EA Forums - Banner

I might be alone here but for the most part i love this game.

Ufc4 added mini games and except for the new sub mini games i like it.Because ufc 3 the gnp was way to easy to spam ko's imo.Plus ea's patches so far have greatly fixed gameplay give them that.Now if they incorporate the missing presentation which they hopefully are working on,that along with the annual gameplay tweaks will make this game incredible.

Replies

• As much as I understand most of the complaints people have, I still enjoy this one just as much of not more than the previous games. I’m optimistic that they will put more into this game over its lifetime compared to previous titles.
  • That kind of thinking is the reason they keep giving us a rushed and unfinished game. The game is extremely bad. The striking itself is horrendous. There’s so many glitchy things with this game it ruins the enjoyment of the match. I don’t understand your logic of saying they’re going to put more into this game when it should’ve been a lot better than it was on release date. The list goes on and on for the flaws of this game. I’m just at the point where I stopped playing it because it isn’t enjoyable or competitive one bit. I’ve played every ufc game competitively since THQ Undisputed 2009. This game is not competitive at all. This is an arcade fighting game at best.
  • YouPapi3o6 wrote: »
    That kind of thinking is the reason they keep giving us a rushed and unfinished game. The game is extremely bad. The striking itself is horrendous. There’s so many glitchy things with this game it ruins the enjoyment of the match. I don’t understand your logic of saying they’re going to put more into this game when it should’ve been a lot better than it was on release date. The list goes on and on for the flaws of this game. I’m just at the point where I stopped playing it because it isn’t enjoyable or competitive one bit. I’ve played every ufc game competitively since THQ Undisputed 2009. This game is not competitive at all. This is an arcade fighting game at best.

AMEN!
  • The basic missing moves and lack of things that were promised is why people turned on them. Hell they said if you preorder through last year's game you get Bruce lee but that was a lie because I never even had that option after they said they did. So right off the bat I already had a bad taste in my mouth
  • Ufc4 added mini games and except for the new sub mini games i like it.Because ufc 3 the gnp was way to easy to spam ko's imo.Plus ea's patches so far have greatly fixed gameplay give them that.Now if they incorporate the missing presentation which they hopefully are working on,that along with the annual gameplay tweaks will make this game incredible.

Spam KO GnP on ufc 3 ? Lemme break this down for you . The ground and pound in ufc 3 was fundamentally sound . You postured up and controlled every strike from body straights to elbows to hammer fist in each position what made it great was if you are on the bottom you could deny it from the start . No posture up and waiting for their meter to go down so you can grab them. I like the swaying system on the ground but . There should be no gnp timer PERIOD . You are definitely 🧢 right now because the strikes you throw on top are so spammy and cheesy and you know it . Their is no choice in ufc 4 you have to aim for the head you can’t do damage to the body on the ground those shots are useless
  • I just saw the EA sport boxing club video game trailer. Could be the reason why EA doesn't patch this game up correctly. They are busy with the boxing game.

The game looks amazing!!
  • I just saw the EA sport boxing club video game trailer. Could be the reason why EA doesn't patch this game up correctly. They are busy with the boxing game.

The game looks amazing!!

Are you a clown? EA is not making that game

• EA_Blueberry
    4770 posts EA Community Manager
    There have been no official announcements for a boxing game. The developers are still working on UFC 4.
  • You are
  • TheRealLastMonk
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    @LiveEnemies

Yea there is a lot to like about UFC 4:
    • The new arenas.
    • Using the new arenas in Tournament and Event Modes
    • The AI Styles that the AI opponents in single player and offline modes have
    • The configurable sliders you can make the game as easy or as hard as you want it.
    • The selectable AI Styles for your component in offline mode lets you fight the style you want to fight
    • The new gear that can be sported in the new arenas (gives the game a new feel)
    • The overall feel of the MMA combat (not perfect but still good)
    • The MMA Animations (Although not enough diversity, whats there is !@#$ good)
    • The Announcing (It has problems, but overall is pretty good)
    • The Offline Modes, Tournaments, Events, Stand and Bang, etc. (Are going in the right direction)

Don't get me wrong, the game has a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be fixed. I've got screen shots of dozens of bugs, and videos of crazy glitches that should have never made it into the final product. I'm not happy about the fact that we can't edit our CAFs. So I do have beef with the game. But the things it gets right, far far far out weigh its flaws. And I'm willing to give the DEVs time and support to get the game right. UFC 4 is going in the right direction and it has a great deal of potential.

