EA Forums - Banner

[Wednesday Weekly] Patch Request/Feedback: Clinch & GnP

13Next

Replies

• the ground and pound can't be balanced, the system has to be reverted. The current system is absolutely terrible. If someone gets knocked down, I finish them 10 times out of ten. If I get knocked down, I get finished ten times out of time. If you are jumped on or you jump on someone the TKO is guranteed. You have to just go back to the real grappling system, take this minigame out. We don't like it. We don't want it. "Finish the Fight" will be great for EA UFC Mobile 2, not the real game.
  • I think pressing R2 (Block button for ps4) should also deny clinch attemps. Think of real fight. A fighter standing infront of opponent focused on defending incoming strikes. A hand coming for clinch will be defended the same way a punch wud be. Same as it is for takedowns right now - low block with which u protect ur legs and body.

And I agree with above about GnP id rather see it reverted. There was nothing wrong with GnP in UFC 3 I really have no idea why it was changed. Current system is terrible.
  • BWrizzle
    34 posts Member
    edited August 23
    I like the idea of just using high block to deny clinch attempt. High block would defend from head strikes and clinch attempts, low block would defend from low strikes and take down attempts. Would add nice balance. You would have to soften up the body or the legs, or mix in some take downs if your opponent is constantly looking to defend head strikes and clinch attempts.
  • YouPapi3o6
    34 posts Member
    edited August 23
    I agree as well that the GnP needs to be reverted back to ufc 3 style but keep the ability to move and dodge strikes. We should be able to block while dodging strikes off our backs also. The option to transition regardless of your position like ufc 3 and A clinch denial should also be added.
  • BWrizzle
    34 posts Member
    edited August 23
    I think @Dock-Zom may have been on to something in a different topic he started. I'm not sure about all of it but some are valid points:
    Dock-Zom wrote: »
    If there focus is to clinch and knee I should be able to uppercut since I have to sit there since there’s no counter
    9hdtr71uwsmy.gif

You should be able to hurt your opponent on each sides of the clinch no matter . That clinch control on the game is one sided which isn’t real

k8dg12nosb9n.gif

Transition inside the Thai clinch of your opponent should be a thing! Nobody sits there and eats them

ocr5604it9fd.gif

Clinch knees should come from both sides this position like I said isn’t ONE SIDED

by28dwu3fatv.gif

you guys literally got dudes on this game thinking there good with their repetitive clinch 2 knees and I get out . No matter how many times I block they will get the clinch eventual I can sway I can back up . But it will eventually happen . THE THREAT OF THE CLINCH SHOULDNT HAVE SOMEONE BACKING UP EVERYFIGHT
  • mp2232
    37 posts Member
    edited August 23
    Okay, this is getting good. I have a concern about the following and need some input from the forum.

For this post RT (Xbox) = R2 (PS) and LT

it feels like holding RT is causing issues with takedown defense input. I know the takedown defense input was addressed with the patch and I see improvements there, however If I’m on the feet holding RT and my opponent shoots for a takedown I should be able to continue holding RT (as I was before he shot the takedown) and simply pull the LT, (adding LT to the already held down RT being used for high block)

It’s as though the game wants me to release my high block and then input RT again with LT (RT+LT) the moment I see the takedown attempt.

what you you guys think?

@EA_Blueberry
    Speaking to the BWrizzle idea of a clinch denial input, I have to disagree with the idea of it being RT. But I do agree on the bigger idea of making an input for it.

What about a clinch denial input of RT+ Right Stick away from opponent?

If you’re not holding RT in this game almost always when on the feet you’re kind of like a millennial without a cellphone. I also think it would foul up the high block if RT was implemented as the input for clinch denial. We’re already holding RT for high block.

I was going to say RT + Right Stick^ but that’s the same input that it was for UFC 3, and to break the clinch in UFC 4 we use Left stick away from opponent so kind of the same logic if we use RT + RS away from opponent knowing that the RS will be free to use for an input and Left Stick will most likely already be in use for fighter movement during a clinch attempt.

I’m going to make another thread with some video clips, I am seeing a weird stamina draw when on the ground the top fighter attempts a sub simultaneous to bottom fighter attempting a transition, where the transition from bottom ends up being successful, but the submission attempt which was slower and as a result canceled is drawing a bunch of stamina off the bottom fighter. Super hard to explain. Anyways thanks guys.

Post edited by mp2232 on
  • Thats the point of clinch denial being extremely easy. Imagine in real fight, its easier to land a jab than grab somebody by a neck, yet we have extremely easy defense for it = R2 (RT). Normally ppl set clinch up with punches. I would say if you break block with punches then you can freely clinch regardless if opponent is holding block. I dont idea of R2 + right stick cuz I believe it will still be too easy to pull it which in real fight unless u set it up with combination first is very hard.
  • Dock-Zom
    76 posts Member
    edited August 23
    This is about to go everywhere but thanks if you read .

Swaying while standing shouldn’t take stamina . Take stamina away from swaying while standing .9is639c1eezh.gif

GNP:
    Just reuse what y’all had for ufc 3 for the ground and pound but keep the sways and hook blocks .
    That timer stuff GOTTA GO .

Needs more strikes on the ground the following

Elbows to the body top side control

Left punch to the head top side control

Knees to the body on top back side

Elbows to the body top back side

Knees from bottom side control

POSITIONS ON THE GROUND :
    Body triangle is needed badly from bottom to top it’s useful
    s9uy589mfr3q.jpeg
    a3j6ioa6fh1h.jpeg
    444jhxpew4mg.jpeg

This position against the cage as well

cza376uu5961.gif

Clinch :

I’ve already gone over it and I think it was tagged on this forum .

