EA Forums - Banner

Ideas to Improve UFC 4

A couple things they need to address/add to this game ...

- Knockdowns against cage need new animations or remove the one where you hit his head over and over again. Happens almost every time you rock someone against the cage

- Stamina cost needs to be addressed for both punches, and on the ground. I feel if they should make the stamina return slower it would make a more realistic fight!

- When holding the block button your stamina should return slower then if you didn't hold it. This would make fights more realistic in my opinion, with more KO's because fighters would not be able to just hold the BLOCK button the entire time. You could also play around with the block being weaker then it currently is as well.

- Against the computer wrestling seems to be way to dominant, a way to fix this is of course stamina coming back slower. Takedowns should be hard to complete not unless stamina is low, and getting up or transitioning on the ground should be slower. This is MMA not Mortal Kombat???

- Where is Title Mode or Title Defence Mode .... I want a quick and easy mode to jump into with my favourite UFC fighter and climb the ranks and defend progressively getting harder. UFC Undisputed 3 did this perfect over 8 years ago!!!

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4148 posts EA Community Manager
    GODS_TWIIN wrote: »

- When holding the block button your stamina should return slower then if you didn't hold it. This would make fights more realistic in my opinion, with more KO's because fighters would not be able to just hold the BLOCK button the entire time. You could also play around with the block being weaker then it currently is as well.

I like that idea because you'll have to use your blocks more wisely, leaving you exposed throughout the match, however from an MMA realism standpoint it could look really weird if you saw the fighter's gloves constantly moving up and down due to the player pressing/releasing the trigger. If there was a drain you might need it to be at a slow rate so you can still approach the fighter with your gloves up without any risk of being an easy target for a hook.

What do you normally do when someone is holding down block? Do you go for a leg kick or take-down?
  • @EA_Blueberry I like your response. I feel in the real UFC fighters don’t have their hands up in a block position a lot. Not nearly the same as fighting in this game. I would normally go for a takedown if I was a wrestler, leg kicks and body punches don’t do enough damage so I don’t do them enough.

If you added the slow stamina return after blocking it would make a lot of sense.

Another thing to look into would damage to the body. It’s not very effective in this game. If anything punches/kicks to the body and kicks to the leg should have an impact on both speed of the fighter as well as stamina being reduced greatly.

Also takedowns should have a huge cost of stamina both attempting them and completing them as well as defending them and stopping them.

Again UFC undisputed 3 did this perfectly with the stamina cost especially to the body and takedowns. This should be looked into.
  • GODS_TWIIN wrote: »

I like that idea because you'll have to use your blocks more wisely, leaving you exposed throughout the match, however from an MMA realism standpoint it could look really weird if you saw the fighter's gloves constantly moving up and down due to the player pressing/releasing the trigger. If there was a drain you might need it to be at a slow rate so you can still approach the fighter with your gloves up without any risk of being an easy target for a hook.

What do you normally do when someone is holding down block? Do you go for a leg kick or take-down?

@EA_Blueberry I like your response. I feel in the real UFC fighters don’t have their hands up in a block position a lot. Not nearly the same as fighting in this game. I would normally go for a takedown if I was a wrestler, leg kicks and body punches don’t do enough damage so I don’t do them enough.

If you added the slow stamina return after blocking it would make a lot of sense.

Another thing to look into would damage to the body. It’s not very effective in this game. If anything punches/kicks to the body and kicks to the leg should have an impact on both speed of the fighter as well as stamina being reduced greatly.

Also takedowns should have a huge cost of stamina both attempting them and completing them as well as defending them and stopping them.

Again UFC undisputed 3 did this perfectly with the stamina cost especially to the body and takedowns. This should be looked into.
  • Fix O'Malleys hair
  • MrMightyI wrote: »
    Fix O'Malleys hair

I finally saw his hair today. His hair is still braiding in the back of his neck..lmfao 🤣 look closely in the reply
  • EA_Blueberry
    4148 posts EA Community Manager
    MrMightyI wrote: »
    Fix O'Malleys hair

I've raised that up to the team. Something like that wouldn't likely come in a hotfix and will need to wait until a future patch. As I'm sure you're aware, but the patches have been releasing on a monthly basis to give you expectations on when to expect the next one.