Forum Discussion

8 days ago

NHL 25: It's a no for me.

Despite my "veteran" status, with the EA Sports NHL series (since NHLPA '93, for the SNES), I'm at a total loss (pun intended) as to why this free 10-trial was such a personal gaming disaster.

Okay. So I didn't fully complete the 10-trial, as it was roughly 6 hours of gameplay. It was enough, and deleted from my PS5. Nonetheless, with a record of 3-20 (3-17-0, in Threes Eliminator, and 0-3-0 with a GAA of 9.84 and 62% Save percentage), all thanks to the garbage matchmaking (randoms VS teams/clubs, of which I was on the randoms), there was nothing rewarding and/or fun playing this game. 

I am thankful that there is a trial, as it continues to show that the online matchmaking is still way off, and that it should be randoms VS randoms and clubs VS clubs. I mainly play online, and I shouldn't need a group of "buddies" to play a hockey video game online for it to be fun and enjoyable. 

With that, it's clear that a heavily discounted version might make it to my PS5. Paying $89.99+tax CAD for this lacklustre effort isn't the enigma that I'll be investing in. 

See you after Christmas, maybe....

"Take care now. Bye bye then." - Ace Ventura

No RepliesBe the first to reply