Forum Discussion

Stunning_daddy
Seasoned Rookie
2 days ago

Inability to Edit Player Attributes

Now that the game is out, it is officially confirmed that we once again do not have the ability to edit generated players attributes, potential, bio, etc.  This is extremely disappointing and I will once again not be buying the game because of it (along with the grey silhouettes).  I understand that not everything can be updated from year to year but this is something that every other sports game does and something that EA's College Football 25 was able to implement via patch.

The NHL series' franchise mode is the most restrictive out of any other major sports game and at this point, it seems like it is not oversight or inability, but rather a deliberate game design decision.  If possible, is there any way to confirm that the developers have any plans on adding this feature to the game?   

Any sort of comment from EA on this would really help those of us who are expecting this feature to temper our expectations moving forward.  

• 100% expected this to happen, been one of the biggest most vocal requests for years since they removed it, and they just decided to keep us locked out from it becauseā€¦ why give us something that would make us enjoy the game more? 

Stunning_daddy
      Seasoned Rookie

My concern is that on every single post regarding editing players and the lack of actual pictures for generated players, there is never a response from any EA representative.  It always seems to just be ignored. 

It all leads me to believe that they did it on purpose for some misguided design reason and they do not plan on implementing it and are just digging their feet in the ground and ignoring the criticism.  That's just speculation but the radio silence doesn't help alleviate any concerns.