Ground system :

I actually thought of a new system of how it would be better .

Using your right analog stick in different directions for transitions . To go to different positions

And the right analog stick for posturing / holding someone into that position . So if your in half guard top and I hold you down With an arm holding lock you have to power out of it or work your transitions out of it .

This makes it so that both bottom and top have more control transition wise and if your holding someone on the ground it will show .

BUT it won’t get used so all I can say is there should be a way to angle yourself and throw big shots while still postured down such as khabib

40e417icmrmc.gif

And finally add Izzy dance but if you do it make sure it looks right

alfciky8h6br.gif

Like look at what y’all did to Lewis ! What is that !8lcub47nt0gl.jpeg

Make the arms Proper arm length apart When he hits the ground

odgwte6a7dg4.gif

• Just got this game over the weekend and I'm extremely disappointed by the amount Over powered grappling features put into the game. Literally people don't ever strike online. They try to spam all the cheap added into the game.
  • Please make clinch attempt vulnerability higher, as in if my opponent attempts a clinch and walks into a hook-uppercut combo, really it should stun them, if not drop them
  • The clinch is fine! You can Dodge,you can keep your distance, you can strike. What else do you need?
  • hahahablya wrote: »
    The clinch is fine! You can Dodge,you can keep your distance, you can strike. What else do you need?

Your probably a spammer lol , no disrespect but I shouldn’t have to worry about clinch as much , even so the fact that people know that once they get it eventually cause it will happen the can spam 2 knees atleast before you can get out is annoying . Nobody should be able to grab my neck and throw damage that I can’t throw back the clinch is a two way street in real maui Thai If someone has a single collar on me best believe I can blast them with knees and uppercuts back . The fact that it’s very one sided is very un MMA
  • I just want to know how you can release such an unfinished mess of a game. What sort of an mma game doesnt let you throw hammer fists and elbows in GnP?? Why would take a solid base ground system and scale it back giving the player less freedoms. Why is it so clunky and unsatisfying when you land most strikes? Even the knees and elbows in side control feel like they're doing nothing what so ever.

I cant believe this is the 4th game in the EA UFC franchise and it just seems like you've learned nothing and dont really care about the game as each one released seems to improve just a little but always starts off with horrendous flawed gameplay.

If the game isnt ready dont release it and have us pay full price for an unfinished game.

Please give up the franchise to a company that actually cares and wants to make an amazing MMA game like Undisputed 3
  • [quote="BWrizzle;c-2149828"]I like the idea of just using high block to deny clinch attempt. High block would defend from head strikes and clinch attempts, low block would defend from low strikes and take down attempts. Would add nice balance. You would have to soften up the body or the legs, or mix in some take downs if your opponent is constantly looking to defend head strikes and clinch attempts.[/quote]

This is far from reality. When the opponent goes into a blind block, they take him to the clinch - this is real. The game should be as close as possible to a real battle ,and you offer nonsense to make bad players feel comfortable playing. Online translator.
  • The team is looking into a bunch of things for GnP balance, so stay tuned on that. Takedown denials should be better now since the patch, but it's clear you all here want an easier way to deny clinches. There were also some takedown and striking stamina adjustments some of you mentioned, btw. @MrMightyI do you see any improvements in takedown denials since the patch?

Some related patch updates from Wednesday:
    • Fixed exploit with Cage Back Clinch drives
    AI Improvements
    • Reduced AI clinch frequency

For a clinch denial, what would feel right in the sticks for you all. Thank you all for the detailed responded and I want to point to what @BWrizzle elaborated on how it should work. Any additional thoughts on this below?

Clinch
    "I agree with what's being said in here that there needs to be a clinch denial other than just sways or a well timed punch. That's really my only complaint about the clinch. I like the concept and the direction it's going for fluidity but some kind of denial input would be good. I saw somebody suggest somewhere that LB/RB(xbox) may be a good idea."

Actually no, its not any better at all
  • MoonDiazz
    1 posts New member
    1.Raise the power of Heavyweight.
    Francis Ngannou should be able to knock their
    opponents out at once.

2.Reduced Submission time and attacker
    adventages Down

3. Advantage fixing point once blocked in high side control position.

4. A change in the ratio between the face of a Korean zombie and Volkanovski. It doesn't look like him at all. In addition, Jabit.

5. Cage Clinch Kneekick is not a technology that can be used so often. Remaining techniques such as treading should be the main focus.
  • BWrizzle
    34 posts Member
    edited August 26
    hahahablya wrote: »
    BWrizzle wrote: »
    I like the idea of just using high block to deny clinch attempt. High block would defend from head strikes and clinch attempts, low block would defend from low strikes and take down attempts. Would add nice balance. You would have to soften up the body or the legs, or mix in some take downs if your opponent is constantly looking to defend head strikes and clinch attempts.

This is far from reality. When the opponent goes into a blind block, they take him to the clinch - this is real. The game should be as close as possible to a real battle ,and you offer nonsense to make bad players feel comfortable playing. Online translator.

I only meant that I felt that would be a good input for denying the clinch but have the animation actually do some kind of parry or movement to deny the attempt. I’m not sure how difficult it is from the programming side, was just a thought that I agreed with.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3105 posts EA Community Manager
    Patch spoilers for what's coming next!

73xxhksvh142.png
  • I'd love if the post fight were quicker. I don't want to see my opponent's celebration. This is terrible..