Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Black friday

looks like a sale on premium items and it was rumored old items but so far no exact info has been given
  • I just looked back on that quote I posted on another thread - it was a quote from wiki that contained a message from ea suggesting there would be hourly offers. But that information has been edited.

"On November 26, 2014, a sponsored link appeared on the Reddit sub-reddit "Tapped Out", seemingly from EA, reading "Hey Redditors! The true season of shopping- er, giving will start this weekend in The Simpsons: Tapped Out with our Black Friday Promotions, running every hour, all weekend long! All the fun of Black Friday without any of the being crushed to death!" implying there will be deals and promotions of items on Black Friday, November 28, 2014.
    On November 27, 2014, Thanksgiving, a 13.8MB in-game update was installed, adding the Black Friday deals.
    The Black Friday deals launch on November 28, 2014 at 8am GMT. There will be a donut deal/"rebate" on Black Friday, and an offer to buy the Truckasaurus for Donut Tapped Out.png225 on Cyber Monday."

:shock:
    barryriddl474
    Seasoned Newcomer
    225 donuts for Truckasaurus on Monday? Didn't it appear on Marge and the Monorail?
  • It was earlier. Season 8 ? I'd look it up but . . . Too busy working out my sleeping pattern ! :D
  • Was it in the canyonero/marge's road rage episode? For some reason that's what's popping into my mind.
    barryriddl474
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Found this on google:
    From Marge and the Monorail:
    "Homer watches a television advert for ``Truckasaurus: The Movie'',
    starring Marlon Brando as John Truckasaurus (celebrity voice impersonated).
    Then follows an ad (using somebody who looks startlingly like Homer as
    a demonstration) recruiting people to become monorail conductors.
    Homer decides that being a monorail conductor was his life-long dream."

Could this lead up to the monorail finally?
  • They should put up some sales for in game cash to not just donuts. For people who are just as dedicated, my fiancee and I werenhighly dissapointed as new users to find out that black Friday was and is for big buisness. Just sayin.
  • thatdonald845 wrote:
    In our dreams. A new level must be due soon though. :shock:

Probably not until after Christmas
  • ccnqsj985 wrote:
    They should put up some sales for in game cash to not just donuts. For people who are just as dedicated, my fiancee and I werenhighly dissapointed as new users to find out that black Friday was and is for big buisness. Just sayin.

I agree with you that Black Friday is largely a big business conception and promotion. However, the small, local, businesses get in on all the action as well. It is more a giant holiday of consumerism and capitalism, not just big business.