Forum Discussion

11 hours ago

Online vs. (comp/casual/couch co-op)

Hey guys, I'm pretty pumped about this new game! The trailer looks great and I'm even going to be buying a ps5 and new bigger 4k tv to play!

Question.. every year, my buddy and I play couch-co op.It's great.We slam some beers and take on all comers. We managed to get ourselves into the top 10 on casual side in NHL 24 because playing duos, you can't do competitive.

I was wondering if Online vs. is still in the game? I haven't seen it advertised and if it is in the game still, can couch co-op players do competitive with rank points? In '24 it was only ranked on wins, which is fine, but it makes a lot of guys just quit bc the losses don't mean anything.

any info would be greatly appreciated before i make the purchase.

Cheers,

Red_Light-Rebels

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hey, Thunderjunk94

Yep! Online Versus is still in the game and you can couch-coop with a buddy. Good times for sure :)

Thunderjunk94
      Newcomer

Perfect! Makes my decision very easy now! 
      Do you know if couch co-op is allowed in competitive mode or is it for Casual again? Ranked by wins? Just curious is all 

EA_Aljo
        Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

It's just Casual again. That hasn't changed. However, you're ranked along the other couch-coop players on those leaderboards. I haven't played OV couch-coop in many years so not sure if there were leaderboards previously for that. Gonna have to try it out again soon! We kinda gave up OV when EASHL became our main mode. OV with my best friend was so fun though!