Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Are either of these guys worth spending (more!) donuts?

Just get one off the PCs already available. The hippe and the garbage man are not really worth it. Halloween is coming up so there should be something cool to get too.
  • Well, here's my rule of thumb to ensure I'm ABLE to get the final prizes (except for the first one, as I started late; got the last of the track pieces though).

I keep chugging along with the project board. As soon as I finish the project board challenge, I keep tapping until I hit this message: "Phew! Sebastien Cobb needs a break! Please come back tomorrow..."

Now please note this is only IF you didn't purchase the dumping permit to double up your rewards for tapping in neighbors' towns. Naturally, the "event currency" does not affect the amount of event currency you receive from the project boards. Currency you receive from the project boards = counts towards the currency limit you receive from the boards, and nothing else.

I'm 98% positive this will work if you work diligently enough. You may even be able to get ahead by a few days. The other 2% is life, and TSTO and the internet being brats.

Otherwise, I'd say it's not worth it. I don't normally backtrack to spend some donuts on missed prizes, unless given another chance at some point in the future, maybe under different circumstances. But if you have deep enough pockets, go right ahead.
  • Sorry I didn't get back on here earlier to thank you for the responses to my question. I had to go out of town.
    I was bumming about missing out on those two characters but I don't feel as bad now. Honestly, in order to get either of them I would have to buy a lot more donuts and I think I'd be better off to take the above advice to remember that Hallloween is coming up. I'm sure I'll want to spend donuts there instead. I just really wanted the Hippie and his cool little fenced in area, but if those who have him say to forget it and move on, that's what I'm gonna do.
    Thanks! 8)
  • LPNintendoITA wrote:
    absolutely get the rail yard cause u can produce more tracks with it after the event!
    and donuts ;)
  • It'll all depend on how far away you are from getting 'em, as the donuts are based on "buying" the remaining event currency. (I think it's something like 5 donuts per 300 currency)

IMO, in order of usefulness:

1. Rail Yard w/ Sebastian Cobb
    Purely 'cos the Rail Yard will enable you to create tracks post-Event. It also has +5 donuts each week for getting the top set of tracks (70k blueprints per week).

2. Uriah's Heap w/ Hippie
    He can recycle any of metal, plastic or glass (albeit at "freemium" rate, 10 material per task). Dunno what his non-event tasks look like, but if you need help with materials he's a better bet than Ray. Also comes with a building (again, unlike Ray).

3. Ray Patterson
    He can only collect trash, the easiest thing to max out on (as well as something that a further 7 freemium people can do!!). His visual tasks are OK, but he's not worthwhile if it's a high donut price. Doesn't come with a building, unlike the other 2 prizes.

Edit: Just remember that the event ends with an App Store update. You can usually string out an extra day or 2 of collecting before you're forced to download the App update (& then the in-game update).

It's a game of chicken, though, as being forced to update could come at any time. So push as hard as you can for the Rail Yard, then snap it up for donuts (if need be) before that kicks in & locks you out from the Event.
  • Grumpstown wrote:
    LPNintendoITA wrote:
    absolutely get the rail yard cause u can produce more tracks with it after the event!
    and donuts ;)

Exactly. This is the reason why I'm pushing my bf to get the rail yard. During the last two acts, he was really obessed with playing "Fallout", the mobile game. >.> This way he can produce as many tracks as he wants without worrying about the time limit.
  • Grumpstown wrote:
    LPNintendoITA wrote:
    and donuts ;)

This. ^

Mmm... Donuts!
  • Just like the "Do Not Touch --Willie" sign, this is all good advice. Thanks, everyone! :D