• How can any real player enjoy this game.This post is from ea!!!
  • TheRealLastMonk
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    @Champ__7

Naw, dude, not from EA. I posted some things I like about the game. But there's a lot of !@#$ in the game that needs improved:
    • Ability To Edit Movelists of CAFs
    • Missing GNP, Elbows, Hammer Fists etc in Ground Game
    • Missing BJJ Submissions
    • Missing Muay Thai clinch submissions and attacks
    • Redundant Announcing for All Matches
    • Incorrect Announcing in some matches (e.g announcers calling knockout , during a submission)
    • Kumite, Action Avenue, Backyard Arenas not available during Career Mode
    • Can't Save Tournament Setups in offline mode
    • Numerous graphics and audio glitches
    • Missing Rag Doll Physics
    • Missing Diversity in Moves (all fighters throw the same hook, or straight etc)

So I recognize the game has a long way to go. Especially in Single Player and Offline modes. But at the same time I can bring up the positive aspects of the game.

Yes overall I think the game is good and I'm hoping the Devs can make it better. Because the UFC 1, and UFC 2 games were made with the Ignite Engine, and UFC 4 appears to have been made using the Frostbite engine I realize the DEVs are dealing with a learning curve, and not everything is easy to convert between different game engines. And the game engine used to make a game means everything! And UFC 4 is using even a different engine than UFC3. This explains why there are graphics glitches in UFC 4 and why some of the character models are not as good as they've been in previous games. The difference between the Ignite and Frostbite engines explains some of missing features in UFC 4. I think that some of the problem is the DEVs are still learning how to get !@#$ done in the Frostbite game engine and that some things just simply didn't convert from the engine that was used to make UFC 3. Add the global pandemic in there and I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't be so hard on the DEVs. So lets give them a chance to get the game right. ;)

So no, I'm not part of EA now, and never have been. At times I've been one of their biggest critics!

I simply recognize there are things in the game that need to be improved or fixed. But there are also a lot of good things in the game. In fact UFC 4 is one of the best mixed martial art video games ever made. B)

• Champ__7
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I agree there are some aspects that are good but to remove created characters from any sports game fundamentally destroys that game and there is no reason to discuss any other topic but this.I cant even explore any aspects good or bad the game is useless with out the one thing all sports games need created characters.Can you name one sports game that makes the character for you.THQ 3 was the best mma game ever made ea ufc 3 is #2 and this game is the worst game i have ever played and most would agree.Sorry i thought the post was from ea my bad and thanks for your response.
    Post edited by Champ__7 on
  • I also own my own business and have never sold anything that was unfinished or not what i said it was. this is not on the developers nor was this a mistake its a scam to get players online where they have more incentive to buy digital merch
  • EA_Blueberry
    4770 posts EA Community Manager
    @Champ__7

Naw, dude, not from EA. I posted some things I like about the game. But there's a lot of !@#$ in the game that needs improved:
    • Incorrect Announcing in some matches (e.g announcers calling knockout , during a submission)
    • Missing Diversity in Moves (all fighters throw the same hook, or straight etc)

So I recognize the game has a long way to go. Especially in Single Player and Offline modes. But at the same time I can bring up the positive aspects of the game.

Yes overall I think the game is good and I'm hoping the Devs can make it better. Because the UFC 1, and UFC 2 games were made with the Ignite Engine, and UFC 4 appears to have been made using the Frostbite engine I realize the DEVs are dealing with a learning curve, and not everything is easy to convert between different game engines. And the game engine used to make a game means everything! And UFC 4 is using even a different engine than UFC3. This explains why there are graphics glitches in UFC 4 and why some of the character models are not as good as they've been in previous games. The difference between the Ignite and Frostbite engines explains some of missing features in UFC 4. I think that some of the problem is the DEVs are still learning how to get !@#$ done in the Frostbite game engine and that some things just simply didn't convert from the engine that was used to make UFC 3. Add the global pandemic in there and I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't be so hard on the DEVs. So lets give them a chance to get the game right. ;)

So no, I'm not part of EA now, and never have been. At times I've been one of their biggest critics!

I simply recognize there are things in the game that need to be improved or fixed. But there are also a lot of good things in the game. In fact UFC 4 is one of the best mixed martial art video games ever made. B)

@TheRealLastMonk

Fantastic post and thank you for the continued support as a longtime UFC fan. Will definitely make sure your thoughts are sent up to the team.
  • Thank you i hope the team can help
  • @Champ__7

@TheRealLastMonk

Fantastic post and thank you for the continued support as a longtime UFC fan. Will definitely make sure your thoughts are sent up to the team.

@EA_Blueberry

I wisht the DEVs good luck and hope they stay safe
  • @Champ__7

@TheRealLastMonk

@EA_Blueberry please include the request that all playable venues are used in OWC. Championship fights are happening in UFC Apex right now.