Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Criminals AI changed?

fuffazzoni wrote:
These clown-criminals seem more difficult to find than the ones in phase 1. The old ones only walked on roads, and tended to gather wherever you left your screen idle. These new ones don't converge, they just walk around, and sometimes they even stay still for a lot, plus they often walk on the grass and between buildings as well, making it more difficult to find them. For some reason they like the patch of grass around my put-a-lotts. Did ayone else notice this? Now I can't leave my phone idle anymore, hoping to come back and find the screen filled with criminals. Oh well, not a big problem afer all, those wigs are so easy to spot.

There is an easy way to spot them.

Go into your edit bit where you move stuff about.

Click on the tree icon the house icon and the water / road icon to hide them. All the criminals will show up as you move around your town. you just have to keep coming out of edit and back in as you move round. :)
  • Tazzy452 wrote:
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    These clown-criminals seem more difficult to find than the ones in phase 1. The old ones only walked on roads, and tended to gather wherever you left your screen idle. These new ones don't converge, they just walk around, and sometimes they even stay still for a lot, plus they often walk on the grass and between buildings as well, making it more difficult to find them. For some reason they like the patch of grass around my put-a-lotts. Did ayone else notice this? Now I can't leave my phone idle anymore, hoping to come back and find the screen filled with criminals. Oh well, not a big problem afer all, those wigs are so easy to spot.

There is an easy way to spot them.

Go into your edit bit where you move stuff about.

Click on the tree icon the house icon and the water / road icon to hide them. All the criminals will show up as you move around your town. you just have to keep coming out of edit and back in as you move round. :)

OH yeah good suggestion! I remember doing this with the feds at Christmas.
  • It sometimes feels like a game of where is Waldo?

http://i.imgur.com/mRlEPzul.jpg
  • In Phase 1, it seemed to me like the criminals tended to move towards the landing zone...or maybe it was the new Superior Squad HQ, which is in my landing zone. I would often times move around my town tapping, then return to the landing zone area to find a pretty high concentration of criminals there. The movement patterns do seem to have changed - I had one this morning who was halfway behind a tree. Bad move by him to wear the rainbow wig or else I probably wouldn't have noticed!
    grogtheslayer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    These clown-criminals seem more difficult to find than the ones in phase 1. The old ones only walked on roads, and tended to gather wherever you left your screen idle.

Phase 1 criminals in my Springfield walked everywhere - on the grass, between buildings - although they seemed to prefer roads slightly more.
  • These are definitely going places the other ones didn't, I have found them among trees, in the Squidport, on the beach, and among the walls of my CoC castle whereas the older ones always stuck to the roads and hid behind buildings.

The old trick of hiding everything except characters is a wonder tool for these, it worked on Halloween and Christmas and it'll work now. It'll take a while but it's worth the effort.
  • grogtheslayer wrote:
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    These clown-criminals seem more difficult to find than the ones in phase 1. The old ones only walked on roads, and tended to gather wherever you left your screen idle.

Phase 1 criminals in my Springfield walked everywhere - on the grass, between buildings - although they seemed to prefer roads slightly more.

I rarely had ones that would go among trees and behind walls. It was always roads and buildings rarely anything else.
  • efin98 wrote:
    These are definitely going places the other ones didn't, I have found them among trees, in the Squidport, on the beach, and among the walls of my CoC castle whereas the older ones always stuck to the roads and hid behind buildings.

The old trick of hiding everything except characters is a wonder tool for these, it worked on Halloween and Christmas and it'll work now. It'll take a while but it's worth the effort.

Yep, has worked on all those other little rascals and works for these too.
    I'm finding the clown wigs easier to spot but this morning I found one in that corner I always forget to clear. There was a see saw yo there until today as I kept leaving rod and Todd stuck there.
  • I found them sneaky all along, hiding in yards and behind trees, etc. maybe they are actually easier to find now with their cute hair.