Forum Discussion

ZimGman
Newcomer
18 hours ago

this game sucks now

I have played nhl since the first year clubs was introduced. This year i really enjoyed the early release period. It had most of the similar flaws that have plagued this series since inception, but the lower speed was nice. It wasn't just endless end to end rushes. Now playing the game and fowards just blow by defence AI or human. Its back to endless end to end rushes. It just sucks. 

Playing as a defence feels pretty wonky. Its really hard to tie people up in front of the net. You cant really keep up with forwards even with speed and acceleration maxed. Playing as a human G you are in perfect position to make a save and the puck just bounces off of you and in.....but you make that random save you have no business making when youre on the other side of the net. 

I really feel like they need to redo how the object (soccer ball, hockey puck) relates to objects in the code. Its way to magnetic to other objects. It needs to be more fluid. To many times you poke the puck off the stick or block the shot or pass and it just goes right to the open guy for a goal....does this happen in real life? sure. Not to the extent it happens in this game and in real life you can at least control the animation of your body. 

Rant over. I was really looking forward to this year based off the early release now it just feels like trash. 

Terrifrik61
    Seasoned Newcomer

Agreed.  First couple days it was great.  Play hockey.  Pass the puck.  Now it’s like you say.  Blow bye AI d.  Endless breakaway rushes.  It’s a joke. 

phomi99
    Seasoned Traveler

In HUT it's who can waste time the most in the opponent's zone since no one can hit. Defense is nerfed into the ground this year. Since you can't hit ppl, spam pokes till there is a tripping penalty.