EA Forums - Banner

Let me set my desired ping.

BagginBrooks
57 posts Member
edited November 2020
I'l so sick of being in matches of 80+ ping. For a reaction based game it needs to have little latency. I'll wait the extra time to not be put in with people from another country. Either let me set my desired ping for your terrible net code or do the right thing and give this dedicated servers.

Replies

• 1v1 games will always be peer to peer.

Get off WiFi and you should get better ping. Over 100ping you can leave without loss before game starts.
  • BagginBrooks
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Not on wifi and I have gig internet. Peer to peer needs to not be a thing unfortunately. I understand it saves money, but it's the way to go and they need to be trend setters. They should also introduce a minimum internet speed to play this game. I'm tired of people with horrible internet playing online.

Or again, just let us set our ping preference so it doesn't match us with crap connections.
  • BruceLee2029
    869 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Not on wifi and I have gig internet. Peer to peer needs to not be a thing unfortunately. I understand it saves money, but it's the way to go and they need to be trend setters. They should also introduce a minimum internet speed to play this game. I'm tired of people with horrible internet playing online.

Or again, just let us set our ping preference so it doesn't match us with crap connections.

Peer to peer works best when two players are in a game.

Meaning it will be peer to peer forever.

Try opening ports that will help or buying a gaming router because it only matches you up with low ping.

Since patch 5.0 every one I face is over 100 ping

• EA_Blueberry
    4160 posts EA Community Manager

Speed is usually not the problem these days, it's packet loss or bandwidth caps. Do you have a gaming router? If not, a gig speed will be handicapped depending on how many packets your router can transfer back and forth. The player with the better connection will be the host, so if you're seeing high latency games I'd encourage you to at least try some of these connection troubleshooting steps below to see if they help.

I just played around with my router last night by logging into it to update my Quality of Service, making the Xbox a priority for bandwidth speed. There is always an option of changing your DNS too, which could help improve connectivity. It will change how your connection reaches our servers, so if it's taking a certain route right now, a faster one could be available. This stuff can be frustrating though, I get it. Hope this helps!

Connection Troubleshooting: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
  • BagginBrooks
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Speed is usually not the problem these days, it's packet loss or bandwidth caps. Do you have a gaming router? If not, a gig speed will be handicapped depending on how many packets your router can transfer back and forth. The player with the better connection will be the host, so if you're seeing high latency games I'd encourage you to at least try some of these connection troubleshooting steps below to see if they help.

I just played around with my router last night by logging into it to update my Quality of Service, making the Xbox a priority for bandwidth speed. There is always an option of changing your DNS too, which could help improve connectivity. It will change how your connection reaches our servers, so if it's taking a certain route right now, a faster one could be available. This stuff can be frustrating though, I get it. Hope this helps!

Connection Troubleshooting: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Yes, I have done all of this. I have no issues in other games. The problem is on your guys end. Please have them put some time into their network, it's unacceptable to have 75% of my matches take over half a second to register my inputs. From the looks of other complaints I am certainly not the only one.

Get off WiFi and you should get better ping. Over 100ping you can leave without loss before game starts.

Try opening ports that will help or buying a gaming router because it only matches you up with low ping.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. In every game that is p2p the host has a significant advantage. Dedicated servers would fix this since neither player would be the host.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. In every game that is p2p the host has a significant advantage. Dedicated servers would fix this since neither player would be the host.

P2P is better for 1v1 games. Hence why no dedicated servers are in any game with 2 players.

P2P is better for 1v1 games. Hence why no dedicated servers are in any game with 2 players.

1v1 games don't typically make a whole lot of money post release, hence why no company is willing to spend the money for them.