sculpt the fighters looks and done. No fine tuning stats, moves or perks. What I loved about the previous installments was the whole creative aspect around CAFs being able to fine tune their fight style, stats and perks to make the fighter you wanted. But now its gone and you make CAF in under 5 mins tops, cool that they added new costumes I guess but I would 100% take being able to fine tune my fighter over all these cosmetics any day.
    >
    > I wish and hope there are changes, fixes and support for the offline community for UFC 4.

Couldn't agree with you more. As I previously wrote, I play offline only, and giving your CAF a fixed archetype instead of full freedom how you customize your skillset is killing the entire game for offline players like you and me. I had really great pleasure when I analysed for hours how to make the best skills, moves and perks for my CAF just to give that little edge. I could go for hours how important it was for me to have freedom of randomly setting my skillset but it does not matter. What matter these days is online playing only, giving you silly emotes and ridiculous costumes and reaching for casual fans, who don't care about skillset of their CAF, since they're ok with 12 preselected archetypes. I get that entire fixed archetypes situation is to avoid maxed out CAF's fighting online, but it was obvious for me that they would do that for online modes only! Instead nah, preselected archetypes for offline modes stay.
    Insane.
  • Dude I'm the exact same! When I realized you couldn't edit CAF movesets, I was pissed. I really hope they fix this in a patch even if it's just for offline modes.
  • I'm primarily offline as well and I'm in the same boat dude. I like to make cafs of legendary fighters that aren't in the game and make customs cards, but what's the point of making a Fedor or Gina Carano if they have generic attributes and movesets? I have no desire to make CAFs with perfect stats and load them with every move in the game.
  • > @8pao_ord8 said:
    > Dude I'm the exact same! When I realized you couldn't edit CAF movesets, I was pissed. I really hope they fix this in a patch even if it's just for offline modes.

Glad someone have the same thoughts about the game. I don't want to be overpessimistic, nevertheless, I'm afraid that their priorities these days are different, and they want to attract mostly a casual fan with online modes and silly outfits. Sad.
  • Same here. They took so much longevity out of UFC4 for offline players.
    In the new Patch 2.02 they updated archetypes... i don't now if this is a good sign, because it seems, as long as they keep archetypes, we aren't allowed to customize on our own.
  • [quote="xxander88;c-2148823"]Even If you go through career mode once your done with it you still can't use that created fighter in any mode outside of career. Which really pissed me off I didn't mind going through it building my fighter from the ground up but to not be able to continue to use it after career mode is ❤️❤️❤️❤️[/quote]

This would be perfect if they just let us level up our created fighters in career mode, then once we finish it that fighter becomes available in other modes. I hate the fact that EA is claiming to be giving us more freedom with customization, but in reality they have taken away the customization that we care about. So now I can’t pick the perks or mows I want, but I get to wear leopard print pants to the octagon, so that’s cool.
  • > @cubs_fan1799 said:
    > [quote="xxander88;c-2148823"]Even If you go through career mode once your done with it you still can't use that created fighter in any mode outside of career. Which really pissed me off I didn't mind going through it building my fighter from the ground up but to not be able to continue to use it after career mode is ❤️❤️❤️❤️[/quote]
    >
    > This would be perfect if they just let us level up our created fighters in career mode, then once we finish it that fighter becomes available in other modes. I hate the fact that EA is claiming to be giving us more freedom with customization, but in reality they have taken away the customization that we care about. So now I can’t pick the perks or mows I want, but I get to wear leopard print pants to the octagon, so that’s cool.

I would agree with this as well, if they made career mode just a bit like the undisputed series where you create your CAF, go through career, level up your fighter/moves, retire and boom you can still use that fighter throughout the game.

It would be time consuming but at least you have more engagement in Career mode and we would have our fully customized fighters the way we want. In undisputed 3 you could have 40 CAFs and I ran all my CAFs through career, a lot of replay value and again different types of fighters for me to mold.