Forum Discussion

EA_Aljo
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
23 hours ago

NHL 25 WoC Deep Dive Blog

Hey, everyone! Here's your deep dive blog for WoC in NHL 25.

• It's super ballsy to remove elite edges from custom builds, but I love it. It got so boring when every single player was using a small PMD with gold elite edges every single game. This change should hopefully vary the game up a bit.

I really like being able to quickly copy your character. That's such a good QOL update, you have no idea. I REALLY sucked for us goalies who would have to go and recreate our complex pad designs EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

As a WoC guy, this is some pretty good stuff, I'd say.

EA_Aljo
      Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Speaking of QoL changes, wait til you see the WoC menu loading times ;)

KlariskraysNHL
      Hero

Oh trust me the copy character thing is something that made me happy and I let them know about it and glad to see others are happy about it too.

• Not a mode I've ever played or know anything about. I've always thought it was a mode for the kids. Can anyone convince me otherwise? 

Its all team play and not single player with AI teammates? I don't know anyone else that plays NHL so I would struggle to get a team together. I also don't use a mic. 

Modulater83
      Seasoned Novice

I don't think its necessarily a mode for the kids.  World of Chel contains the arcade-like, possibly kiddy Ones/Threes/Eliminator modes but it also contains EASHL.  Been playing EASHL for a decade and a half now, with a team of friends that have hit out early 40s.  Most of the other guys I hear on mic sound 30+, though you do get the occasional youngin'.

As KidShowtime1867 mentioned, if you don't have people to play with you can do Drop-Ins (though the quality is all over the place).  What's nice though is you can also randomly be placed on an EASHL team looking to fill out a spot or two.  These games tend to be better.  There are also always clubs looking for additional players to join their teams (can look on the forums, Reddit, Discord).  No mic may be barrier for some teams, but not all.  Despite the ups and downs with gameplay, I find EASHL a lot of fun.  Like a virtual beer league.

KidShowtime1867
      Hero
      Stubo_NHL24 wrote:

Its all team play and not single player with AI teammates? I don't know anyone else that plays NHL so I would struggle to get a team together. I also don't use a mic. 

You can play with one other human and have the rest A.I. Or you can have a full club.

Drop-Ins allow you to match up with randoms, but it's a cesspool and it doesn't appear there have been any changes made in this regard.

• Did the +/- skaters setting get removed from matchmaking settings for club matches? It's awful when you have a full group and match up against a team of mostly CPU skaters.