Forum Discussion

Manster54White
Seasoned Novice
5 hours ago

Which Franchise is THE Worst on NHL25? Please help

I know we haven't seen the complete rosters yet, but when the game comes out I hope I can get some help  from my fellow hockey nuts.

I like the team building aspect of running the franchise and until recently I have played my favorite team (The Habs) because they needed a LOT of help and it was a challenge.

After the last few years of shrewd management there doesn't appear to be any team building necessary for the Habs.

When we get the game can I get a few people to analyze each franchise in terms of current players, prospects and draft picks and let me know which team you think has the dimmest prospects?

admiral745
    Seasoned Scout

Problem is this, hard to say who the worst prospect team would be, when EA does not include most of the prospects out there, due to them being KHL, USJHL, NCAA, etc. So a team may have a bunch of prospects playing in various leagues around the world, but in the game those prospects are missing. Which is why I use Vasy's rosters and then move some players around. I also like team building, so I usually do my own version of draft lottery and create a new team, then fill the rest with unsigned prospects or free agents. This year, since they announced that there will be 2 new teams coming in, I will likely create both teams and do 2 draft lotteries. After which I will create my own team and use that team with free agents and left over prospects. Which will allow for a full team building experience and see how my development compares to the development of Houston and Atlanta. 

IRL I would say Winnipeg is pretty shallow for prospects, Edmonton also lacks prospect depth, American team-wise, Vegas is also shallow. Not sure how these will look in the game though, due to the aforementioned problem of not being very league inclusive. 

Manster54White
      Seasoned Novice

I should not have used the term "prospects" in that question. I am just trying to figure out who are the worst overall teams in terms of personnel, draft picks and cap space.

• I don't really care about the ones that aren't available, just rating the teams based on what EAS has assigned to them.

I like your idea about the new franchises.

admiral745
      Seasoned Scout

It provides the most challenge, I find. And you can easily look up draft lottery rules to determine what players are most likely to be protected. With 2 new teams, I will likely rotate who gets to pick a player, not sure how they plan to manage 2 teams entering at the same time

Manster54White
        Seasoned Novice

I wasn't thinking of it that way. I was just going to run one under one of my IDs and the other under the other ID

• To get even more competitive play I have run the fantasy draft. It immediately flushes all the mediocre players out of the system so every team is starting at go