EA Forums - Banner

Post patch 6.0 critique/requests

Prev1
Deeznutz32211
97 posts Member
edited December 2020
. The choke submissions still seem to be underpowered even with a stamina advantage, it could use a buff

.i haven't noticed a real change in stamina loss for strikes, if it's not going to happen that's fine, can we at least slow down movement speed so spamming jab/straights and moving backwards wont be as effective as it is

. I've noticed the clinch spammers have adapted to the "wait for 2 knees then light them up" technique weve been using to combat clinch spam, theyre now throwing 2 knees and releasing and/or going for a takedown from clinch before you can get off your punches, maybe we can add a couple seconds of vulnerability after the 2nd knee from the clinch aggressor

The ankle pick takedown hasnt been registering, ive been literally falling between my opponents legs
Post edited by Deeznutz32211 on

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4742 posts EA Community Manager
    Great post, @Deeznutz32211

Bumping this post up to the top of the forums to gather more feedback post Patch 6.0
  • BWrizzle
    80 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I think the game is feeling really good. Having some real battles and a lot of fun on here. Judges recognize aggression and intention.
  • ThaDarkOne2312
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Maybe not have the adrenaline deplete so fast once u get the KO bar filled in Adrenaline Mode....also maybe add the ragdoll physics for the lights out KO's into Knockout Mode
  • ThaDarkOne2312
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I still feel like there are too many knockdowns still, it should be reduced now that we have lights out KO's...especially if you are dazed and get hit with a heavy punch, it shouldn't be another knockdown it should be a lights out KO
    Post edited by ThaDarkOne2312 on
  • I don't play online. So I can't relate to some of the criticisms. But I'm liking Patch 6.0. I like the 2 new archetypes. Thanx Dev team! That's a big step in the right direction. I'm liking the Rag Doll Physics, I'm liking the new move upgrades to some of the fighters. I'm liking the new adrenaline mode. I like the presentation change for championship mode.

TBH from the offline player point of few the DEVs hit a home run on this one. I was even motivated to go to the fighter's store after this patch. Good job DEVs :)

But They need to work on the announcing though, a lot of time the commentary doesn't match whats happening in a fight. e.g The commentator says I used elbows, kicks, etc. Even though I submitted my opponent in the first 1 minute of the match with no elbows or kicks thrown :/ The commentators should also be able to say what kind of submission won the fight (if it was a submission win). Right now the commentator says won by submission, instead of won by submission due to ankle hook, rear naked choke, kimura, arm bar, etc.

And if the DEVs are not going to allow us to edit are move lists, they should keep adding archetypes to fill in the missing variations.

I would like to have a archetype as close as possible to my career fighter. The latest two archetypes (especially the virtuoso) gets me closer, but I'm still coming up short on a couple of striking types.

Anyway Thanx DEVS and merry Xmas.
  • Why not just let us use our career fighter in all offline modes? I am an offline player as well and havent played much since I realized I was unable to use the fighter I worked so hard on to make exactly how I wanted.
  • Clinch Denial . Do I need to say anything else ? @EA_Blueberry
  • Ry567899 wrote: »
    Why not just let us use our career fighter in all offline modes? I am an offline player as well and havent played much since I realized I was unable to use the fighter I worked so hard on to make exactly how I wanted.

Yea, From a simulation point of few every fighter has a training camp and and works with coaches and trainers to develop moves, techniques, and skills. These are very individualized. We take all the effort to realize that simulation in career mode, but then can't use it in the other offline modes. We should be allowed to use the career fighter in all offline modes. And they should be prevented from online play, which is fine. Not being able to use our career fighter in all offline modes is really holding this game back.
  • Adds Pride Mode please EA, add fighters Chito, Pereira, Crocop, Sakuraba, Bass Rutten, Vicente Luque, in the custom adds White Kimono, Boxe Gloves, the game is good but need more.
  • Adds Pride Mode please EA, add fighters Chito, Pereira, Crocop, Sakuraba, Bass Rutten, Vicente Luque, in the custom adds White Kimono, Boxe Gloves, the game is good but need more.

They did add Pride style rounds in Fight Now. You can now select 1 10 min round and 1 5 min round as a choice, or one 30 minute round. If they add these different round durations to tournament mode, we would be that much closer to a Pride mode :)

They did add Pride style rounds in Fight Now. You can now select 1 10 min round and 1 5 min round as a choice, or one 30 minute round. If they add these different round durations to tournament mode, we would be that much closer to a Pride mode :)

Pride mean pride arena , pride fighters , pride rules . No point fighting on kumite with only Pride rounds mode .

