EA Forums - Banner

UFC3 vs UFC4

Deeznutz32211
97 posts Member
edited June 26
I revisited ufc3 for the last couple of days and it took some relearning but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I gotta say the striking/combos in UFC4 feels smoother and when you connect you feel more impact but in UFC3 i rarely throw any unintended strikes, in UFC4 a lot of different strikes are mapped to the same button which can be annoying, i also noticed strike counters in either game don't do a whole lot of damage but in ufc3 you can get a big long term stamina advantage by making your opponent miss so it evens out, in ufc4 making them miss doesn't noticably drain your opponents stamina so a counter punch is really the only thing that makes it worth while.
I also noticed when i went back to ufc3 i wasn't really protecting my body because i really didn't need to on ufc4 and i played a guy that reminded me that eating body kicks will have you gassed in ufc3 lol.

The biggest difference i felt was the ground game, i was holding guys down to the point they were rage quitting, you felt the damage on the ground while posted up, i was denying transitions and you could feel the stamina advantage when locking in a submission, but i will say i liked the ufc4 transition system where you use the trigger button to cancel a transition, it gives you way more control over faking transitions, but other than that ufc3 is levels above ufc4 when it comes to the ground game

I think if in the next game we can get the striking impact and smoothness of UFC4 with the stamina system and pacing of ufc3 that would be dang near perfect.

As far as the ground, I'd like ufc3's system with the new transitions from ufc4 and the transition cancel system of ufc4

Clinch, i like how going into the clinch in ufc4 continues the flow of the fight it feels like it's a part of the stand up but still it's own thing at the same time but i feel like you have more control in the clinch in ufc3, you're able to deny the clinch all together if you want which i missed, so i don't even know how to combine the 2 but if i had to choose between 3 and 4 clinch system id go with 3, i feel like you have more control over your transitions and it's harder to "cheese"

Replies

• Deeznutz32211
    97 posts Member
    edited June 30
    @EA_Blueberry check this out for me, I've been playing ufc3 and look at what happens when you just try to walk backwards, eat body shots and throw and/or miss big shots over and over, i feel like if this was ufc4 he would've been able to this for 3 or 4 rounds before he lost any long term stamina. Do you see how he can't just walk backwards and be safe after missing strikes? I really want to hear your opinion on this, you're my only point of contact behind the scenes

Post edited by Deeznutz32211 on
  • EA_Blueberry
    4802 posts EA Community Manager
    @Deeznutz32211

Are you talking about the 1 minute mark when he tries to go backwards and is slowed down?
  • The 3 was made with love the career mode, there you choose to go to the gym you want and if the opponent is from the same academy you need to get out of there, ultimate team, real event hunches mode and very good! (various game modes) I would trade this backyard and **** kumite for these game modes! (I don't even play anymore, I leave the game aside the ultimate team with the hunches that excited me)
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > @Deeznutz32211
    >
    > Are you talking about the 1 minute mark when he tries to go backwards and is slowed down?
    brings more ultimate team-type game modes and hunches, it really depends on the online (mortal kombat despite the online has the towers outside the story mode, fifa ultimate team, nba2k my team, nba live ultimate team, ufc 4 nothing(I BOUGHT THE GAME 2 MONTHS AND I STOP PLAYING WHEN I FINISHED MY CAREER BECAUSE THERE IS NO MORE FRUSTRATING WAY WHO DOESN'T LIKE PLAYING ONLINE LEAVES THE GAME )
  • @Deeznutz32211

Are you talking about the 1 minute mark when he tries to go backwards and is slowed down?

I mean how he can't just move away from danger, since he wasn't using any type of lunges or anything i was able to crowd him and how much of a hit his stamina took because he was eating body strikes and just throwing big shots back to back, in ufc4 i wouldn't have been able to walk him down and he would have been able to keep throwing overhands and flying knees without his long term stamina being effected so soon. it was only round 1 and he was pretty much done
  • EA_Blueberry
    4802 posts EA Community Manager
    The 3 was made with love the career mode, there you choose to go to the gym you want and if the opponent is from the same academy you need to get out of there, ultimate team, real event hunches mode and very good! (various game modes) I would trade this backyard and **** kumite for these game modes! (I don't even play anymore, I leave the game aside the ultimate team with the hunches that excited me)

One of the developers mentioned in the official Discord career mode demanded the most attention from the team because of all the significant changes that go into it from each UFC title. The unfortunate side-effect is that most players will play career mode and then move on to test their skills online against human opponents. There will be a crowd of offline/career mode players that prefer to continue playing career mode and we value all the feedback driven from that community to help the team understand what they should focus on for future career mode features.

@Deeznutz32211

That's where I thought you were leaning and I agree, when you're going deep into a match and are low on long term stamina your ability to shift around on your feet should be slowed. Others brought up how players are back stepping to toss high knees. Is that one of the factors that's driving this conversation?
  • Deeznutz32211
    97 posts Member
    edited July 2
    The 3 was made with love the career mode, there you choose to go to the gym you want and if the opponent is from the same academy you need to get out of there, ultimate team, real event hunches mode and very good! (various game modes) I would trade this backyard and **** kumite for these game modes! (I don't even play anymore, I leave the game aside the ultimate team with the hunches that excited me)

One of the developers mentioned in the official Discord career mode demanded the most attention from the team because of all the significant changes that go into it from each UFC title. The unfortunate side-effect is that most players will play career mode and then move on to test their skills online against human opponents. There will be a crowd of offline/career mode players that prefer to continue playing career mode and we value all the feedback driven from that community to help the team understand what they should focus on for future career mode features.

@Deeznutz32211

That's where I thought you were leaning and I agree, when you're going deep into a match and are low on long term stamina your ability to shift around on your feet should be slowed. Others brought up how players are back stepping to toss high knees. Is that one of the factors that's driving this conversation?

Yea for the most part. I've been talking about movement speed and the effect of body strikes on stamina for a while now but i haven't been able to show what I've been saying, i felt like this video displays what i was saying close to perfectly, this player got a hard hitting fighter with a less than stellar gas tank and attempted to just throw the biggest shots he could and move away, a stradegy that would have given me a lot trouble in UFC4 because all fighters have Holloway-ish stamina, strike tracking (notice the back sway dodged the flying knee, that wouldve connected in 4) and in ufc4 after missing an overhand he wouldve been out of striking range by just moving backwards. I guess what I'm trying to get is acknowledgement of an issue, because if the makers dont feel like there's an issue then it wont get fixed whether its in a patch or the next game.