Forum Discussion

Castiel_Touk
Seasoned Newcomer
3 years ago

What have you done with Treehouse of Horror XXXII event stuff...

Up and ready for your designs.

This is going to be a fun event.
    Castiel_Touk
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Here's my last part. Wish I could throw more detail into this but sadly can't in my main town. Not done anything with my second town design yet.
    https://i.imgur.com/OvkKY5u.png
  • Here are my final designs for this year's THOH. I'm really digging how well this image stitcher works, so i made some larger images for the group.

This is my artificial island built by Burns, on the coast of his plant site. I tried to make the wall appear to go around the whole park, with the broken section on the right, their point of escape to terrorize the town.

There's a large dock for the arena entrance, and a private dock for the dome inhabitants using the capsules. The guest entrance for the geriatric ctr comes through the main gate of the plant. The service drive is a dirt road outside the plant gate.

Hibbert's place on the water has its own helipad.

The small building has become part of the Monster Defense Facility on the left side of the park. It's configured to launch jarred elves at the Mnthster. The whole beach is designed to appear that the dam operators worshipped the monster until Burns set up a cannon.

On the right is my historic ship exhibit.

This expo building looks great paired with this other building that has similar window arches. This intersection of convention centers will eventually be near my airport to create a conv. ctr. district

This Ad Agency helped create a new "publishing house row" on one of my favorite city blocks in my SF. This block has mid-century department stores just off the Square, the technology university and its spin-off tech labs nearby; plus the multilevel parking deck with underground ramps i tried to do in 3-D. Can you see it?

The back corner of this block has the melted chocolate building, which i tried to make look like it was getting a new hot tar roof installed. My favorite part of this is the small 5 o'clock business district bar. There's always one of these in neighborhoods like this.

Halloween wasn't what i expected, but i got some really good new designs from it. So I'm giving it an A.
  • Here is my final design. This is my most enjoyable build for the year.

https://i.imgur.com/CEjNG0J.jpg
  • "4junk3000;c-2210446" wrote:
    Here are my final designs for this year's THOH. I'm really digging how well this image stitcher works, so i made some larger images for the group.

This is my artificial island built by Burns, on the coast of his plant site. I tried to make the wall appear to go around the whole park, with the broken section on the right, their point of escape to terrorize the town.

There's a large dock for the arena entrance, and a private dock for the dome inhabitants using the capsules. The guest entrance for the geriatric ctr comes through the main gate of the plant. The service drive is a dirt road outside the plant gate.

Hibbert's place on the water has its own helipad.

The small building has become part of the Monster Defense Facility on the left side of the park. It's configured to launch jarred elves at the Mnthster. The whole beach is designed to appear that the dam operators worshipped the monster until Burns set up a cannon.

On the right is my historic ship exhibit.

This expo building looks great paired with this other building that has similar window arches. This intersection of convention centers will eventually be near my airport to create a conv. ctr. district

This Ad Agency helped create a new "publishing house row" on one of my favorite city blocks in my SF. This block has mid-century department stores just off the Square, the technology university and its spin-off tech labs nearby; plus the multilevel parking deck with underground ramps i tried to do in 3-D. Can you see it?

The back corner of this block has the melted chocolate building, which i tried to make look like it was getting a new hot tar roof installed. My favorite part of this is the small 5 o'clock business district bar. There's always one of these in neighborhoods like this.

Halloween wasn't what i expected, but i got some really good new designs from it. So I'm giving it an A.

Love that underground car park ??
  • After a few years out I started tapping again halfway through this event. This is what I've come up with.
    Castiel_Touk
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "4junk3000;c-2209068" wrote:
    IDK how I missed this thread but it WAS 3am so maybe that affected my vision, LOL

Here's my design for Act 1. I'm trying to make it look like an island, and I attached it to land right at the entrance to the nuke plant, as if it were on Burns' coastal property. I used the Pompeii ruins to create a dirt road entrance, and added some plants to continue the path across the sand strip. If you use the Area Select Tool, you can drag pier tiles up to the edge of the sand, in the area they cannot be placed individually. I'm scavenging other designs' tiles to make this design as my yellow submarine doesn't make them fast enough.

I will be reconfiguring the layout as new items from this event are earned. I'm trying to make this look like the area where all sea monsters are found. So adjacent to this design is the Mon'ther lair and the scary looking islands, and the cthulhu monument is nearby too.

My goal is to have a road from land, a boat dock and a helipad.

Sorry I didn't see the other you made maybe the titles are getting too long or they mostly look similar now.

I forgot about the pterodactyl and that pink one at the bottom. No idea where they are but will hunt them down.
    I like this idea nice and small. :)
  • I like it placed behind the mountain range. Im very interested to see what the next acts will bring. Ive been trying to build an island in the water but I may have to shift it all to land if my design grows too big.
    Castiel_Touk
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "4junk3000;c-2210006" wrote:
    I like that piece with the alligator in it. That's not from this event, is it? Now I'm going to look in my town for it; i might have to move it over with the dinos, it looks really good here!

Yeah its not from this event.
  • "daddyscowy;c-2211363" wrote:
    "4junk3000;c-2210446" wrote:
    ...the multilevel parking deck with underground ramps i tried to do in 3-D. Can you see it?

Love that underground car park ??

Thank you very much!

"daddyscowy;c-2211364" wrote:
    After a few years out I started tapping again halfway through this event. This is what I've come up with.

That looks great!