• Yea, I'm wit you on that, but, the pride round mode is a step in the right direction. Adding a Pride Arena, and allowing the pride round mode to be used in Tournament Mode would be close enough.

Also, it might be hard to get pride fighters because they're all retired by now, and would all have to be legendary, no way to get new fighter likeness, or motion cap, and the real Pride organization is now
    defunct as of 2007:

Pride Fighting Championships (Pride or Pride FC, founded as KRS-Pride) was a Japanese mixed martial arts promotion company. Its inaugural event was held at the Tokyo Dome on October 11, 1997. Pride held more than sixty mixed martial arts events, broadcast to about 40 countries worldwide.[1] Pride held the largest live MMA event audience record of 91,107 people at the Pride and K-1 co-production, Shockwave/Dynamite, held in August 2002,[2] as well as the audience record of over 67,450 people at the Pride Final Conflict 2003. For ten years PRIDE was one of the most popular MMA organizations in the world.

In March 2007, Dream Stage Entertainment (DSE) sold Pride to Lorenzo Fertitta and Frank Fertitta III, co-owners of Zuffa, which, at the time, owned the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).[3] While remaining as legally separate entities with separate managements, the two promotions were set to cooperate in a manner akin to the AFL-NFL merger. However, such an arrangement did not materialize, and in October 2007, Pride Worldwide's Japanese staff was laid off, marking the end of the organization as an active fight promoter. As a result, many of the Pride staff left to form a new organization alongside K-1 parent company Fighting and Entertainment Group. That new organization, founded in February 2008, was named Dream.[4]

In 2015, Pride's co-founder and former president Nobuyuki Sakakibara established Rizin Fighting Federation in Japan with the same philosophy and ambition as for the defunct Pride organization.[5]

The DEVs could add a new Pride arena, and Pride rules. That would be practical. I dunno how practical it would be to get fighters from 15 years ago for the mode.
  • I just wanted to reiterate the movement speed request. What I'm suggesting is slower movement speed as a whole and even less when stamina is low. I'm requesting this because it's too easy to blast an overhand or 4 punch combo and then just move backwards, that kind of play style shouldn't be effective as it is. in ufc 3 just walking backwards after throwing a combo wasn't good defense because you were still in range to be countered if you missed a strike, in ufc 4 I'm dodging a combo only for my counter strike to miss not because of my opponents head movement but because they simply move the other direction. This issue is magnified because of the unbalanced stamina issue ufc 4 has, plus it feels like dodging a strike has the same effect on short term stamina as missing a strike.
  • When will Michel Pereira be added???
  • When will Michel Pereira be added??? Please🙏
  • It doesn't feel like there is any body damage being done due to submissions, I've gotten guys within an inch of a choke and they seem to just bounce back. I think if they are fighting off submissions but are getting close to being submitted they should be taking stamina penalties and body damage, like if you keep getting caught in arm bars and barely getting out your block bar should be shortened at least
  • EA_Blueberry
    4742 posts EA Community Manager
    When will Michel Pereira be added??? Please🙏

Not sure. They are dedicated to adding more fighters, but I don't know which ones are planned to release next.
  • ThaDarkOne2312
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    @EA_Blueberry what about improving the impact of hooks and body shots...they feel dull and don't really have an impact when they land...or have the fighters really throw their body into it when they throw hooks
  • @EA_Blueberry hey thanks for mixing in a bit of ragdoll ko's it looks great! I would love a little more frequency to be honest I feel like it's only overhands and headkicks that really cause them. It would be awesome to see some hook ko's on a good counter or clean shot. Anyway I'm still stoked on what you guys are doing keep up the good work.
  • hahahablya
    89 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I just wanted to reiterate the movement speed request. What I'm suggesting is slower movement speed as a whole and even less when stamina is low. I'm requesting this because it's too easy to blast an overhand or 4 punch combo and then just move backwards, that kind of play style shouldn't be effective as it is. in ufc 3 just walking backwards after throwing a combo wasn't good defense because you were still in range to be countered if you missed a strike, in ufc 4 I'm dodging a combo only for my counter strike to miss not because of my opponents head movement but because they simply move the other direction. This issue is magnified because of the unbalanced stamina issue ufc 4 has, plus it feels like dodging a strike has the same effect on short term stamina as missing a strike.

I write through an online translator. No need to reduce the speed of strikes. And so already reduced the speed of strikes compared to the original version of the game. In reality, the fighters are much faster and sharper to strike than in the game!