Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Any good tips for "rebuilding" city?

I have done this a while ago, and I am thinking of building again.

What do you like to see in you openingscreen? Thats what i thougth of, so I stored all trees and deco, removed the streets, pushed everything on one side of the land, and started again, by placing ithe buildings i wanted to be seen first in the openingscreen,

I have a friend who made a drawing before redoing, perhaps, its better for you this way? Put everything in names on paper and from there on you can start building??
  • I like the idea of the game opening on the Simpsons house. It just feels right. So what I could do is store as much as I can, and then make sure the Simpson house is how I like it.

From there, what "makes sense" to me is Flanders on the left side and the Cool Brown House on the right. Then build my residential district out from around that. And from there the rest of the city might just fall into place.

What would be cool is if anybody currently on my friend list (TRTX84) wanted to take a look at my city and offer feedback on what they like and what they don't like.

That way I could see if there's things that I should keep and what could be worth reconsidering now that I've got more buildings to work with and more resources to help spruce the place up.
  • You may also want to take some screen shots of your favorite parts of town. Than way you can get it back the way you want it.
  • Make districts. It helps a lot. I have residential, commercial, fancy restaurant, movie/bowling, parks, Hollywood, slums, science/medical, volcano/hammock district, monorail items, etc. it is much easier to design when you go by district rather than by building.
  • hyphie wrote:
    If you wanna worry about your opening screen then buy all the land first. As I've expanded, I noticed it has moved down a couple plots. I used to have the town hall right in the center. Now it's way off.

Thanks for pointing that out. Is it based on the actual "center" of your town? I that's the case I'll probably bite the bullet and just build the town how I want it so I don't have to keep moving the Simpson house.

JoshSherer wrote:
    Make districts. It helps a lot. I have residential, commercial, fancy restaurant, movie/bowling, parks, Hollywood, slums, science/medical, volcano/hammock district, monorail items, etc. it is much easier to design when you go by district rather than by building.

And now I know where to put Homer's Hammock! ;)