Forum Discussion

alexxxer456
Rising Novice
14 days ago

Pressure meter should have optional visibility.

I just watched the gameplay trailer. Gameplay looks impressive, but my biggest flaw was the pressure meter. It doesn’t need to be visible on the boards or in the middle of the ice. Will there be an option in NHL 25 to make the pressure meter invisible? We should have the option to, especially when many Chel gamers including myself expressed our feelings about this. 

admiral745
    Seasoned Traveler

Hopefully will be discussed in an ACTUAL deep dive video not a shallow dive video that was basically a trailer. 

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hi there. We're going to have to wait until more information on presentation releases for those details.

alexxxer456
      Rising Novice

Thank you for your reply Aljo! The gameplay looks good, a lot of hard work and dedication has been put into this game and the trailer is evidently showing that. But I was really hoping the pressure meter would be visible/invisible. If EA could make it optionally invisible/visible I’m buying the deluxe version. 

ROTTENCORPSE
    Rising Newcomer

Agreed... the main reason I passed on buying NHL 24 was that ugly unnecessary meter in the ice. There should be options to disable it entirely. If it is an option that people want to use, there should be choices such as on ice, on boards, under the score, etc.

NeonSkyline21
      Seasoned Rookie

I respect your decision and willpower but I'd like to reassure you and inform you that you DO adapt and get used to it over time. 

I'm still a proponent of giving the players the OPTION to turn off on-ice indicators/distractions. In fact, having a "no HUD" option would be pretty cool. Why not, ya know?

hiperay
        Rising Rookie

I agree with this.  The boards should be enough of an indicator for those that want to know what's happening but don't want it on the ice. I will also agree with your second statement in saying after about 50 games of playing with it, it fell into the background and was pretty much ignored at that point. The only time I would see it really is when its activated on the ice.

coolspot777
    Seasoned Rookie

Was a big topic last year and really hoping they will give us an option to turn it off. visuallyThe pressure system would been a lot better if you could only FEEL when you have pressure NOT TO SEE IT ON THE ICE VISUALLY.

KidShowtime1867
      Hero

MLB The Show accompishes something similar (pitcher fatigue) in a much less obtrusive manner.

Although there's a UI element to it - there's a box in the top right that quickly appears saying "Pitcher is tired", the more subtle approach is a consistent vibration on the controller of the pitcher.

Translate this to NHL, and I think a subtle vibration on the controls of the defending team - to indicate they're feeling under pressure - would be a great way to induce awareness of the system being activated.

You could also add a vibration to the offensive side too as an indicator. 

NicCrosby87
    Seasoned Newcomer

I would totally see full pressure being on the new scoreboard. Just like PP, but red hover over the team that has it. I personally don’t like the boards UI. I liked better the good ol’ ads like in real life. Plus, Pressure System visuals seems to be the cause of no « Stanley Cup playoffs » on the ice during the playoffs… which is always a good look.